Guiding Pre-K and Kindergarten Students to Better Behavior and Increased Learning
Presented by Deborah Hazelton
Specifically Designed for Pre-K Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators working with Young Children
- Powerful practices to capture the attention of your students and maintain focus on learning
- Practical ideas to more easily guide your students toward better behavior
- Increase learning and engagement for your Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Receive an extensive resource handbook full of practical strategies for your Pre-K and Kindergarten Classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The school readiness gap is real and expanding. Young children in Pre-K and Kindergarten don’t always come to us ready to learn. Yet, we meet them as they are and begin to teach them to “do school” as they become introduced to so many new academic and social routines, skills and information. How do we balance all this new learning while also helping our students develop or maintain their natural inquisitiveness and desire to learn? Classrooms excel when they come alive with opportunities to practice learning in all disciplines while simultaneously guiding young children to better behavior and higher levels of learning. By attending this NEW seminar, you will learn how to better guide your students into more learning and better behavior, resulting in new levels of engagement and genuine participation.
In this fast-paced one-day seminar, you will learn innovative tips and ideas for creating a more streamlined early learning experience where the need for standard discipline is significantly minimized, leaving you with a feeling of rediscovering the joy in teaching. Plan to leave this seminar inspired by Deborah’s success stories and her wonderful sense of humor to keep it all in perspective. Join your colleagues and Deborah Hazelton in a day filled with dozens of practical strategies to help your Pre-K and Kindergarten students reach higher levels of engagement, better behavior, and increased learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Promote On-Task Behavior
Promote more on-task behavior with practical and realistic strategies that help students’ focus their attention on the right things during class
- Use Your Students’ Natural Curiosity to Enhance Active Participation
Help students find their positive voice and learn how to direct and guide them down the path of higher levels of participation … Watch your lessons result in more interest and higher engagement
- Foster Greater Success with Ideas to Lead Students to Better Behavior
Setting up better opportunities for learning with and from peers will show measurable results with young children … Learn tips and practical strategies you can use immediately to promote better behavior and improve learning and engagement
- Increase Your Students’ Focused Attention with an Easy-to-Implement Teaching Strategies
Encourage your young students to maintain their focus … Prevent unnecessary distractions
- Guide Students to Higher Levels of Engagement
Learn classroom-tested methods and multimedia resources to increase your Pre-K and Kindergarten students’ interest in learning
- Explore Engaging Hands-on Learning Ideas
Young children discover elements of content easier and faster with hands-on activities … Help your students learn better and retain content better through innovative ideas for guiding discovery learning
- How to Guide Your Students Toward a Growth Mindset
Discover creative ways to help your young learners overcome the challenge of learning small and large motor skills … Enhance this critical early learning skill while developing the early stages of a growth mindset
- Decrease the Need for Student Discipline
Learn classroom-tested effective ways to significantly decrease the need for reactive discipline with Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Enhance Your Classroom to Incorporate More Play into Your Day
Incorporating opportunities for play into your students’ day will lead to better behavior and focus … Learn several effective ways to add play to your curriculum to create opportunities for guiding more appropriate behavior and increase learning
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with practical ideas and strategies you can use immediately to guide your Pre-K and Kindergarten students to higher levels of engagement, better behavior, and increased learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Explore hands-on learning for a higher level of engagement with young learners
- How to start independent inquiry with young learning using Research Bags
- Help your students overcome the challenge of developing small and large motor skills
- Learn how to build better routines for a more predictable environment
- High-interest content lessons that promote high levels of engagement
- How to utilize SCAMPER as a tool to help students generate ideas and develop creativity
- Plan a group investigation model of teaching leading to higher levels of student-centered learning
- Implement a strategy of scholarly behaviors to guide more learning and reduce discipline issues
- Discover the research facts about play and it’s importance in the classroom
- Practical strategies to set students up for greater early success
- Tap into student curiosity by using hot topics of interest
- How to hook students into more focused learning
- Think about ways to enhance your learning environment
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have a deep passion for teaching early learning and making the classroom come alive with activity, language, number sense, self-management, and social skill development. My seminar is based on practical classroom-tested knowledge drawn from my many years of experience teaching young children in Pre-K and Kindergarten combined with proven research in the field of Early Childhood Education. I am dedicated to the idea of guiding young students to their greatest possible potential!
Expectations have changed dramatically for beginning learners over time and so many academic skills have found their way into our Pre-K and Kindergarten programs. I am committed to the idea that this movement does not diminish the importance of play, conversation, time to explore, and discovery learning. In this seminar, I will share my many tried and true ideas on how to integrate the disciplines of reading, writing, mathematics, social studies and science in a way that creates a learning environment with minimal behavioral disruptions and much higher levels of student participation and engagement in learning. I want to share with you the best practices and ideas to guide your students toward school success.
In this unique one-day seminar, I have selected the practices and strategies that have worked for me and many peers in the field of Pre-K and Kindergarten. These classroom-tested methods will help you improve the important foundational school experience for your students. Everything that I will share will be practical, meaningful and easy to weave into your current program. Spend a day with me and get energized to try new ideas tomorrow! My greatest joy is being able to give back to fellow educators, the ideas that have worked for me. You are so special because you build the foundation for the children of tomorrow. I’m looking forward to meeting you.
P.S. The emphasis of this seminar will be on practical and proven strategies that will help you guide your Pre-K and Kindergarten students to better engagement and increased learning!
Who Should Attend
Pre-K Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators working with Young Children
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Activities to use to build thinking skills whether working in-person or online
- List of easy centers to spark interest
- Hands-on activities in math, and science perfect for Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Early motor skill development activities
- Discover new lessons to spark interest and develop creative minds!
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in guiding Pre-K and Kindergarten students to better behavior and increased learning.
Deborah Hazelton will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.