Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Developing Strong Foundational Skills: Help Your Early Learners Experience Greater Success (Preschool-Kindergarten)
Presented by Sheri Sutterley
Specifically Designed for Preschool, Pre-K, TK, and Kindergarten Teachers; Instructional Aides, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Literacy Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical, timesaving strategies to increase the impact of your instruction and program – develop the vital foundational skills your young learners need most
- Child-tested, use-tomorrow strategies and activities designed to maximize the success of your early learners, now and in their future
- Outstanding ways to strengthen early learners’ foundational literacy skills, develop strong gross and fine motor skills, enhance creativity, critical thinking, and more!
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical strategies and activities that you can use the very next day
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Today, more than ever, our youngest students are expected to read, write and demonstrate more advanced academic proficiencies at a very early age. But how can we best equip our students with a solid foundation on which to build their academic skills? And how can we best ensure our program and lessons are child-centered and developmentally appropriate, while meeting the needs of our young learners?
Join outstanding Preschool and Kindergarten teacher, SHERI SUTTERLEY, for a day filled with practical, hands-on, timesaving ideas for building the vital foundational skills your Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten children need. All the strategies and ideas Sheri presents are doable, child-tested and designed to help you maximize the impact of your instructional practices. Be prepared to interact in lively activities, investigations and discussions, and experience the same joy of learning that your learners will feel when they step into your amazing classroom.
You won’t want to miss this unique and fast-paced day, filled with dozens of ways to help you develop vital foundational skills for maximizing the success of your young learners – now and in their future.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Develop a Strong Foundation in Your Early Learners to Maximize Their Success
Learn powerful strategies you can use to develop a strong foundation for your early learners – both now and in their future … Discover essential, child-tested, practical ways to maximize success
- Build Strong Foundational Early Literacy Skills
Incorporate dozens of innovative ideas including literacy techniques, literature, puppets, music, sensory tubs, prereading, reading strategies, and more! … Time-efficient ways to build the early literacy foundation your early learners need
- Age-Appropriate Activities That Elevate Creativity and Build Confidence
Foster curiosity and belief that they can “do it!” … Receive tools you need to empower your students to get an early start on becoming independent learners who are willing to be creative and have the confidence to take risks
- Build a Strong Language Foundation to Maximize Young Learners’ Success
Gain vocabulary and oral language strategies perfect for building and accelerating young learners’ language skills … Fun, engaging lessons that develop conversational, language and vocabulary skills amidst your daily routine
- Enhance the Impact of Your Whole Group Lessons
Teaching whole group can be an efficient and very effective way to get students started on a skill or concept … Discover essential ways to make the very most of your whole group time
- Set the Stage for Early Learners to LOVE and Succeed at Reading
Explore numerous “best of” book, poetry and music selections perfect for whole and small group lessons … Engage and develop confident readers with strategies that link what they sing and chant to what they read
- Motivate and Engage Young Children in the Joy of Learning
Discover highly effective strategies that not only help accelerate student learning and close the readiness gap, but also increase motivation and joy for learning
- Use What You Already Have in the Space That You Have
Developing vital foundational skills need not mean making an extensive and expensive shopping list … Find out how you can make best use of and the greatest impact with the materials already on hand in your classroom or school
- Involve Parents in Strengthening Key Foundational Skills
Proven ways to engage parents in making a greater impact … Explore the best practical, proven, timesaving ideas for leveraging parents to support their young learners’ success
- Ideas, Ideas, More Ideas, AND an Extensive Resource Handbook!
Receive an extensive resource handbook specially designed for this seminar and filled with practical strategies, techniques, activities, and resources you can use the very next day to develop a strong foundation for your young learners
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, time-efficient strategies you can use immediately to build a strong foundation for your early learners
- Meaningful activities that promote language development, prereading, prewriting and oral language skills
- Activities that build greater independence of your early learners throughout the day
- Hands-on ways to develop vital gross and fine motor skills and promote creativity and curiosity
- Whole group and centers activities to strengthen critical thinking skills in your students
- Effective strategies for using literature, poetry and song to build strong listening, speaking and language skills in your young learners
- High impact Preschool to Kindergarten tips, tricks and shortcuts to enhance your instruction while helping your learners consistently perform their best
- A wealth of low / no-cost ideas and ready-to-use tools to enhance your instruction and your learners’ foundational skills
- Practical strategies that easily integrate with any curriculum and your current program
- Outstanding, time-efficient lesson planning strategies and activities to support and accelerate early learning
- Powerful ways to strengthen early literacy skills while “fitting it all in”
- How to create a child-centered learning environment that is developmentally appropriate for Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten students
- How to make the most of what you already have on hand in your classroom and program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Thank you for your commitment, enthusiasm and joyful energy for teaching our youngest learners. As Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten teachers, we are in a demanding and challenging environment each and every day. Over my forty years of teaching, I have seen the academic expectations of our learners change dramatically. Keeping the focus on our early learners, while equipping them with the foundational skills they need to be successful is not an easy challenge for us.
I have designed this seminar specifically to help you to develop a strong foundation in your early learners to set the stage for their success – now and in the future. In our day together, we will explore outstanding, timesaving ways you can best integrate the vital instructional approaches your Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten children need most. I want to provide you with the best, most current ideas and resources for powerfully supporting your students’ success, while meeting the developmental, emotional and social needs of your young learners.
I am excited to share with you the ideas, activities and strategies I have found most successful with my own early learners. Everything I present is practical, meaningful and easy to use within any program and with any curricula. Join me and experience the same joy of learning that your learners will feel when they step into your amazing classroom. I personally look forward to meeting you at the seminar as we share our dedication and passion for teaching our youngest students!
Let’s work together!
P.S. You will also receive my extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas you can use with your young learners the very next day!
Who Should Attend
Preschool, Pre-K, TK, and Kindergarten Teachers; Instructional Aides, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Literacy Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Time-efficient, best practices for developing the foundational skills that Preschool to Kindergarten children need most – now and throughout their education
- Approaches for incorporating literature, poetry, movement and song activities into your daily routine to build and strengthen children’s foundational skills
- Timesaving ways to better communicate with and engage parents in helping their children succeed
- Practical strategies for developing gross and fine motor skills, promoting purposeful play-based learning, and blossoming students’ language development skills
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other Preschool to Kindergarten educators interested in developing a strong foundation to maximize the success of early learners
Sheri Sutterley will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own grades Preschool, PreK or Kindergarten program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.