Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Innovative Games, Movement Experiences and Resources forEnhancing Your PE PROGRAM (Grades K-8)
Presented by Pete Charrette
Specifically Designed for Physical Education Teachers and Specialists Working with Students in Grades K-8
- Innovative and engaging activities, games and movement experiences that will enhance your K-8 physical education program
- Practical strategies for optimal instruction, classroom management and student assessment in all your PE classes
- Effective methods that align with local, state and national PE standards
- Cutting-edge ideas and resources for incorporating motor skills, locomotor movement and fitness into your lessons
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join award-winning physical education teacher, national presenter and creator of Cap'n Pete's Power PE, Pete Charette for a NEW and engaging seminar that combines many cutting-edge movement experiences with practical strategies, ideas and solutions to develop and maintain a positive K-8 physical education program that stands out from the crowd!
During this highly practical seminar, you will learn and participate in many fun, energy-boosting fitness and skill-based activities that align with the SHAPE America National Standards and Grade Level Outcomes. The activity portion of the seminar will include fitness-based games, manipulative-skill development, locomotor movement and participant discussion. The activities are non-conventional and fun, giving students new ways to enjoy movement which will ultimately serve as a catalyst for them to lead lifelong, healthy and active lifestyles.
In addition to the hands-on movement component of the seminar, Pete will present practical techniques for effectively establishing class routines, managing and accessing large groups and implementing fun and effective PE lessons. All participants will leave with an extensive physical education resource handbook filled with practical resources.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Student Engagement in Your PE Program
Learn cutting-edge fitness, manipulative-skill and locomotor movement activities and games that your students will love to do … All movement experiences are referenced with National Standards and Grade Level Outcome standards
- Enhance Student Fitness
Discover a wide variety of fitness-based activities that are personally challenging but non-competitive in nature … Your students will look forward to moving their bodies with non-traditional movement-based fitness experiences that are FUN and easy to implement
- Foster Success for All Students
Make your PE curriculum stronger by providing activities, circuits and stations with multiple levels and large and small-group games that involve multi-faceted tasks
- Optimize Your Instruction and Classroom Management
Integrate new, effective strategies into your PE program that will help your lessons run smoothly and provide you with tools to handle the unique situations that occur in PE classes
- Gain a Variety of New and Effective Methods for Assessment
Receive a variety of easy-to-implement formative and summative assessment techniques that you can use in your PE program regardless of your class size
- Incorporate More Manipulative Skills and Locomotor Movement into Your Program
Enhance your repertoire of teaching styles and grouping methods which will give ALL your students the ability to learn at their own pace and with multiple movement experiences
- Align Your Physical Education Program with the National PE Standards and Grade Level Outcomes
Become familiar with the 5 SHAPE America National Standards and see how the Grade Level Outcomes can be used to enhance your physical education curriculum
- Give Your Students Unique Movement Experiences that Connect with Other Academic Subjects
Learn a variety of new fitness activities that naturally incorporate key concepts from other academic subjects while students are simultaneously moving their bodies in intense activity-mode
- Increase Students' Social-Emotional Learning
Increase your students' social-emotional learning by utilizing self-guided and peer challenges
- Receive a Comprehensive PE Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive PE instruction resource handbook that includes detailed instructions for all the activities presented during the seminar in addition to extensive additional resources for enhancing your existing PE Program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative and engaging fitness, manipulative-skill and locomotor movement activities for grades K-8
- Proven strategies for differentiating PE instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Practical assessment methods that can be used with large and small groups of physical education students
- Creative ways to use impactful visual resources in the PE environment
- Easy-to-implement instant activities and quick movers to begin each PE lesson
- Engaging movement experiences that focus on students' social-emotional learning with an emphasis on respect and personal responsibility
- Highly effective strategies for quality physical education instruction and classroom management
- Large group games with a focus on movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics
- Small group, breakout and lead-up games that provide multiple opportunities for PE skill-development
- Circuit and/or station learning tasks to develop competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns
- Creative and effective methods for advocating physical education inside and outside the school setting
- Innovative techniques to engage your students and make valuable connections that will ultimately increase their learning
- Curriculum connections to academic subjects through natural and purposeful movement
- An increased knowledge of the SHAPE America National Standards and Grade Level Outcomes and how they relate to your state standards
- Effective and practical methods for planning PE lessons and physical education units of study
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I would like to cordially invite you to come and spend the day with me and experience an engaging, interactive day of learning that will give you the skills and knowledge to take your physical education program to the next level. I have a deep passion for physical education, and it is important to me that I either spark a new passion in you or rekindle the passion you once had. This passion will ultimately reflect in your teaching and be passed on to your students!
My goal as a presenter is to provide you with the information, tools and resources to establish and maintain a physical education program of excellence. Throughout the seminar I will showcase developmentally appropriate, engaging movement experiences and provide tried and true instructional strategies that can help you become a better teacher. I will focus on purposeful and creative instruction that develops and improves students' personal fitness, motor skills, social interaction, and appreciation for movement.
Whenever I plan a lesson or design an activity or visual, I think back to my childhood and remember the things that were interesting, important and relevant to me. I use this filter when I create, plan, instruct and assess my students. I am hopeful you will see this reflected in this next level seminar with the wide variety of activities you'll be able use immediately in your own PE instruction.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. You will receive a comprehensive handbook written specifically for this seminar. You will also receive FREE digital download links for some of my most popular activity and visual designs.
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Teachers and Specialists Working with Students in Grades K-8
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive PE Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive PE resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Instant activities, quick movers and breakout games you can use immediately to start each of your PE lessons off strong
- Innovative and engaging fitness, manipulative skill and locomotor movement activities and games with detailed descriptions and instructions for grades K-8
- Helpful ideas and strategies for quality instruction and assessment that will meet the needs of all your students
- Proven techniques to engage your students and make valuable connections that will increase their ability to learn
- Lists and links to quality and relevant physical education resources and information
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their PE program.
Pete will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own PE program.
Come Dressed to Participate
Through this seminar you'll have numerous opportunities to experience many of the activities and strategies firsthand. Participants are encouraged to come dressed to fully participate.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.