Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Differentiate Your Math Instruction Using Small Group Instruction and Math Learning Centers
Nicki Newton will show you how to implement guided math using your current math curriculum and how to create and manage engaging, rigorous, standards based math centers for the rest of your class while you work with your guided math groups.
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K 2
- Practical, timesaving strategies for more efficiently planning, organizing, implementing, and managing guided math groups in your classroom
- Innovative, hands-on, interactive small group activities that meet the diverse needs of your students and increase their understanding and proficiency in math
- Motivating, easy-to-implement math learning center ideas that reinforce students’ skills while you work with guided math groups
- Outstanding instructional strategies and quick energizers that build students’ confidence and understanding in math
- Receive an extensive math resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative guided math teaching strategies, center ideas and manageable activities to promote your students’ math skills
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical seminar, Nicki Newton will share a wealth of ideas for creating, organizing, implementing, managing, and assessing guided math groups. She will explore in depth how to use guided math groups to effectively address the diverse needs of your students, including those who struggle with math, those who are ready for enrichment, your English language learners, as well as those who are working right at grade level.
Nicki will show you how to implement guided math using your current math curriculum and how to create and manage engaging, rigorous, standards-based math centers for the rest of the class while you work with your guided math groups.
Whether you are teaching in a self-contained classroom, a math classroom, or a resource program, you will find Nicki’s ideas to be practical, innovative and academically rich. Even better, you will be given multiple, proven techniques to help all your students build the math confidence and savvy they need to become successful in mathematics.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed enthusiasm about teaching math as well as a wealth of ideas for implementing guided math in your own classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Practical Strategies to Better Implement Guided Math Groups
Discover classroom-proven techniques and valuable tools to create, implement and manage guided math groups in your own classroom … Timesaving tips for making guided math one of your most powerful teaching techniques
- Utilize Your Existing Math Curriculum in Guided Math Groups
Explore how to use guided math groups with the curriculum and materials you are currently using … See multiple ways you can use guided math to re-teach and reinforce the math your students need to learn
- Differentiate Your Math Instruction the Most Effective Way
See how guided math groups enable you to more easily differentiate your instruction to meet the diverse needs of your students … Specific, manageable techniques to build students’ confidence and competence in math
- Discover Innovative Ways to Use Math Manipulatives in Small Groups
Explore a variety of guided math group activities that use manipulatives as powerful tools … Fresh ideas to actively involve your students in learning and make sense of the math they are doing
- Facilitate Powerful “Math Talk” in Guided Math Groups
Discover highly effective strategies to engage your students in “public” thinking about math … How to question, probe and justify their thoughts in the safe, encouraging environment of guided math groups
- What to Do with the Rest of Your Class While You Meet with Guided Math Groups
Step-by-step techniques to create and manage engaging, standards-based, differentiated math learning centers … Proven ideas that are motivating, fun and provide your students with valuable opportunities to sustain their learning
- Explore Great Games and Scaffolded Organizers
Engage your students in those “just right” activities that will positively influence their feelings about math and motivate them to learn … Discover differentiated games and scaffolded organizers to keep them involved and excited about mathematics
- Discover Creative Ways to Review and Re-Teach Math Concepts
Learn multiple ways to reinforce the skills you have taught during whole group instruction … How to make guided math groups a powerful tool to strengthen student learning
- Tips, Tools and Instantly Usable Ideas for Creating Your Math Centers
Highly effective strategies for setting up manageable math learning centers … Creative, engaging activities you can use to reinforce and assess student progress in math
- Receive an Extensive Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook containing ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials with guided math groups and learning centers … All ideas are designed specifically for grades K-2 and can be implemented immediately in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, timesaving techniques to organize, implement and manage guided math groups
- Sample guided math lesson formats in each of the 5 NCTM content areas
- Tips for using guided math groups with your current math curriculum and materials
- Highly effective ways to use guided math groups to re-teach and reinforce the math your students need to learn
- Specific ways to differentiate math instruction to meet the diverse needs of your students
- How to use engaging, high-interest, motivating activities that build math confidence and competence
- Innovative techniques to use math manipulatives in small groups
- Instantly usable tips for facilitating powerful “math talk” in guided math groups
- Key ideas for creating and managing differentiated, standards-based, engaging math learning centers
- Powerful games and scaffolded organizers that allow your students to engage in “just right” math activities
- Creative ideas for strengthening students’ math concepts using guided math groups
- How to implement a balanced approach to assessment that enables you to focus guided math groups on the skills your students need most
- Manageable ways to meet the needs of all your students through guided math groups
- Proven math center activities that reinforce student learning
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities
- Creative, fun ways to review math concepts and keep them fresh in students’ minds
- Powerful questioning techniques that promote problem solving
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas to make your guided math groups highly effective
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, we are well aware that “traditional” whole-class math instruction alone is not sufficient to address the needs of all of our students. While some students are on page 91 in this year’s math text, others seem to be on page 91 in last year’s book. In today’s climate of accountability, we need a model that enables us to meet the diverse needs of all of our students, while motivating them with manageable instructional strategies and practical, effective activities. Guided math is exactly the kind of model that enables us to do this! It allows teachers to meet with small groups of students for engaging, differentiated, standards-based instruction that is targeted at the specific needs of each group. Even better, it fosters confidence and quickly builds the math skills each student needs to succeed.
It is my pleasure to share a wealth of proven ideas for creating, organizing, implementing, and managing highly successful guided math groups. You will receive specific techniques, instantly usable ideas and timesaving ways to use guided math groups with your current math curriculum and materials. You will see how effective these groups can be in meeting the diverse needs of your students, giving them the specific instruction and encouragement they need and getting them excited about learning mathematics. I strongly feel that using guided math groups enables me to make every child feel confident while making math comprehensible, engaging and fun.
And the rest of the class? They, too, are engaged in meaningful math activities through stimulating, differentiated math centers. I will give you a wealth of ideas for setting up centers where students work together as well as independently, engage in purposeful practice and laugh and learn their way to mathematical fluency.
I look forward to having you join me for an exciting, worthwhile, teacher-friendly seminar that will enable you to immediately start using guided math groups in your own classroom. In addition to sharing fresh, motivating ideas for setting up guided math groups and powerful math learning centers, I will give you dozens of games, math projects and practical, rigorous, ready-to-use activities that you can implement immediately in your own classroom.
Please join me for an exciting day of practical, proven, “right back to your classroom” ideas that will support you and each of your students as you begin to tap into the instructional power of guided math groups.
P.S. You will leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to implement guided math groups in your own classroom. And, you will have a toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use, engaging activities, innovative ideas and scaffolded templates to get started immediately.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Key ideas and specific tips for setting up and managing guided math groups
- Detailed components of strong guided math group lessons
- A variety of differentiated, scaffolded math templates for valuable activities across the 5 NCTM content areas
- Ready-to-use assessment ideas, including surveys, questionnaires, checklists, and quizzes
- Dozens of differentiated games and activities to build conceptual understanding and procedural fluency in guided math groups
- Highly practical, innovative ideas for math center activities that provide rigorous, engaging, student-centered sustained practice for your students
- An Action Plan Template you can use immediately to map out your plan for guided math groups
Nicki Newton will be available to answer questions regarding the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.