Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
101 Best Strategies to Strengthen
Designed for Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Students: Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Increase all your students’ learning and success with over 101 STRATEGIES AND IDEAS perfect for helping your preschool or kindergarten students
- Ready-to-use, classroom-proven work stations to scaffold students and increase independent learning
- Dozens of listening, speaking, reading, and writing strategies and activities that will strengthen your students’ literacy skills
- Timesaving ideas for expanding your repertoire and refining routines to make your workload more manageable while increasing the responsibility of your young students
- Numerous ideas to increase math skills such as number sense, counting and basic operations
- Receive an extensive resource handbook with the best-of-the-best strategies, activities, ideas, and literature suggestions for mini lessons you can use immediately in your preschool and kindergarten classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What could be better than a day spent learning over 101 ideas and strategies designed just for your preschool or kindergarten classroom? This NEW seminar is designed to do just that! Carolyn McMahon has organized and created a day filled with practical, hands-on, minds-on, ready-to-go strategies for use in all areas – reading, writing, listening, speaking, math, social studies, and science. You will leave with practical and skill-based strategies to help all your preschool and kindergarten students become engaged in learning wherever they are in their development. Most importantly, the strategies, ideas and activities can be easily adapted to meet your students’ needs and require minimum preparation time and provide maximum learning for all your students.
Whether you are new to teaching or an experienced educator, you will take home a wealth of new ideas you can immediately use in your classroom to help your students achieve success and confidence in learning!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- 101 Practical, Ready-to-Use Strategies Just for Preschool and Kindergarten Classrooms
Discover over 101 strategies and ideas you can immediately use with your preschoolers and kindergartners to develop their skills in all areas of the curriculum … Strategies that take little time to plan and are highly effective and motivating
- Jump-Start Young Students into Reading and Writing
Tons of ideas to accelerate your students’ reading and writing readiness and take them to their next level … How thinking, listening, speaking, reading, and writing can be addressed in many ways throughout your day
- Hands-On Math Activities for Counting, Number Sense and Basic Operations
Work stations, mini-lessons, poems, literature, and more! Dozens of ways to help students develop and advance their math skills
- Easy, Ready-to-Use Work Stations to Increase Independent Learning and Scaffold Your Young Learners
Ready-to-use, skill-based work stations to use throughout the year that will engage your students … Easy-to-make and manage center ideas for all areas of the curriculum, perfect for preschool and kindergarten classrooms
- Meet the Needs of All Your Students with Developmentally Appropriate Practices and Strategies
Meet the diverse learning styles and needs of your students with innovative activities and strategies … Learn how to help all your students make progress and learn wherever they are in their development
- Sensational and Seasonal Poetry and Songs to Teach Essential Skills
Ready-to-use, quick and easy mini-lessons using familiar as well as new finger plays, songs and popular poems
- Ideas to Increase Students’ Time on Task
How to help your students re-focus and re-energize when they struggle to stay on task … Our youngest students need to MOVE! Ideas to teach them how to get back to work quickly and easily
- Strategies to Differentiate Instruction
Learn reading, writing, speaking, and listening strategies that can be adapted for your students’ specific learning needs and can be used in whole or small group instruction
- Make-and-Take Books to Provide Authentic Purposes for Writing
Showcase and provide authentic writing purposes with several clever and quick foldable books to highlight special writing projects that enable children to walk away with a readable product from a work station, small group or a large group instruction
- 101 Ideas and Strategies in an Extensive Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with classroom-ready materials to help you immediately implement all ideas into your preschool and kindergarten classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 highly effective strategies and ideas to help your students develop the key skills they need for a successful start in preschool and kindergarten
- Ways to accelerate your students’ reading and writing readiness and take them to their next level
- Dozens of work station ideas, strategies and tips you can use immediately in your preschool and kindergarten classroom
- Expand your repertoire and develop classroom routines to make your job easier
- Numerous literacy mini-lessons you can begin using tomorrow
- How to develop and increase math skills such as number sense, counting and basic operations
- New and classic children’s literature titles you can use to engage your students in reading and writing lessons
- Numerous, practical strategies to help your students achieve and exceed your state standards
- Make-and-take books your students can create to publish and celebrate their work
- Student-proven strategies to scaffold your students as they develop key skills and independence
- Numerous ideas to cross the curriculum in science, social studies and math throughout your day
- Ways to promote reading, writing, listening, and speaking through easy-to-use and relevant mini-lessons
- How to assess and evaluate using simple techniques and responses, both oral and written
- How to create and use inexpensive classroom materials to motivate your students
- Ideas to encourage independent learning using centers to support the skills and concepts you teach
- Easy-to-make materials perfect for work stations or learning centers to support and enhance your teaching and motivate young students
- 101 practical, hands-on strategies, ideas and demonstrations to help you strengthen your current preschool or kindergarten program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching our preschool and kindergarten students is simply HARD WORK! There are so many things to do and teach each and every day … and so little time. As a teacher myself, I know that each day is carefully planned to use the best practices of teaching and the best lessons designed to make every moment in the classroom count.
Join me for a day that I’ve designed specifically for pre-K and kindergarten teachers! I’ll move seamlessly across the content areas of reading, language arts, math, social studies, and science as I model 101 strategies for you to pick and choose from. Having taught throughout the country, I know that these strategies are valid, teacher tested and will address familiar standards and objectives.
Here is a sampler of our day together:
- Modeled lessons that will have a positive impact on your classroom teaching
- New and classic read-aloud titles that are perfect for helping your young learners participate through listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Ready-to-go work stations to move students toward independence
- Fabulous finger plays that teach literacy, math and social skills
- Simple songs sung to familiar tunes that teach memory skills in math, science and social studies
- Quick-start lessons that teach a specific skill quickly, efficiently and thoroughly with little preparation
Join me for a fast-paced day filled with strategies and activities you can truly use in your classroom. Come ready to sing, dance, move, and share a day packed with fun, laughter, smiles, and ready-to-use ideas!
Who Should Attend
Educators Working With Preschool and Kindergarten Children: Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-print-and-use activities for pre-K and kindergarten work stations
- Several make-and-take book creations for successful writing with the youngest learners
- Songs, poems and movement activities that teach and encourage learning
- Brain Breaks! Proven methods to add to daily classroom living to get your students moving and enhance successful learning
- Booklists for every season of the year! New and classic titles that are perfect for reading and writing activities in the pre-K and kindergarten classroom
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strategies to strengthen their students’ learning and enhance their pre-K and kindergarten programs.
Carolyn McMahon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own pre-K and kindergarten programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.