Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase Student Learning by Using iPads and Other Mobile Devices in Your Pre-K or Kindergarten Classroom
Presented by Alice Christie, Ph.D.
Specifically Designed for Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers
- The best iPad apps to expand your teaching options and excite your pre-K or kindergarten students
- Detailed instructions for locating, evaluating, downloading, and using mobile apps for your pre-K or kindergarten classroom
- A comprehensive list of the best apps you can immediately use to enhance your teaching and energize your pre-K or kindergarten students
- Access to Dr. Christie’s continually updated website for educators using mobile devices in their classrooms
- Collaboration apps that facilitate connecting to teachers and students down the hall, across town, within your state, across the United States, and throughout the world
- An extensive resource handbook that provides numerous ideas and strategies on how to use mobile devices and highly acclaimed apps in your classrooms
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Mobile learning is not yet pervasive in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms, but its potential is enormous. This day-long session provides numerous instructional strategies for teachers to use iPads and other mobile technologies to (1) foster active, participatory learning, (2) increase student engagement in the learning process and (3) create exciting, empowering, exploratory, student-centered learning environments.
Award-winning educator and renowned international speaker, Dr. Alice Christie, will demonstrate the use of iPads and other mobile devices as well as the best apps for use in your classroom. Throughout the day she’ll go beyond just introducing you to what’s new and exciting by providing you with practical strategies for using mobile devices in your pre-K and kindergarten classrooms.
Using a large screen multimedia projection system (rather than individual computers), she’ll share dozens of ways that you can ignite your students’ love of learning across all curricular areas with the best apps and instructional strategies for mobile devices for pre-K and kindergarten classrooms.
This NEW seminar is loaded with fresh ideas to engage and motivate your students. Whether you are a “newbie” or a “techie,” you will leave with dozens of ideas and strategies you will be able to use immediately in your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Latest Mobile Technologies and How to Use Them in Your Pre-K or Kindergarten Classroom
Smartphones, tablets, netbooks, and more … Learn which are best suited for education and how to use them for instructional purposes in pre-K or kindergarten classroom
- Preview the Best Educational Apps for Young Learners
If you have even one mobile device in your classroom, you can provide some amazing and authentic learning opportunities for students … Discover which apps are best and learn how to find, download and use them with your students
- Excite and Engage Your Students With the Best iPad Apps for Pre-K and Kindergarten Students
Actively engage your students with apps that incorporate audio, visual and kinesthetic elements … Discover apps that focus on colors, drawing, art, music, creativity, problem solving, and discovery, as well as apps that focus on math, science, language arts, and social studies all designed for use in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Collaborate with Other Educators and Classrooms Using Apps for Mobile Devices
Discover free tools that will allow you and your students to share ideas and collaborate on projects with other classrooms from around the world … Tools include Skype and a multitude of other collaboration apps
- Save Time by Using Numerous Utility Apps for Teachers
Take advantage of apps that allow you to quickly record observations of students, locate each of the state standards, keep student records, work collaboratively with other teachers, record lessons, and more
- A Comprehensive, Teacher-Friendly Rubric to Evaluate Apps
Use Dr. Christie’s rubric to evaluate apps … Assess each app in terms of its ability to help students and teachers create, communicate, collaborate, critique, and contextualize
- Increase Communication with Students, Parents and the Community
Learn which apps facilitate communication and discover strategies for using these apps to boost interaction between you, your students, their parents, and members of local or global communities
- Extend Learning Beyond the Walls of Your Classroom
With school budgets shrinking, virtual field trips are a great alternative to physically leaving your classroom to explore the world … Explore numerous geo-based apps that allow learners to discover the world through photos, videos and satellite images
- Learn Which Types of Apps Best Support Learning in Pre-K and Kindergarten Classrooms
Go beyond apps that provide instruction on basic skills and explore apps in a number of categories including maps and reference tools, puzzles, productivity tools, creativity tools, idea mapping tools, utilities, and collaboration tools
- Take Home a Comprehensive Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive a resource handbook filled with numerous ideas and strategies on how to use mobile devices and highly acclaimed apps in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms … Everything demonstrated during the seminar is included in the handbook
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Mobile technologies that are best suited for use in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Tools to locate apps for your classroom
- How to download and install apps on the mobile devices in your classroom
- Which attributes of apps for mobile devices are important for educators to critique when evaluating apps for classroom use
- How to use a rubric to evaluate several potential apps for use in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Numerous instructional strategies for using a variety of mobile devices and apps in your classroom
- A number of apps that strengthen learning while fostering creativity, collaboration and communication
- How easy it can be to use apps to support your teaching by using timesaving productivity apps
- Dozens of videos highlighting young learners using mobile devices
- A number of interactive children’s books available for mobile devices
- How “educaching” can engage students in student-centered, authentic and collaborative learning experiences
- How to extend learning beyond the classroom walls by using Skype to communicate with local, regional or national authors, artists, scientists, other students, and classrooms
- Numerous new skills and ideas for immediate use in your classroom
- How you can engage your students in exciting collaborative projects using mobile devices and apps
- Unlimited access to Dr. Christie’s website that focuses on using mobile devices
- What policies and procedures teachers and administrators need to consider BEFORE integrating mobile devices into classrooms and schools
- IT issues regarding deployment of mobile devices across classrooms or schools
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Over the last decade, mobile technologies have become an integral part of our daily living. Laptops, netbooks, personal digital assistants, mobile phones, smartphones, and apps for these mobile devices are proliferating at exponential rates.
Mobile learning, however, is not yet pervasive in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms; but its potential is enormous. This NEW seminar is designed to specifically help those teachers and administrators who accept the challenge to integrate mobile technologies into their schools and classrooms. This day-long session provides numerous instructional strategies for teachers to use mobile technologies to (1) foster active, participatory learning, (2) increase student engagement in the learning process and (3) create exciting, empowering, exploratory, student-centered learning environments.
Using age-appropriate apps on mobile devices in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms can make learning contagious and spark a love of learning in students. However, finding really relevant, engaging apps that facilitate learning can be a bit daunting. Throughout the day, I will introduce educators to the best educational apps (among the millions on the market and the hundreds I’ve reviewed) for pre-K and kindergarten students. I will also demonstrate how to use them in the classroom to motivate students and enhance learning experiences. Finally, I will share my rubric for evaluating apps for mobile devices to help teachers identify the best apps for young digital age learners.
Join me for this fast-paced, idea-packed seminar. Come experience the same joy of learning that your students will feel when they use mobile devices in their classrooms. I’ll share dozens of ways for you to ignite your students’ love of learning across all curricular areas with the best apps for mobile devices for pre-K and kindergarten classrooms.
Alice Christie, Ph.D.
P.S. This seminar focuses on expanding your understanding of how to use mobile devices, evaluate mobile apps and learn about the best apps available for pre-K and kindergarten learners.
Who Should Attend
Pre-K and kindergarten educators and administrators who accept the challenge to integrate mobile technologies into their schools and classrooms.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Numerous instructional strategies for using mobile devices in pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Links to all the multimedia shared during the seminar
- Tips and tricks for using iPad, iPhone, iPod, and GPS enabled devices in educational environments
- Specific directions on locating, evaluating, downloading, and installing apps on mobile devices
- Discussion of IT issues regarding deployment of mobile devices across classrooms or schools
- Discussion of policy issues regarding mobile device initiatives or BYOT programs
- Extensive list of Web resources to support the use of mobile devices in the classroom
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices . You are welcome to bring your own fully charged iPad but it is not a requirement to attend.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using iPads and other mobile device technology to enhance their pre-K and kindergarten instruction.
Dr. Alice Christie will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.