Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
ADVANCED GUIDED READING STRATEGIES
New Ideas to Take Your Guided Reading Instruction to Another Level
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 1-3: Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
New, advanced guided reading strategies to maximize your students’ reading achievement
- Dozens of valuable tools and classroom‑proven ideas to take your guided reading instruction to the next level
- Highly practical, research‑based strategies that will give you big results from small group reading and will support the RTI process
- Classroom video segments, outstanding ideas and valuable resources to help you differentiate instruction and build your students’ comprehension skills
- Receive an extensive guided reading resource handbook filled with ready‑to‑use activities to strengthen the reading skills of all your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you have started a guided reading program and are ready to move beyond the basics to more advanced strategies and techniques, this seminar is designed just for you.
In this action‑packed presentation, Mary Peterson will present a wealth of innovative, advanced ideas to strengthen and enhance your guided reading instruction. The emphasis will be on new ideas that you can use immediately in your guided reading program. Using current research on best teaching practices, Mary will share classroom‑proven strategies, activities and techniques designed to enhance your current reading program without making things more complicated. Mary will provide effective guided reading lesson plans that go beyond the basics to more advanced strategies and techniques that will increase your students’ fluency and reading comprehension.
The day will be filled with ideas you can take back to your grades 1‑3 classrooms and implement immediately with your own students. Using video clips filmed in real classrooms with real students, Mary will model many of the techniques and strategies presented in her seminar. Join Mary for this exciting opportunity to learn the newest, most advanced guided reading strategies ideal for grades 1‑3.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Strengthen Your Current Guided Reading Program
Learn highly effective ways to maximize the effectiveness of your instruction using advanced guided reading strategies based on the most current research
- Video Clips that Demonstrate Highly Effective Reading Strategies
See the latest research‑based strategies that take guided reading to the next level … Demonstrations by classroom teachers working with their students
- Increase Comprehension Through Research‑Based Vocabulary Instruction
Discover how to improve comprehension through powerful vocabulary instruction specifically designed for grades 1‑3
- Plan Effective Mini‑Lessons
Receive specific guided reading mini‑lessons that strengthen and enhance key reading skills for students at all reading levels
- Make the Reading and Writing Connection
Gain a wealth of exciting and effective writing activities using reading as a springboard … Utilize guided reading groups to make the reading and writing connection
- New Ways to Use Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction
Take your guided reading instruction beyond the basics with outstanding techniques that address the diverse needs of your students from high‑achieving to those at risk
- Develop Students’ Comprehension Skills with Fiction and Nonfiction Texts
Increase higher intellectual performance by guiding students to use comprehension strategies for both fiction and nonfiction text … Realistic ways to use guided reading instruction in other content areas
- Specific Ways to Manage and Organize Learning Centers
Receive easy‑to‑implement, classroom‑proven techniques and activities to keep all students productive and engaged while the teacher works with guided reading groups
- Take Your Guided Reading Instruction to the Next Level
Discover new ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of your guided reading groups … Provide powerful instruction to increase student learning in grades 1‑3
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques … All ideas are easy to implement and ready for immediate use
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Outstanding ways to enhance the effectiveness of your current guided reading program
- Creative ideas to engage even your most reluctant readers
- How to plan before, during and after strategies to increase student reading success
- Engaging activities that result in increased reading fluency
- Research‑based vocabulary instruction to increase comprehension
- Outstanding ideas to keep the rest of the class engaged in independent reading and writing activities while you work with small guided reading groups
- Differentiated instruction to significantly increase reading achievement for ALL students
- Multiple ways to use excellent, motivating books to teach essential reading skills and strategies
- Practical techniques to meet your students’ academic needs without increasing your workload
- How to use current research and best practices in your guided reading instruction
- Specific ways to teach comprehension skills for fiction and nonfiction text
- Easily implemented ideas to set up a classroom structure that motivates all students to read and write
- Powerful strategies for delivering effective mini‑lessons
- Ideas to help students respond to literature through writing
- Outstanding teaching techniques to take your guided reading program beyond basic guided reading instruction
- Valuable ideas that you will be able to use immediately in your guided reading program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I would like to invite you to my seminar that focuses on guided reading strategies that go “beyond the basics.” I have designed this seminar to provide fresh ideas and the best, most current techniques to enrich your guided reading instruction. All the strategies are practical, easy to implement and classroom proven to increase reading achievement for your grades 1‑3 students.
You will receive dozens of research‑based strategies to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current guided reading program. Differentiation strategies for the emergent reader as well as the independent reader will also be addressed. We will cover easy and effective ways to keep the rest of the class productive and engaged while you work with guided reading groups. This day will be packed with ideas, strategies and activities to build a classroom of confident and competent readers.
In this fast‑paced seminar we will discuss research‑based comprehension, fluency and vocabulary strategies that will motivate and engage even the most reluctant reader. Several student work samples and literacy games will be on display, and you are welcome to take pictures. My goal is for you to leave with renewed excitement and many practical ideas that you can use immediately. Please join me for this highly practical and engaging day.
P.S. If you want ready‑to‑use, practical strategies and activities guaranteed to take your guided reading instruction to the next level and significantly increase your students’ reading achievement, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 1‑3: Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
A wealth of practical, ready‑to‑use strategies to increase your students’ reading achievement
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated guided reading instruction that will enhance your existing program
- Games, activities, lesson plans, and copy‑ready pages for immediate implementation
- Powerful before, during and after reading activities for group and independent learning
- Research‑based techniques to help all students read with confidence and competence
Materials on Display
As a participant at the seminar, you will have the opportunity to view student work samples and literacy games. You may want to bring a camera!
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.