Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Using Guided Math to Help Students Meet and Exceed Math Standards
Presented by Amy Stark
Specifically Designed for Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Exciting and innovative activities to enhance and strengthen your guided math instruction to meet and exceed math standards
- Practical and manageable ways to engage your entire class – from your struggling students to your most capable students
- Receive an extensive math resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative advanced guided math teaching strategies, center ideas and manageable activities to promote your students' math skills
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you using guided math groups in your classroom and looking for ways to expand your repertoire of ideas and activities? Would you like new, fresh, advanced ways to utilize guided math to meet and exceed math standards for grades K-5? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this outstanding seminar has been designed for you.
Amy Stark will explain the benefits of using guided math groups to reach all levels of students and provide you with numerous, advanced ideas to incorporate math standards into your K-5 classrooms. Many classroom-tested techniques will be presented that incorporate math standards with your present math curriculum within a guided math program. The ideas Amy presents can be easily incorporated into any classroom.
Join Amy for a fast-paced, idea-packed day of guided math ideas. Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with strategies and activities that can be immediately implemented in your own K-5 classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Take Your Current Guided Math Instruction to a New, More Advanced Level
Target the diverse needs of your students using varied instructional strategies including whole and small group instruction, math workshops, conferences, and assessments
- Enhance Your Current Guided Math Instruction with New Teacher-Tested Activities
Discover classroom-proven techniques and valuable tools to implement math standards with your small guided math groups
- Learn New Ways to Organize and Manage Guided Math Groups
Discover timesaving, new ideas for organizing a guided math classroom that allows you to work with small, skill-focused groups, while other students are actively involved in relevant, independent activities
- Increase Your Students' Math Proficiency and Key Math Skills
Boost students' understanding of math skills and discover powerful, advanced strategies for implementing small, flexible, guided math instructional groups, and math centers that will build and reinforce your students' math skills
- Decrease Math Anxiety and Increase Student Success in Math
Add differentiated, creative activities to your teaching repertoire ... Ignite your students' natural curiosity and reinforce their ability to succeed in math using more advanced guided math strategies
- Utilize iPad® Technology as an Additional Tool Within Your Guided Math Instruction
Differentiate math instruction and increase your students' understanding of math concepts using engaging apps in your guided math instruction
- Discover Ways to Mathematically Engage and Challenge all Students
Gain a wealth of classroom-tested techniques specifically designed to reach a diverse student population
- Extend Your Students' Mathematical Literacy
Learn how writing and speaking in mathematics extends thinking, deepens understanding, enhances mathematical communication, and increases your students' understanding and use of key math skills and concepts
- Discover More Advanced Ways to Review and Re-Teach Math Concepts
Learn multiple ways to reinforce the skills you have taught during whole group instruction ... Receive a wealth of ideas to extend your students' learning and strengthen their mathematical understanding during guided math time
- NEW, More Advanced Math Center Ideas
Explore numerous ideas for creating more advanced math centers that include math standards ... Step-by-step instructions on how to create and manage math centers so students are on-task and you are free to work with small skill-focused guided math groups
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven, current strategies to organize, implement and manage guided math ... Activities and methods to help you incorporate math standards in grades K-5
- New tips for making guided math groups a powerful teaching strategy for all ability levels from struggling to highly capable
- Ways to use your current curriculum and materials with your guided math groups ... Ideas for how to blend what you are currently doing with math standards in grades K-5
- Meaningful independent practice ideas that complement your whole group instruction
- Ideas on how to integrate children's literature and music into your math program
- Effective ways to assess, modify and differentiate your math center activities that include math standards and maximize learning for each of your students
- Successful daily routines to implement and manage guided math in your classroom
- Highly effective, more advanced ways to use guided math groups to re-teach and reinforce math standards
- Engaging, high-interest and motivating activities that build math confidence and competence
- A balanced approach to assessment that enables you to direct your instruction and organize your groups
- Highly effective, advanced ways to teach problem solving in guided math groups
- Manageable ways to meet and exceed the needs of all your students through guided math groups
- Ways to integrate iPad technology into your guided math groups
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching provides us with many joys as well as many challenges. Through my experience teaching young children for more than 20 years and my discussions with educators around the country, differentiating and reaching the needs of all our students seems to be a common challenge for teachers. Frustration arises when we try to implement and juggle our guided math groups. On top of this is the concern of how we incorporate math standards into our present math curriculum. As a full-time classroom teacher, I face these challenges on a daily basis. As a result, I have designed this seminar to help you get the most from your guided math instruction time and to provide you with powerful, advanced techniques to enhance your existing guided math program.
At the seminar, I will share dozens of practical, highly effective and time-efficient strategies that will help your students develop the math skills they need to perform at or above grade level standards. I will also share a variety of new ways to infuse greater depth and complexity into your program that will help to raise the math achievement of all your students. The activities and ideas are ones I use with my own students and have proven to be successful.
Be prepared to step into your students' shoes as I demonstrate exciting and engaging techniques that you can take back to your classroom and use immediately. I look forward to sharing my ideas and classroom experiences with you so that guided math becomes one of your joys of teaching, instead of a challenge.
Please join me for a day of learning classroom-tested techniques to take your guided math groups to a new, advanced level. You will leave with successful, classroom-tested ways to more effectively organize your guided math groups as well as fresh ideas to add to your repertoire.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Amy P. Stark
P.S. You will leave armed with effective and efficient guided math techniques that incorporate math standards and help develop K-5 math skills by differentiating instruction to strengthen ALL students' learning.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and other educators teaching math.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Advanced guided math activities for grades K-5
- Ways to incorporate iPad technology in guided math
- Specific ideas and activities to meet and exceed math standards for grades K-5
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in resources, ideas and strategies to enhance their guided math program.
Amy Stark will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your grades K-5 guided math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.