Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Best Strategies for Making Every
Specifically Designed for Educators Working With Students in Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers,
Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- 101 highly effective, research-based strategies and activities to strengthen the reading skills of every student in grades 3-6
- Innovative, practical approaches to build reading stamina and achieve higher-level comprehension skills with complex text and online reading material
- Four critical steps for turning assessments into goal-directed literacy instruction
- Dozens of high-impact lesson ideas and engaging reading activities to ensure student growth in all literacy areas that meet the unique needs of students in grades 3-6
- Receive an extensive reading resource handbook filled with classroom-ready materials and useful resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
With the changes to state standards and the increasing demands on classroom teachers, effective literacy instruction remains at the forefront of most educators’ goals. Helping all students obtain effective reading strategies to ensure comprehension of more complex text and an expanding diversity of reading material are high priorities for teachers working with students in grades 3-6.
In this idea-packed seminar, outstanding literacy educator, Lynn Sanders, will provide you with the most effective reading strategies to meet the unique needs of students in grades 3-6 at all stages of reading development. You’ll learn dozens of highly effective techniques, activities and assessments, and more to enhance your reading instruction in grades 3-6. You’ll deepen your knowledge base in all areas of literacy, including text complexity, genre variety infusion, vocabulary instruction, critical reading, comprehension and assessment, and more. You’ll leave this seminar with an extensive reading resource handbook so you can begin using these proven strategies immediately.You will be encouraged, challenged and inspired after a day of learning proven reading strategies and activities that will work in your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Utilize the Most Effective Strategies for Helping Every Student Become a More Skilled Reader
Learn the most effective, proven strategies to help students in grades 3-6 become skilled readers of an expanding variety of text types both in print and online
- Take a Fresh Look at the Most Critical Elements of Effective Reading Instruction for Students in Grades 3-6
Learn practical ways to incorporate all of the key elements for helping all students in grades 3-6 become more confident and fluent readers with a variety of genres and types of complex texts
- Encourage Greater Rigor and Text Complexity within Your Reading Program
Increase the depth of your students’ thinking by encouraging elaboration, multiple perspectives and reflection
- Accelerate the Reading Success of Every Student
Acquire a variety of highly effective, research-proven strategies that will enhance the reading achievement of every student from the struggling to the high achiever
- Expand Your Repertoire of Comprehension Strategies with Informational and Nonfiction Text
Incorporate the most effective comprehension strategies for use across content areas including social studies, science and technical subjects that reinforce drawing inferences and determining the most important ideas
- Timesaving Tips for Turning Assessment Data into Goal-Directed Instruction
Discover how to use reading assessments to the fullest benefit … Reading inventories, running records, the three stages of reading, and the three areas of reading development all play a major role in helping students … Learn the best way to efficiently assess your students individually and how to use the results to meet all learner needs
- Help Students Become More Critical Readers
Gain a deeper understanding of how critical reading and critical thinking can both be utilized to ensure skilled reading of content area reading material
- Maximize Literacy Skills by Strengthening the Reading-Writing Connection
Learn practical strategies for teaching students how to take what they have read in a variety of texts and apply it to how they write
- Develop Independent Readers and Motivate Reluctant Ones
Inspire active involvement through engaging strategies that motivate reluctant readers … Discover how critical literacy builds explicit connections to text … Prepare students to respond substantively to new measures of reading comprehension
- Receive an Extensive Reading Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive reading resource handbook with ready-to-use ideas, plans, activities, graphic organizers, anchor charts, and more … See photos of strategies at work in real classrooms and browse real student work examples at multiple grade levels
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The most effective reading strategies for use with students in grades 3-6
- Dynamic techniques for building student reading stamina
- Proven strategies to help students learn and practice critical reading skills no matter which genre of text they choose
- Practical ways to utilize high quality children’s literature in the upper elementary language arts block
- Highly motivating strategies to help students in grades 3-6 develop an enduring love for reading
- Specific adjustments that need to be made in your reading instruction as students increase the amount of reading online
- Proven vocabulary strategies for use in a variety of contexts
- How to effectively incorporate paired texts and mentor texts to promote fluency, inference skills and connections while enhancing comprehension
- Innovative goal-setting ideas to help students take greater ownership of their literacy learning
- Practical reading strategies you can use immediately regardless of whether your instruction is based on novel studies, basal readers or other text formats
- Classroom-proven strategies to promote fluency, inference skills and connections while enhancing comprehension
- Innovative inference skills and other effective comprehension strategies
- How to reap the full benefits of using individual assessment tools to create personal, meaningful reading goals
- Helpful techniques students need before, during and after tackling any text
- Proven strategies for teaching students how to take what they read in a variety of texts and applying it to how they write
- Timesaving ways to more efficiently assess your students individually and how to use the results to better meet the needs of all readers
- Ways to incorporate critical reading with content area reading to create more strategic readers
- New techniques for releasing responsibility to students
- Proven ways to help students differentiate between text features and text structures
- How to incorporate fiction, informational, graphic novels, and textbook literacy into essential reading strategies for students in grades 3-6
- Ways to utilize critical reading in history, science, health, and mathematics
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced literacy teacher, I am well aware of the demands on teachers working with students in grades 3-6, specifically in the area of literacy instruction. In a country where 21% of adults read below a 5th grade level, and 19% of high school graduates can’t read we are under a great deal of pressure to ensure literacy success of all students. In this engaging idea-packed day, we will explore many highly effective avenues of literacy instruction to help enhance what you are already doing well. You will leave with a greatly expanded “toolbox” of instructional ideas, activities and plans that you can begin to use immediately. These tools will be in the form of dozens of practical, research-based, tested techniques and methods for varying reading levels, all appropriate for use with students in grades 3-6.
I invite you to join me to explore, discuss, create, try out, and plan new ways to reach all readers and help them gain essential comprehension skills. Practical how-to’s, authentic work samples and testimonials will be a large part of our time together, so you can clearly see how the pieces fit. You will solidify your current knowledge base and learn new, innovative techniques. Ideas most relevant to individual student needs will be the focus of our day.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. As part of our instructional day, you will take home a comprehensive reading resource handbook packed with proven techniques that will continue to take you on the journey we start together.
Who Should Attend
Educators Working With Students in Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Reading strategies outlined and defined and extensive examples given for multiple reading levels
- Proven ideas and techniques for small group, individual and partner activities
- Ideas to integrate vocabulary instruction in meaningful, purposeful ways
- Literature lists to help incorporate quality children’s literature across multiple genres into your literacy program
- Reading assessments and plans for using them in the classroom
- Tips for individual goal setting for all learners
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators who are interested in strengthening reading instruction for students in grades 3-6.
Lynn Sanders will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.