Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Best Strategies for Making
Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, RTI Providers, ELL/ESL Teachers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- 101 highly effective, practical strategies to strengthen the reading skills of every student in grades K-2 using the most current research
- Differentiated strategies, tips and techniques to strengthen the reading achievement of K-2 students
- The six critical elements of reading instruction to best support emerging and fluent readers
- Highly practical strategies to support readers’ phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension skills
- Proven reading strategies to better support struggling readers and challenge advanced students
- Receive an extensive K-2 reading instruction resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies and ideas
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW, highly practical seminar is designed for K-2 teachers who are interested in helping their students become better readers. Outstanding reading teacher and national presenter, Sue Brady will provide you with practical, engaging activities and techniques that will incorporate higher level thinking skills, foundational skills, vocabulary instruction, and nonfiction activities into your classroom.
Using the current, best research, Sue will provide you with ready-to-use ideas, methods and activities to thoroughly engage your K-2 students. Sue understands that students learn in different ways, and she will present dozens of successful, engaging activities to reinforce and expand your reading instruction. The focus will be on practical activities to engage and challenge students. You will leave this seminar with dozens of activities that will excite and challenge your high readers and motivate your most reluctant students. Sue will show you how to make your lessons more effective without workbooks and worksheets, and the best part is that they can be implemented as soon as you return to your classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Six Most Critical Elements of Effective Reading Instruction for Grades K-2
Focus on these critical essentials to address the diverse needs of your students for maximum academic gain … No-cost essentials to strengthen your reading instruction and improve students’ learning in grades K-2
- Strengthen Your Repertoire of Phonemic Awareness Strategies and Activities
Use research-based, hands-on strategies to teach phonemic awareness to better prepare your students to achieve or exceed your state standards
- Focus on Highly Practical Strategies to Support Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Fluency, and Comprehension
Engaging, easy-to-implement, hands-on strategies that support each of the five research-based components of increasing reading competency … Enhance your reading instruction as soon as you return to school
- Strengthen the Reading Achievement of Your K-2 Readers Using Differentiated Strategies
Engaging, classroom-proven strategies that emphasize critical reading skills to focus on the diverse needs of your emerging and fluent readers … Differentiate your reading instruction to support the emergent reader and challenge the fluent reader
- Discover the Best Online Resources and Activities to Motivate and Support Your Young Readers
You will leave with a list of websites that can immediately be implemented into your classroom … Many websites and online resources for teachers and students will be shared to support your K-2 readers
- Accelerate the Reading Success of Every Student
Acquire a large variety of highly effective, research-proven strategies that will enhance the reading achievement of your students – from the struggling readers to the fluent readers
- Discover the Best Fiction and Nonfiction Books to Support Your Emergent and Fluent Readers and Writers
Discover how to use quality fiction and nonfiction titles that connect to your state standards … Receive an extensive bibliography of titles perfect for expanding your reading and writing instruction
- Incorporate Informational Text into Your K-2 Classroom
Learn classroom-proven ways to incorporate informational and nonfiction text into your classroom to increase your students’ achievement and meet your state standards
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas
Learn from a presenter who has worked with K-2 students for more than 30 years … You will leave with dozens of proven strategies for immediate use in grades K-2 reading instruction
- Receive an Extensive K-2 Reading Instruction Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive a detailed reading resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies and ideas specifically designed for this seminar … Ideas that can be implemented tomorrow to maximize reading success for all of your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- More than 101 of the best strategies, lesson ideas and ready-to-use resources for helping make every K-2 student a better reader
- Highly engaging activities to motivate even your most reluctant readers
- Innovative, hands-on activities that motivate all students
- Innovative ways for incorporating nonfiction text into your classroom
- Engaging and interactive websites that you can use immediately
- Practical, effective techniques to maximize comprehension skills to meet your state standards
- Creative, hands-on manipulatives that are inexpensive or free to make
- How to more deeply engage your students in literacy work stations that reinforce reading and writing skills
- Highly engaging activities to reinforce concepts and practice phonemic awareness, phonics skills, writing skills, and more
- Innovative activities that foster responsibility and working together cooperatively
- How you can effectively use existing space creatively with inexpensive materials
- Ways to incorporate the best fiction and nonfiction literature into your instruction
- Practical, timesaving ideas to implement the most effective reading strategies into your classroom
- High-quality activities to motivate students and strengthen their achievement in reading
- Practical strategies to help your students prepare for and develop the skills required in your state standards for reading
- Motivating ideas for teaching blending and segmenting of phonemes to meet your state standards in foundational skills
- Proven ways to teach vocabulary
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As primary teachers, we are constantly challenged to help our students learn to read in ways that encourage their love of reading. As an experienced primary teacher, reading specialist and literacy consultant, I have worked with numerous students from kindergarten through second grade and met with dedicated teachers just like you every year. Many of our conversations have focused on ways to move away from the drill and kill worksheets that simply don’t work and move towards hands-on, meaningful activities that are engaging, challenging and promote a love of reading.
During this fast-paced seminar, I will share dozens of classroom-proven strategies and activities that not only incorporate research-based techniques, but are motivating and fun! We will look at numerous, practical, meaningful ideas for teaching phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension to entice even your most reluctant learners.
Throughout the day, I will focus on proven strategies to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current reading program by using the materials that you will discover at this seminar. Even though you came to add 101 reading strategies to your repertoire, I believe that you will leave with even more! I promise that whether you are a brand new teacher or a veteran teacher, there is something here for you! Everything I share is practical and easy to implement! I provide a wealth of materials that you can take back to your own K-2 classrooms and use immediately.
This seminar is designed to provide you with practical strategies and activities that are both classroom based and research driven. No one has time for lessons that aren’t best practice! I want you to have the opportunity to pick and choose the strategies and methods that work best with your students in your school.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. All of these activities have been tested with K-2 students! I am confident that they will help lead your students to achieve literacy success and a love of reading!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, RTI Providers, ELL/ESL Teachers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive reading resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ideas to easily implement reading strategies into your classroom at little or no cost to you
- Ideas and activities based on current research that are practical and motivating
- Ideas, tips and techniques for differentiating your reading lessons to meet your state standards
- Strategies and ideas that encourage the application of higher-order skills that align with your state standards
- Differentiated strategies for strengthening the reading achievement of your K-2 readers using
- The most helpful online sites and activities to support your state reading standards
- Helpful resources for nonfiction to use in K-2 classrooms
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their students’ reading achievement.
Sue Brady will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.