Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Use GUIDED MATH to Strengthen Your Math Instruction (Grades K-3)
Presented by Kelly Harmon
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades K-3
- Practical, classroom-proven ideas for enhancing your use of guided math whether you're teaching in-person or online
- Ideal strategies for managing small, focused math instruction groups and independent math centers
- Assessment strategies that provide the necessary data to group and teach students at their best instructional level
- Math center ideas to engage your students in meaningful math work allowing you to teach small, guided math groups
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical seminar, Kelly Harmon will share a variety of guided math techniques, including how to plan and implement small guided math groups designed to better meet your students' needs – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills. You will learn the top, research-based instructional strategies that will help your students learn and retain key math skills and concepts, and how to transfer these skills to math problem solving. In addition, Kelly will give assessment ideas that will guide you in forming flexible and intentional small groups to better meet each student at their instructional level.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed enthusiasm about teaching mathematics as well as a wealth of ideas for implementing guided math online or in-person.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to participate in this high-energy seminar that will leave you with dozens of strategies and ideas you can use immediately in your own math classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Math Instruction Using Powerful, GUIDED MATH Strategies
Discover classroom-proven strategies to strengthen guided math in your grades K-3 classroom … Instructional techniques for creating an engaging math classroom online or in-person, organizing tips and establishing and maintaining independent math routines
- Explore the Power of Small Group Guided Math Instruction
Ideal grouping strategies for small group lesson plans to meet students at their instructional level, steps for reciprocal teaching, and how to develop procedural knowledge and procedural flexibility … Scaffold your students' learning using small, focused guided math groups
- What to Do with the Rest of Your Class While You Meet with Guided Math Groups
Use independent practice activities and math stations that naturally differentiate for student needs … Help your students learn to make choices based on their math learning goals … Discover new math games and tech tools for math practice and fluency
- Help All Your Students Achieve Grade Level Math Goals Online or In-Person
Boost students' skills and understanding of number sense, basic facts, measurement, geometry, problem solving, and more … Ideas to help your students meet grade level standards
- Efficient and Effective Assessment Strategies to Group Students for Greater Results
Minute-by-minute progress monitoring that will help you take immediate action to adapt instruction … Unit and lesson planning tips based on assessments … Help students set and track their own math learning goals and develop a growth mindset for math success
- Utilize Research-Based Instructional Strategies
Use what we know works to make learning stick … How to incorporate the top, proven instructional strategies that will greatly increase student learning
- Practical Guided Math Strategies to Differentiate Your Math Instruction
Practical and doable strategies for implementing small, guided math instructional groups and math centers that build and reinforce your students' math skills at their best level of proximal development whether teaching online or in-person
- Challenge Your Top Math Students While Addressing the Needs of Your Struggling Students
How you can find time for pre-teaching, re-teaching and practice with students who need it the most while your highly capable math students are challenged with meaningful math work at their level
- Explore the Power of Guided Math to Teach Problem Solving
Today's rigorous standards call for students to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between various number concepts that will assist them in problem solving … Explore proven strategies that enable students to understand and solve challenging problems with fluency, ease and confidence
- Proven Guided Math Strategies to Help Students Process Key Math Skills and Concepts for Greater Understanding and Application
Steps for implementing successful math talks along with key questioning strategies to help students examine math reasoning … How to engage your students in math journaling, including drawing and writing about math whether teaching in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies to organize and manage guided math groups and independent math centers
- Practical tips for making guided math groups a powerful teaching strategy for all ability levels, from struggling to highly capable
- How you can use guided math to catch students before they fall behind whether teaching online or in-person
- Create anchor charts and tools to provide multi-modality learning
- Highly effective questioning strategies to help students think through their reasoning
- Increase your students' math skills and understanding of number sense, basic facts, measurement, geometry, and problem solving
- Develop a growth mindset through student goal setting and self-evaluation whether learning online or in-person
- Successfully engage students in cognitively challenging math tasks
- Develop meaningful, independent practice that complements your whole group instruction
- Integrate children's literature into your math program and centers
- Realistic ways to modify and differentiate your math centers to maximize learning for each of your students
- Unlock the power of small group instruction to focus on the diverse needs of your students – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills
- Develop routines for math talks and math journaling to deepen student understanding of math concepts
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Given the range of students' mathematical skills, we must know how to balance a variety of instructional models including whole group and direct instructional strategies, as well as small group lessons and interventions to meet individual student needs. When used correctly, guided math allows teachers to provide the necessary differentiated instruction that leads to success for all students. I am excited to spend a day together devoted to enhancing and strengthening your guided math program whether online or in-person. Join me to learn new ways to accelerate the math achievement of all your students.
During our day together, some of the topics we'll explore are:
- A wealth of highly effective, timesaving strategies to make guided math work in your classroom
- Outstanding ideas, ready-to-use math lessons and a variety of resources for assessing and teaching math skills and concepts in a guided math format
- What the rest of your students are doing while you work with small groups
- How guided math makes differentiation possible to better meet the needs of all your students
- Innovative, hands-on guided math strategies perfect for grades K-3 students
- Powerful ideas to teach writing in math and innovative math talk strategies
I am truly excited to offer dozens of ideas, tips and suggestions you can take back to your in-person or virtual classroom and immediately use to strengthen and enhance your math instruction using guided math. Please join me for a day that promises to be dynamic, fast-paced and packed with ideas to increase all your students' achievement in mathematics.
P.S. You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook written specifically for this seminar. It is filled with all the strategies and ideas we'll discuss during our day together.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades K-3
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of practical guided math strategies and how to use them both online and in-person
- How to group students efficiently
- Examples of math centers you can adapt to meet your needs
- Steps for student goal setting and action planning that include the math centers or stations they need to visit
- How to collect minute-by-minute data to determine which move to take next
- How to plan for scaffolding to mastery
- Elements of effective guided and independent practice
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their guided math program.
Kelly Harmon will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.