Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
PROJECT BASED LEARNING THAT WORKS!
Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Pre K and Kindergarten Program Using Project Based Learning
Presented by Angela Cameron
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Children
- Practical, doable strategies and ideas to make PROJECT-BASED LEARNING work in your Pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Sample projects, step-by-step guidance and planning tools to enhance what you already do to get you started on PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
- Project ideas that focus on one content area, combine two or more, or incorporate all – literacy, math, science, and social studies – to meet the demands of your State Standards
- Examples of projects you can use or adapt to fit the needs of your Pre-K and kindergarten students
- Ideas for new projects you can use tomorrow in your Pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with project ideas and planning tools to help you strengthen your Pre-K and kindergarten programs using PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Would you like to implement effective Project-Based Learning in your Pre-K or kindergarten classroom but feel unsure how to start? Have you tried a project but it didn’t work the way you thought it would? Have you tried Project-Based Learning in the past but are looking for new ideas that are tied to your State Standards and a more systematic process for planning and managing projects with everything else you already do? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this seminar is perfect for you!
Highly experienced early childhood teacher, Angela Cameron, has designed this one-day seminar to help you get started on or strengthen Project-Based Learning in your Pre-K or kindergarten classroom. This day will provide you with realistic, classroom-tested advice, including sample projects, step-by-step guidance, tips from an experienced practitioner, and planning tools. You will walk away with dozens of ideas to do a variety of short- and long-term projects along with the confidence to make it work. Join Angela and your colleagues for a fun, strategy-packed day just for Pre-K and kindergarten teachers interested in Project-Based Learning!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Students’ Achievement Using PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
Project-Based Learning (PBL) greatly increases young students’ participation and learning in developmentally appropriate ways while keeping up with the high standards now expected of them … Learn how you can get started using PBL or enhance what you are already doing with PBL
- Learn a Systematic Process for Planning and Managing PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
Learn the specific components required for every project and how to include each component in your project plan … From an idea, to a plan and closure – learn the process
- Using Children’s Literature in Your Projects
Receive an extensive bibliography of children’s literature … Dozens of children’s books linked directly to project ideas
- Valuable Tools to Help You Plan Projects
Discover numerous planning tools to help you plan projects – from your very first project to fully integrated projects … There are tools for everyone!
- Differentiate to Meet the Wide Range of Student Needs
Project-Based Learning naturally differentiates as each student brings their own strengths to the work … Numerous strategies that allow you to increase expectations for all students while meeting their individual needs
- Explore a Variety of Projects from All Areas: Literacy, Math, Science, and Social Studies
Some projects integrate all subject areas, some integrate two or three, and others might be singularly focused … See examples and the benefits of each
- Gain Dozens of PROJECT-BASED LEARNING Ideas You Can Use Immediately
Numerous options for projects that vary in length from a few days to several weeks, or a month or more, giving you many options to choose and adapt to do what’s best for you and your students
- Balance Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Program – PROJECT-BASED LEARNING that Works!
Many skills are best learned through whole or small group instruction … Learn how to balance your programs to include PBL where it will be most effective and efficient
- Explore the Continuum of PROJECT-BASED LEARNING and Where You Fit
Wherever you are in implementing Project-Based Learning, there is a place for you to start or expand … Starting with a singular concept, integrating one or more skills and concepts, or greater integration of all curricular areas
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook with Ready-to-Use Ideas, Projects and More
Each participant will receive a resource handbook chock-full of classroom-ready materials to make Project-Based Learning an integral part of your Pre-K and kindergarten programs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to build or strengthen Project-Based Learning in your Pre-K and kindergarten programs
- Numerous ideas for projects – short- and long-term in all areas of the curriculum
- Valuable tools to help you plan projects – from your very first project to fully integrated projects
- Dozens of children’s book titles you can use in your projects
- Explore the different Project-Based Learning models and which work best for specific purposes
- Video clips that show real kids involved in Project-Based Learning
- How to use your State Standards as the basis for your projects
- Key components and how to include each in your projects
- Numerous options for projects that vary in length from a few days, to weeks, to months
- Gain dozens of ideas for new projects you can use tomorrow in your Pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Receive an extensive resource handbook with project samples, planning and management tools and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching preschool and kindergarten has given me some of my greatest joys, as well as my biggest challenges! Each year brings a new set of eager, smiling faces to my classroom – each one with a different set of experiences. Some were read to before they were born while others have rarely, if ever, held a book or crayon in their little hands. Some walk through the doors already reading and writing while others don’t recognize their printed names. One thing they all have in common is an eagerness and expectation to learn! I know you face these same challenges wherever you teach. I have found Project-Based Learning addresses the variety of readiness levels, gets all students engaged in learning and greatly increases student achievement. I can’t wait to share what I have learned really works when implementing Project-Based Learning in Pre-K and kindergarten programs!
In this one-day seminar, I will share dozens of Project-Based Learning strategies, ideas and activities you can immediately use with your three-, four- and five-year-old students. You will discover that all the strategies meet the varying readiness levels and learning abilities in your classroom. Not only are these Project-Based Learning tools classroom-proven and research-based, but most importantly, they are fun for students and teachers. They will help you teach your State Standards in the playful ways that our students learn best. This day will be packed with easy-to-implement and ready-to-go project ideas that my students love and yours will too!
Please join me for a fast-paced, energetic, worthwhile seminar designed specifically for YOU – Pre-K and kindergarten teachers! You will walk away with a multitude of ideas that you can use immediately! Whether you are a veteran or a new teacher, EVERYONE will find new ways to use Project-Based Learning. I look forward to meeting each of you at the seminar and sharing our passion for teaching young children!
P.S. You will receive the extensive, easy-to-use resource handbook I designed just for this seminar. It is packed with ideas, strategies, planning tools, and sample projects for Project-Based Learning!
Who Should Attend
Designed Specifically for Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Children.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Numerous short- and long-term project ideas
- A bibliography of teacher resources for Project-Based Learning (PBL)
- Information on theories of PBL and how they vary
- Planning resources to help teachers plan and implement projects
- A bibliography of children’s books to use within various projects
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in Project-Based Learning to enhance their Pre-K and kindergarten program.
Angela Cameron will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your Pre-K and kindergarten program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.