Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Full STEAM Ahead: Integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (Preschool - Kindergarten)
Presented by Sheri Sutterley
Specifically designed for Preschool, Pre-K, TK, and Kindergarten Teachers; Instructional Aides; Special Education Staff; Title 1 Staff; Literacy Specialists; and Administrators
- Learn essential ways to integrate STEAM in your grades PreK-K program
- Discover innovative, practical and hands-on activities that challenge students to use and strengthen their science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematical skills
- Learn outstanding STEAM tips and tools to help you maximize student creativity, thinking and learning while saving you tons of time
- Receive an extensive STEAM resource handbook filled with a wealth of strategies, tips and activities, all ideal for your PreK-K students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Teaching and implementing science in the classroom used to involve outdated textbooks and a workbook-based curriculum. However, with the introduction and implementation of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in our teaching world, science is relevant, creative, and hands-on—especially for our youngest students.
In this, innovative and engaging seminar by Sheri Sutterley you will explore and learn skills and strategies that will powerfully bring STEAM into your PreK-K classroom. Integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics holds wonderful potential for our teaching. In this seminar, you will learn age-appropriate strategies to help you integrate STEAM within your existing curricula in highly engaging ways.
Prepare to interact in lively activities, investigations and discussions that will increase your enthusiasm and confidence with integrating STEAM. You will learn how to use STEAM as a means to awaken student curiosity to better understand and explore the world around them. Your PreK-K students will be able to share their discoveries in meaningful designs and displays that blend math, engineering, the arts, and sciences together using successful classroom-proven techniques and practices.
Join Sheri for an inspiring, engaging, creative, and fun day of practical and powerful ways to help you successfully integrate STEAM in your PreK-K program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- What Every Grades PreK-K Educator Should Know About Implementing STEAM
Learn the essential components of outstanding STEAM learning environments in grades PreK-K … Practical tips to help you get the most out of this powerful approach to teaching and learning within your existing curricula
- Maximize Student Learning with Timesaving STEAM Strategies and Tools
Receive dozens of ready-to-use ideas and resources that will help you fine-tune what you're already doing to save you hours of time spent planning and searching for what works in PreK-K … The work has already been done for you!
- Engage Your Students in a Rich STEAM Learning Environment
Learn how to captivate your students using active STEAM learning approaches … Develop an environment in your PreK-K classroom that enhances reading and writing within the content areas
- Challenge Students to Discover, Discuss, Measure, and Record
Discover ways to use Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) as a means to weave science inquiry and curiosity into what you are already teaching daily in your PreK-K classroom … Empower your young students to develop creativity and critical thinking skills
- Age-Appropriate Activities that Develop Curiosity and an Interest in the World Around Them
Help each of your students to say and believe, "I am a scientist!" … Receive the tools you need to empower your students to get an early start doing "real science" and examining the world around them by asking questions and investigating solutions
- Integrate STEAM Components with the Next Generation Science Standards
No need to start from scratch in integrating STEAM with NGSS! … Receive lessons, activities, take home book masters, and ideas that will energize your instruction and get students excited about learning and investigating the world around them
- Involve Your Students in Imaginative Engineering Design Challenges
Encourage creativity and invention with meaningful activities and projects that develop collaboration … Practice and learn doable strategies to engage your PreK-K students in learning through exploration, innovation and problem solving
- Explore Practical Tips and Tools for Using Technology With PreK-K Students
Utilize technology to fully involve your students in learning science, engineering and mathematics … Discover numerous interactive websites where PreK-K students can control variables, predict outcomes and check their predictions
- Integrate STEAM into Your Current Program, Stress-Free
Discover how you can integrate science, technology, engineering, the arts and math into your current program … Proven strategies and ways you can augment and enhance your current PreK-K curricula with STEAM
- Receive an Extensive STEAM Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, strategies and techniques to help you successfully enhance STEAM in your PreK-K classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to help you successfully integrate STEAM into your instruction without re-inventing your grades PreK-K program
- Unique ideas and ways to encourage your students to collaborate, explore, research, design, invent, construct, create, and modify
- Practical tips for how to avoid "PreK-aos" or "K-aos" and instead to build a structured, positive and successful STEAM classroom
- Numerous tips, strategies, activities, and classroom-ready ideas to help you incorporate STEAM lessons into your existing curricula
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to connect STEAM and the NGSS to other learning goals you already teach
- Dozens of useful and valuable classroom-ready ideas that will encourage and enhance your program
- Step-by-step ways to effectively teach thinking skills and concepts with STEAM
- Creative ways to teach and reinforce essential STEAM vocabulary using literature, music, technology, and multisensory learning experiences
- A wealth of low/no-cost ideas and ready-to-use tools for enhancing STEAM instruction in your classroom—Your instruction will come alive!
- Practical and classroom-tested schedule ideas to help you plan your day, week, month, or year
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Thank you for your commitment, enthusiasm and joyful energy for teaching our youngest students. As preschool and kindergarten teachers, we are in a demanding and "pressure-filled" environment each and every day. Over my years of teaching, I have seen the academic expectations of our students change dramatically. We are the first teachers to emphasize educational standards that will follow our learners throughout their years of formal education. Keeping the focus on our students while developing meaningful activities is not an easy challenge for us.
I have designed this seminar specifically to assist you in integrating STEAM into your own preschool or kindergarten program. Our day will be devoted to exploring outstanding ways you can integrate science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math within your existing curricula with your grades PreK-K learners. I want to equip you with the best, most current ideas and resources to help you powerfully implement STEAM.
I am excited about sharing ideas, activities and strategies I have successfully used with my own students. Everything I will share is practical, meaningful and easy to use within any program. Join me and experience the same joy of learning that your students will feel when they use their STEAM thinking to solve problems and to satisfy their own curiosity. I personally look forward to meeting you at the seminar as we share our dedication and passion of teaching our youngest students!
P.S. I promise to make this day fast-paced, idea-packed and fun-filled with practical and interactive ideas you can easily use right away in your own classroom.
Who Should Attend
Preschool, Pre-K, TK and Kindergarten Teachers; Instructional Aides, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Literacy Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive STEAM Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Timesaving STEAM integration tips every PreK-K educator should have
- Outstanding STEAM literature and music titles, ideal for PreK-K
- Step-by-step instructions, hands-on investigations, take-home books, writing prompts and templates that you can use immediately
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly scheduling ideas
- Ideas for effective parent communication, take-home activities and family nights
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their instructional program for integrating STEAM in their own PreK-K programs.
Sheri Sutterley will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your STEAM program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.