Practical Ideas for Using the Best MATH STRATEGIES FROM SINGAPORE to Close the Math Achievement Gap
Presented by Sherri Adler
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-3: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Dozens of powerful, practical ideas for using the best math strategies from Singapore to help your students who are beginning to fall behind
- Outstanding, proven techniques to create positive math learning experiences for all your students – resulting in significant boosts in student achievement
- Practical intervention strategies from Singapore mathematics to increase your students’ motivation, involvement and success in mathematics
- Innovative, engaging techniques from Singapore to help your students master basic math facts, mental math and problem solving – closing the math achievement gap!
- Demonstrations, sample lessons, intervention strategies, easy-to-use math games and activities, and an extensive resource handbook filled with the best math strategies from Singapore that can be used successfully with any math curriculum
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, practical seminar, Sherri Adler will share a wealth of ideas and resources for using the best, proven math strategies from Singapore to close the achievement gap in mathematics in grades K-3. She will share a wealth of successful techniques used in Singapore, one of the highest performing countries in the world in mathematics, to motivate your students and significantly boost their achievement. Regardless of the math curriculum you are using, Sherri will give you proven ideas and outstanding tools to help your students improve their basic math understanding. She will demonstrate highly effective questioning strategies that encourage your students to start communicating about math, and she’ll provide extraordinary mental math techniques used in the world-class math programs in Singapore.
During this active, fast-paced day, Sherri will introduce you to teaching your students how to draw bar models to solve word problems – a technique that truly unlocks the “mystery” of problem solving – and she will give you a wealth of strategies from Singapore to help your students master basic math facts and become proficient at mental math. In addition, you’ll learn about a variety of outstanding math manipulatives and games that will reinforce your students’ math fluency and significantly reduce the gap between those who struggle with math and those who excel.
Whether you are teaching in a self-contained classroom, a math classroom or a resource program, you will find Sherri’s ideas to be practical, innovative and highly effective in getting your students actively engaged in learning – and loving – math
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Close the Achievement Gap with Singapore’s Best Math Strategies
All students can learn math using the unique strategies developed in Singapore mathematics … Discover outstanding techniques that enable your struggling students to understand – and enjoy – mathematics!
- Utilize the Power of Mental Math
More than 70% of the math we use every day is mental math … Learn how to teach your students to add and subtract to 100 in first grade and to 1,000 by the end of second grade
- Discover the Key to Problem Solving by Using Singapore Model Drawing
Singapore uses a very powerful pictorial tool to solve word problems … Learn how to enable your students to do word problems using the easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn bar model method – it really works!.
- Teach to Ensure Long-Term Memory in Mathematics
Use proven strategies from Singapore to show your students why math is working … See how the concrete, pictorial, abstract method works best for retaining skills and concepts in long-term memory, especially for students who struggle with math.
- Boost Your Students’ Math Confidence
Students who gain confidence in their mathematical abilities will take risks and try to solve problems in unfamiliar situations … Discover highly effective Singapore strategies that significantly decrease math anxiety and increase students’ competence and confidence
- Build a Solid Math Foundation with the Best Math Strategies from Singapore
Math facts, math facts, math facts! Here’s how to provide your students with many strategies to master basic math facts so their mental energy can be utilized in problem solving … Techniques that work!
- Incorporate Engaging Manipulatives and Games to Build Fluency in Math Skills
Ensure that learning math – and teaching it – is never boring! Learn a wealth of ways to use manipulatives and games to build your students’ math fluency
- Solve the Mystery of Place Value!
