Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
How to Use the Best Strategies from
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Math Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Who Teach Mathematics to Students in Grades K-6
- Practical ideas, tools and techniques to effortlessly incorporate the best of math strategies from Singapore into your existing math curriculum
- Acclaimed, proven techniques to create positive math learning experiences for all your students – which result in dramatic boosts in student achievement
- Innovative, engaging strategies to help your students master basic math facts, mental math and problem solving
- Ready-to-use tips, tools and an extensive resource handbook filled with a wealth of meaningful ideas to put the power of Singapore mathematics to work in your own classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Specifically designed for teachers of kindergarten through sixth grade, this exciting seminar presents an introduction to math strategies from Singapore that will change your approach to teaching mathematics and greatly enhance your students’ achievement. Highly talented math teacher and international instructor, Cassy Turner, will give you the tools, techniques and motivation to incorporate the best of Singapore mathematics into your current program. Using these extraordinary ideas, you will boost your students’ confidence as math learners, significantly improve their math skills and find that teaching mathematics can be the most rewarding part of your day.
Singapore has consistently scored #1 in the world at both the fourth and eighth grade levels on the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS). As you will see, there are concrete reasons why this is happening. And perhaps the best news of all is that every teacher, regardless of where you are teaching or what math program you are using, can use the same techniques to help your students.
Throughout this fast-paced seminar, participants will be focusing on the easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn techniques that make the use of math strategies from Singapore an outstanding way to ensure solid student achievement in mathematics.
Cassy will fill the day with “right back to your classroom” methods you can use immediately for teaching mental math, problem solving, mastering basic math facts, and developing higher-level thinking skills. You’ll leave with new insights, innovative teaching strategies, an extensive resource handbook, and a renewed enthusiasm for teaching mathematics.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate the Best Math Strategies from Singapore into Your Current Math Program
Effortlessly incorporate these outstanding approaches for teaching mathematics into your current program … Practical, timesaving techniques that are easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn
- Strengthen Your Students’ Mental Math Abilities
Learn to teach your students to add and subtract mentally to 100 in first grade and to 1,000 by the end of second grade! … See how students with strong mental math skills develop strong number sense and confidence
- Help Your Students Master Basic Math Facts
Discover proven strategies that enable students to truly master basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts … Free up their mental energy to solve more challenging problems
- Make Math More Engaging and Fun
It’s true – see how you can get students excited about math. If students love math, they will practice it – and practice makes permanent!
- Unlock the Power of the Singapore Model-Drawing Approach
Enhance your math lessons with the extremely powerful visual nature of bar modeling … Enable students – at all skill levels – to see, manipulate and understand how math works
- Develop Your Students’ Fluency with Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Ratios, and Proportions
See how the “learning to mastery” component of Singapore mathematics allows students to manipulate numbers and move freely between fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions in ways that many adults cannot
- Replace Math Anxiety with Math Success
Discover proven ways to decrease math anxiety, allowing your students to fully engage in learning math … The only option your students will have is to be successful
- Learn Multiple Methods for Informal Assessment
Learn practical ideas that are efficient and accurate for assessing your students’ progress and can be implemented immediately … How to keep yourself tuned in to all of your students, all of the time
- Make Your Students Phenomenal Problem Solvers
How to introduce problem-solving skills and strategies appropriate for all types of learners, whether visual, auditory or kinesthetic … Equip your students with the skills to solve complex, multi-step problems – skills that really work
- Ensure that Every Child Learns
Learn ways to encourage all students in your class, regardless of gender, race or ability level to feel mathematically confident … See how math strategies from Singapore naturally differentiate your instruction and enable students to take on greater math challenges
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to incorporate the best math strategies from Singapore into your existing math program
- Proven techniques to create positive math learning experiences for all your students
- Engaging strategies that enable students to master basic math facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Step-by-step techniques to strengthen your students’ mental math abilities
- How to build students’ confidence as capable math learners
- What it means to teach to mastery rather than constantly spiral in math instruction
- Practical techniques to informally assess all of your students, all of the time
- Outstanding ways to teach fractions and decimals for understanding
- How to use number bonds, where a picture replaces four mathematical sentences
- Innovative questioning techniques that create deeper understanding for students
- A clear demonstration of how to teach the powerful bar model approach to problem solving
- Learn how Singapore strategies support your state’s math practice and content standards
- Innovative ways to differentiate your instruction to meet the needs of all your math learners
- Numerous techniques to develop logic and number sense – even in your youngest students!
- Highly effective problem-solving techniques that encourage students to find many ways to solve challenging problems
- Proven ways to use common manipulatives to best advantage
- Ideas that you and your students can use to celebrate math in your classroom
- Multiple ideas to encourage parents to help their children in math – in ways that will help you, too!
- Simple, effective methods for teaching place value so that students truly understand
- How to extend word problems to challenge your most talented students
- Effective ways to encourage all students mathematically, regardless of gender, race or ability
- Dozens of practical teaching techniques used in Singapore that have consistently made their students #1 in the world on international math tests
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
It’s wonderful to teach students who truly love math! As a teacher, I’ve been fortunate to work with students who can’t wait for math class. Why are they so engaged, excited and energized? Thanks to Singapore mathematics, my students have developed a deep understanding of math that creates confidence in their math skills and leads to successful thinking and problem solving.
I have taught the math program from Singapore at all grade levels, from kindergarten through sixth grade and regardless of the ability of my students, the same impressive results have occurred each year. Students have learned to truly master basic math facts, they have developed extraordinary mental math abilities, they manipulate numbers and move freely between fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions in ways that many adults can’t do, and they are confident about tackling even the most challenging multi-step word problems.
While Singapore’s math students lead the world, the best aspects of its curriculum may be extracted and used to accelerate math comprehension for all students. Inspired by the success of my students, I realized the impact that Singapore’s approach to math could have for all learners and developed this practical, hands-on seminar to share the top strategies of Singapore mathematics. These techniques are easily used in any classroom, regardless of the curriculum, and can help every teacher achieve impressive results. It will be my pleasure to share these easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn strategies that have dramatically boosted student achievement in my classroom, just as they will in yours.
As teachers, we know that students learn best when they are successful. Not only does success reduce their anxiety about learning math, but it encourages students to be fully engaged in learning, whether they are performing at top levels or need additional support. The strategies I’ll share with you will give your students the self-confidence they need to perform at higher levels, with a true understanding of math basics as well as the tools they need to tackle more challenging math problems.
Please join me for an information-packed day filled with the best, ready-to-use math strategies from Singapore that will significantly increase the achievement of your students. I have no doubt that your students, just like mine, will love math!
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. Remember, the day will focus on the power of practical, easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn math strategies from Singapore that can be used with any math program.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Math Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators who teach mathematics to students in Grades K-6.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A wealth of mental math strategies used throughout the Singapore mathematics program
- Numerous suggestions for differentiating instructional strategies from Singapore in a heterogeneous classroom
- New ways to challenge your most capable math students
- Specific ideas that work well with struggling math learners, including the use of manipulatives and pictures to aid their understanding
- Easy-to-teach and easy-to-learn ways to help your students master basic math facts
- Step-by-step instructions, demonstrations and models for creating lesson plans that incorporate the best math strategies from Singapore
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas about using math strategies from Singapore to enhance the teaching of mathematics.
Cassy Turner will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.