Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increasing the Success of Your Pre-K
Specifically Designed for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Math Coaches, Interventionists, Title 1 Staff, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Practical, high-impact math strategies to build enjoyment, confidence and a solid conceptual foundation in your Pre-K and Kindergarten students to support their future success in math
- Innovative, timesaving teaching strategies to help strengthen ALL your students’ math skills—no matter what their current developmental level
- A wealth of practical and creative PK-K math activities and resources that are easy to implement the very next day in your program to accelerate students’ math skills
- What matters the most in foundational math instruction – research-based strategies that can be easily incorporated into your practice
- An extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative strategies to promote your students’ math skills
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Pre-K and Kindergarten are rich developmental times for our students to begin exploring, discovering, and unlocking their skills as mathematicians. As educators, we have great potential to make a significant positive impact on our students’ attitudes, confidence and understanding of key mathematical concepts. In this outstanding seminar, Sherri Adler will share a wealth of ideas and strategies to help you build a solid foundation for your PK-K students—one that will support their future mathematical success for years to come.
The ideas Sherri presents can be easily incorporated into any school or classroom. Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with strategies and activities that can be immediately implemented in your own Pre-K or Kindergarten program. You won’t want to miss this fast-paced, idea-packed day, with math teacher extraordinaire Sherri Adler, to help you maximize your students’ enjoyment and learning of math during this critical phase in their development.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn the Specific Skills All Pre-K and Kindergarten Students Need Right Now for Future Success in Math
Identify the foundational skills your students need to master, which will best prepare ALL your students for future success in mathematics
- Learn Why Some Math Skills are More Difficult to Master than Others
Powerful, practical strategies for overcoming PK-K students’ natural tendency to struggle with specific and yet vital math concepts … Discover the reasons why students struggle with certain math concepts and how you can help
- Unlock the Power of Learning Trajectories
Boost the effectiveness of your PK-K math program through the development of powerful, easy-to-develop learning trajectories
- Learn Proven Ways to Promote Mathematical Reasoning
Add powerful, child-centered strategies and activities to your repertoire that enable students to make meaningful connections with their own mathematical experiences
- Nurture Your Students’ Natural Curiosity While Building Strong Math Skills
Boost students’ understanding of foundational math skills while discovering a wealth of ideas for creating a rich and engaging learning environment
- Increase the Development of Your Students’ Number Sense
Learn numerous developmentally appropriate activities to increase students’ true understanding of numbers and lay the foundation for future math concept learning
- Utilize Age Appropriate Math Vocabulary in Fun and Effective Ways
Expand your instructional technique toolkit to help students correctly use and understand key math terms
- Discover Timesaving Math Workstations
Learn powerful ways to boost students’ understanding, growth and development through easy-to-implement, effective math workstations
- Differentiated, Teacher-Tested Strategies
Learn practical and timesaving ways to modify and differentiate your instruction to meet the diverse needs of all your students
- Achieve Greater Success with ALL Your PK-K Math Students
Leave with a wealth of ideas that will strengthen the math abilities of ALL the PK-K students with whom you work. Receive an extensive math resource handbook filled with the best strategies for building foundational math skills right now in order to support your students’ future success as mathematicians
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- New, effective ways to use your current curriculum and materials to support your PK-K students
- Dozens of valuable strategies and techniques to motivate, engage and positively influence your PK-K students to learn math
- Creative, innovative ways to review, reteach and help students master foundational math concepts
- Learn to transform your centers into powerful student learning tools
- Manageable, highly effective and fun ways to meet the math goals of your students
- Numerous, hands-on activities to engage and excite your math students
- Proven, practical, age-appropriate activities to help your students demonstrate their knowledge through discovery and play
- Learn ways to incorporate gross and fine motor practice in teaching students measurement
- Proven, classroom-tested methods to teach students to discriminate between types of measurement
- Numerous ways to integrate high-level patterning in your instruction to enable future success with Algebra
- Dozens of ideas to make math a high-interest, motivating and engaging subject for your PK-K students
- Specific, innovative and frustration-free techniques to manage using manipulatives effectively with your students
- Ways to integrate game-based activities that enable purposeful math learning that is fun!
- Many ideas to establish and build a positive, learning-rich math culture
- Outstanding, timesaving and space-saving ways to manage your centers and manipulatives
- Learn the specific math concept phases PK-K students progress through on their way to mastery
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As Pre-K and kindergarten teachers, we face the increasing challenges of helping our students build the critical foundational skills that they will need to master for their future mathematical success. Our students come to us with widely divergent experiences and skills, so it makes our work even more complex. It is vital that we start building solid number sense and problem-solving skills at this young age, to ensure future educational success.
Please join me for an energizing, hands-on day full of fun, laughter and learning. I will share numerous ideas that you will be able to use immediately in your classroom. I’ll provide you with a vast amount of activities that are developmentally appropriate for your students. I’ll share what will seem like an unlimited supply of resources and strategies you can use the very next day in your own classroom.
Join me for an exciting and fast-paced day, from which you will leave with multiple ways to enthusiastically engage your students to find their love of math. Most importantly, my hope is that you will feel encouraged, empowered and invigorated to use many of the timesaving, classroom-proven ideas and resources I will share to build strong foundational math skills in your students.
Just a few of the ideas that I will share include:
- Practical and creative ways to build subitizing
- Developmentally appropriate assessment strategies
- Motivating ways to teach patterning that will become the pathway to algebra
- Integrating literature into your math class
Please join me for a fast-paced, hands-on day of learning, full of numerous ways you can help build a solid foundation for your PK-K math students—a foundation that will help them enjoy math and experience success!
P.S. I promise—you will see why my students’ favorite subject is math, and how you can help your students feel the same way!
Who Should Attend
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Math Coaches, Interventionists, Title 1 Staff, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Easy-to-implement ideas for strengthening all your students’ skills in math
- Ready-to-use activities and handouts that are developmentally appropriate for grades PK-K
- Innovative, timesaving ideas to use immediately in your own classroom
- Practical strategies for increasing students’ confidence and enjoyment in math while developing a strong foundation of skills
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in building a strong math foundation for their PK-K math students.
Sherri Adler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.