Here they are – proven techniques to eliminate the problem of teaching students how to regroup and rename by using number discs for the four basic operations … Help your students understand why that “floating one” is really a 10, 100, 1000 and the mystery will be solved
- Use Singapore Strategies to Differentiate Your Math Instruction
Not all students learn at the same pace but we are expected to teach them all the same content … Learn techniques you can apply immediately in your heterogeneous classroom to ensure that every child learns – and enjoys – mathematics
- Achieve Greater Success with All Students in Mathematics in Grades K-3
Return to your classroom with a wealth of math strategies from Singapore that will enable all your students to succeed in math … Demonstrations, sample lessons, intervention strategies, easy-to-use activities, and an extensive resource handbook filled with the best math strategies from Singapore
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of highly effective math strategies from Singapore that you can use in your current math program to close the achievement gap
- Powerful ways to teach your students to add and subtract to 100 in first grade and to 1,000 by the end of second grade
- Proven techniques from Singapore to create and nurture your students’ confidence and competence in math
- Specific ways to teach place value that will eliminate common errors that students often make
- How to use the power of pictures to help your students master the basic math facts
- Easy-to-use tools from Singapore mathematics for building logic and number sense with all students in grades K-3
- Practical, step-by-step instruction for significantly expanding students’ mental math skills
- Highly effective ways to eliminate your students’ math anxiety by enabling them to succeed in math
- Creative strategies to ensure your students’ long-term memory in mathematics
- Outstanding techniques to help your students solve word problems using Singapore’s bar modeling technique
- Excellent tips to enhance your questioning techniques in mathematics so that even your shy students will want to answer
- Motivating games and inviting activities that build your students’ math fluency
- New ways to teach fractions that help students actually understand them
- Proactive techniques to eliminate the problems in teaching students how to regroup and rename
- How to use math journals to differentiate your math instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Mathematics is a wonderful subject that my students often call their favorite. When I empower them with the best, useful strategies from Singapore for doing math, they often tell me math is fun. Believe it or not, they actually ask for more! I know that’s not what we’re used to hearing, but if a student truly understands why the math is working and not just how to perform the algorithm, it’s no longer a “foreign” language to them. My belief is that all students can do math. Some just need to be shown new ways to do it. I’m pleased to have the opportunity to share some of the best Singapore mathematics strategies I use that have enabled my students – especially those who need additional help – to succeed in mathematics.
Year after year, the math strategies used in Singapore have had a proven record of resulting in high performance on all international exams that their students take. According to their Ministry of Education, “Mathematics is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person’s intellectual competence.” It is not just a subject, but a tool that helps students perform well in all areas. I have seen the same thing happen in my own classes. By using the best strategies from Singapore to teach basic math skills, my primary students have developed a solid foundation that helps them be successful at higher levels of mathematics and in other subjects as well.
During this NEW seminar, I will share the successful Singapore mathematics strategies that I use with my students on a daily basis and in return, you can implement them immediately in your own classroom. Math strategies from Singapore don’t discriminate between the “haves” and “have-nots.” They are outstanding techniques that work with all students! You will leave with a wealth of strategies to strengthen your students’ number sense as well as build their mathematical confidence. In addition, you will learn specific ways to teach mental math strategies that students can utilize in their everyday lives.
Please join me for a lively, exciting day filled with strategies, tips and tools from Singapore that will enable you to close the math achievement gap by giving your students the solid foundation and confidence they need to succeed in mathematics. I’ve seen it happen with my own students time after time.
I look forward to having you join me for this practical, worthwhile day that will support you in getting your students actively engaged in learning – and loving – math!
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to use a wealth of practical, ready-to-use, engaging, and innovative ideas from Singapore mathematics to help you close the math achievement gap in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in Grades K-3: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies from Singapore mathematics for increasing student involvement, interest and achievement in math
- A wealth of outstanding, practical ideas for teaching your students effective strategies to do mental math
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching your students to solve word problems using the Singapore model drawing method
- Ready-to-use ideas and resources to boost your students’ competence and confidence in doing math
- Highly practical, innovative ideas for using math manipulatives and games to build fluency in math for students in grades K-3
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using innovative math strategies from Singapore to close the math achievement gap in their classrooms.
Sherri Adler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own mathematics program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.