Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase All Your Students' Learning with Practical, Timesaving Work Stations that Work! (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
Presented by Carolyn McMahon
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Children: Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Practical, timesaving strategies to plan, organize and manage literacy and math work stations for your pre-k and kindergarten students
- Specific ideas to differentiate your reading, writing, listening, and math work stations to meet the wide range of readiness and learning levels of your pre-k and kindergarten students
- Dozens of new ideas for work stations that are easy-to-prepare, use low- to no-cost materials and save classroom space
- Receive an extensive resource handbook which includes best strategies, activities, ideas, and literature selections you can use immediately in your pre-k or kindergarten literacy and math work stations
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do your standards in literacy and math mean for our pre-k and kindergarten classrooms? This seminar is specifically designed to address this question with practical and doable work stations you can use immediately with your preschool and kindergarten students! Carolyn McMahon has organized and created a day filled with interactive, hands-on and minds-on lessons, work stations and resources in literacy and math.
You will leave with dozens of ideas to help all your preschool and kindergarten students become engaged in purposeful practice of the key skills and concepts necessary to prepare them for your standards. Most importantly, all of the strategies and work station ideas are easily adaptable to what you currently have in place and require minimal preparation time and materials!
You won’t want to miss this unique and fast-paced day filled with dozens of ways you can teach and help your preschool or kindergarten students prepare for greater school success using purposeful work stations.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Literacy and Math Work Stations to Prepare Your Preschool and Kindergarten Students for School Success
Practical and doable work station ideas and activities to maximize students’ time on task as they practice literacy and math skills … Easy and ready-to-use ideas for work stations
- Learn the Key Differences Between Centers and Work Stations and Why it Matters
Literacy and math centers are not the same as work stations … Discover why work stations are ideal for young learners and how to make the change so students get the most out of each station
- How to Create Work Stations that Scaffold Students for Greater Independence
Discover how to work smarter, not harder, with work stations! Easy ways to set up work stations that students can manage on their own … Numerous ideas for starting, rotating, cleaning up, and student accountability … Specific tips for observing and assessing students
- Use What You Already Have in the Space You Have
No need to reinvent everything you do … Find out how you can use the materials you already have in your current space … Managing and organizing work stations for the greatest impact
- Work Stations that Provide Practice of the Reading Foundational Skills
Numerous work station ideas for concepts of print, phonemic awareness, phonics, word recognition, and fluency … Outstanding strategies that will provide students the purposeful practice of the key foundational skills
- Practical Activities for Your Math Standards
Discover unique ideas and activities that will actively engage your students in the math skills and concepts in your math standards … All ideas are easily adaptable to your math program
- Literacy Work Stations that Engage Young Students in Informational Text and Familiar Stories
Use work stations to practice the retelling of key ideas and details of informational text, stories and poems … Work stations can easily be a follow-up reinforcement to your large group lessons
- Use Work Stations to Focus on Early Writing Skills
Learn how to incorporate drawing and writing work stations to establish a purpose and audience for writing … Developmentally appropriate ideas for your young writers
- Create Work Stations Where Students Practice with Purpose
Match your work stations with specific math objectives to greatly increase your pre-k and kindergarten students’ practice time on skill-building tasks … Dozens of work station ideas for literacy and math
- Differentiation Ideas to Meet Students at Their Levels
Specific ideas to differentiate your reading, writing, listening, and math work stations to meet the wide range of readiness and learning levels of your pre-k and kindergarten students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to use work stations to prepare your pre-k and kindergarten students for success in literacy and math
- Strategies to build independent learning through work stations
- Quality children’s literature and informational text ideas perfect for pre-k and kindergarten
- How to create work stations for math strands that will have students practicing the math skills and concepts they need, at their levels
- Easy strategies for observing and assessing students at work in stations
- Easy ways to set up work stations that help students practice reading foundational skills
- How to use what you already have in the space you have
- Work stations vs. centers and why it matters
- How to design interactive work stations to expose your students to a wider range of reading and text complexity
- What to do with students who finish tasks fast
- Practical strategies for creating work stations that provide intentional practice with purpose
- Creative work station activities perfect for young learners to encourage them to learn through independent practice
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching our young learners is already challenging work and preparing them to meet your standards has added yet another task to our plate. How can we do it all without spending hours planning, collecting materials and organizing? As a teacher myself, I know how hard you already work! I have planned this day to help you work smarter, not harder, through the use of meaningful work stations.
Join your colleagues and me for a day filled with practical, ready-to-use literacy and math work stations to help you seamlessly incorporate your standards. I will model how you can easily create work stations, using much of what you already have on hand, that will engage students in the purposeful practice of the skills and concepts most important to becoming readers, writers and mathematicians!
Here is a sample of what you will learn:
- Easy ways to set up work stations that help students practice the reading foundational skills
- Math work station ideas to help your young students learn number sense and math concepts
- Quality children’s literature and informational text to connect to your instruction
- How to differentiate work stations to meet the wide range of readiness levels in your classroom
- Demonstrations of games and work stations to keep students moving and learning in engaging and motivating ways
I can’t wait to share with you what I have found works best with our preschoolers and kindergartners! Come ready to sing, dance, move, and share a day packed with not only innovative work station ideas, but also a renewed inspiration for teaching!
P.S. You will also receive my extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas, strategies and lessons you can use immediately!
Who Should Attend
Educators Working with Preschool and Kindergarten Children: Preschool and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed directions for setting up dozens of work stations
- Multiple evaluation techniques for work stations
- Quality literature titles featured for specific work stations across the kindergarten/preschool curriculum
- Exploration stations: a quick station, minimal materials, maximum learning!
- Dozens of visual examples to help teachers get started using work stations
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in timesaving work stations to enhance their pre-k and kindergarten programs.
Carolyn McMahon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own pre-k and kindergarten programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.