Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Strengthen Your GUIDED MATH Instruction: Strategies to Differentiate Math Instruction Using Small Group Instruction and Math Work Stations (Grades 3-6)
Presented by Mary Peterson
Designed Specifically for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades 3-6
- Practical, classroom-tested strategies to strengthen your guided math program and increase students' retention and understanding of key mathematical skills and concepts
- Innovative, hands-on, interactive small group activities to better meet the diverse needs of your students and increase their understanding and proficiency in math whether you are working in a classroom or online
- Numerous, creative and easy-to-use math work station ideas to differentiate and reinforce students' skills while you work with small, guided math groups in-person or in a virtual setting
- Outstanding instructional strategies you can use in whole group and small group guided math instruction to increase your students' motivation and success in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical GUIDED MATH seminar, Mary Peterson will share a variety of innovative guided math techniques to strengthen and focus your guided math instruction to better meet your students' needs – from those who struggle with basic math skills to those who excel in math. Mary will show you how to enhance your whole group and small group lessons using your current math curriculum in ways that create success whether you are teaching in-person or online. You will also learn innovative, timesaving differentiated math work stations to keep the rest of the class productive and engaged while you work with guided math groups. Whether you are teaching in a self-contained classroom, a math classroom or a resource program, you will find Mary's ideas to be practical, powerful and easy to apply.
You won't want to miss this outstanding opportunity to strengthen and enhance your guided math in grades 3-6 and renew your enthusiasm about teaching mathematics. You will leave with a wealth of ideas for using guided math to increase the math achievement of all your students in the classroom or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Practical Techniques for More Successful Guided Math Groups Whether You Are Working in Your Classroom or Online
Discover classroom-proven strategies to strengthen guided math instruction in your classroom … Tips for making guided math a powerful teaching strategy, specifically for grades 3-6
- Enhance Your Instruction in Mathematics to Better Meet the Needs of All Your Students
Unlock the power of guided math instruction to focus on the diverse needs of your students – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills … Strategies that will easily fit in with your current math instruction
- Implement Differentiated Math Work Stations
Provide students with activities they can complete at their independent levels … Ready-to-use ideas for differentiated centers that reinforce the skills and concepts your students need to practice
- Maximize Students' Time on Task at School or In Your Virtual Classroom
Learn how to increase students' active participation in real math activities that engage and bring the real world into math … Fun math projects that will enhance what you are already teaching
- Use Number Talks in Your Classroom or Breakout Room to Greatly Enhance Mental Math Skills
Learn explicit number talk strategies and questioning techniques that develop mental math skills for all students … Fresh, new ideas to encourage quality mathematical conversations and deepen mathematical understanding
- Utilize Your Existing Math Curriculum in Guided Math Groups
Explore how guided math groups can be used with the curriculum and materials you are currently using … See multiple ways you can use guided math to re-teach and reinforce the math your students need to learn
- Explore the Power of Guided Math Groups in Teaching Your State Standards
See how the power of "just in time" teaching keeps students fully on track and positively motivated … How to guide your students' mastery of state standards in ways that ensure their success
- Discover Creative Ways to Review and Re-Teach Math Concepts
Many students need multiple exposures to math concepts … Learn numerous ways to reinforce the skills you have taught during whole group instruction … How to make guided math groups a powerful tool to strengthen student learning
- Increase Students' Fluency and Confidence in Math Problem Solving
Today's rigorous standards call for students to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between various number concepts … Explore proven strategies that enable students to understand and solve challenging problems with fluency, ease and confidence
- Receive an Extensive Digital Guided Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook containing dozens of ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials to use in guided math groups and learning centers … All ideas are designed specifically for grades 3-6 and can be implemented immediately in your own classroom or distance learning environment
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, innovative strategies to maximize your guided math instruction at school or in your virtual classroom
- Reinforce what you are currently doing to make guided math a more powerful teaching strategy
- Most appropriate whole class lessons including valuable number talks
- Techniques to make the most of your valuable instructional time
- Outstanding math work stations that require minimal preparation and expense
- Highly effective strategies to incorporate problem solving and reasoning in your guided math groups – a key focus of state math standards
- Manageable ways to meet the needs of all your students whether they are in-person or online
- Ready-to-use ideas for guided math instruction
- Proven activities for math centers that reinforce student learning
- How to use your current math curriculum and materials with your guided math groups
- Valuable techniques to keep students on track with "just in time" teaching interventions
- Creative ways to review and re-teach math concepts to students who need it most
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities
- How to use visual models, graphic organizers and games to capture students' interests
- Innovative, flexible techniques to meet the diverse needs and abilities of your students in guided math groups in your classroom or virtual teaching space
- Powerful questioning techniques that promote problem solving
- Practical, easy-to-implement center activities that excite students about math
- How to use visual models to strengthen struggling students' mental math skills
- Proven strategies that support students' ability to communicate math ideas
- Open-ended math projects that engage all learners in the classroom or online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Meeting the diverse math needs of all our students is a major challenge. I am excited to share with you what I have found works whether you are teaching from a traditional classroom or a virtual one! Guided math is a model that enables us to meet the diverse needs of all of our students, while motivating them with manageable instructional strategies and practical, effective activities. It allows teachers to meet with small groups of students for engaging, differentiated, standards-based instruction that is targeted at the specific needs of each group. Even better, it helps develop the confidence students need to succeed. I will show you how to use your current math curriculum and teaching materials to greatly increase the success of guided math in your classroom or online teaching environment. You will also learn appropriate whole group lessons, cooperative activities and number talk strategies to increase a sense of community and deepen mathematical understanding.
While the small group is receiving the lessons and guidance they require to be successful at math, what is the rest of the class doing? In this seminar, I will answer that question as well. Learn how to incorporate a variety of differentiated math work stations that will keep the rest of the students engaged independently or in collaborative skill-building lessons. These activities are designed to reinforce math skills as well as challenge and motivate students across all of the math strands, while utilizing virtual meeting spaces when necessary.
Throughout this day, you will receive dozens of exciting activities to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current math program. I will share a wealth of motivating and innovative real-life math experiences, math games, open-ended projects, strategies to increase math reasoning skills, and so much more! All the activities in this seminar are practical, easy to implement and classroom proven to increase math confidence and competence for grades 3-6 students. My goal is for you to leave with renewed excitement and many practical ideas you will be able to use immediately in your classroom or in your online environment.
P.S. If you want practical ideas to strengthen and enhance your guided math lessons and activities that you can use immediately in-person or online, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades 3-6
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical ideas for implementing guided math groups in your own classroom or online
- Ready-to-use lessons for small group instruction that re-teach and extend students' mathematical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Easy-to-implement ideas for math centers that involve all students
- Activities that generate active participation and promote problem-solving strategies and basic skills practice
- Practical ideas for appropriate whole group lessons and cooperative activities
- Teacher-friendly tips for implementing guided math groups and managing math centers
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their mathematics programs.
Mary Peterson will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.