Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best, Powerful Strategies for Teaching MATH (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Patrick Sullivan
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Math in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Math Specialists and Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- The best, new, innovative strategies to give ALL students an opportunity to experience success – even those students who are two or more grade levels behind!
- Timesaving strategies to empower your students with a growth mindset
- Discover classroom routines that will promote high quality mathematical discussions in which ALL students are engaged
- Receive an extensive mathematics resource handbook to help you immediately implement practical strategies to enhance your students’ math learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar will focus on the most effective strategies for accelerating grades 6-12 student success in mathematics. Outstanding math teacher and national presenter, Patrick Sullivan will share new and innovative math teaching strategies that will help you re-imagine math instruction in grades 6-12 to better meet the diverse needs of your students. You’ll learn how to more effectively differentiate math instruction to better engage not only students who are struggling to learn essential math concepts but also those who need greater challenge. Patrick will also share practical strategies for increasing rigor in your math instruction and proven ways to increase your students’ accountability for their own math learning and create an environment where your students are doing the “heavy lifting.”
You’ll leave this seminar equipped with a fresh perspective on the most effective instructional practices for mathematics teaching in grades 6-12 and a wealth of new strategies for accelerating your students’ success in learning essential mathematics concepts.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Gain a Fresh Perspective on Effective Math Instruction in Grades 6-12
Learn, easy-to-implement, new and innovative “tweaks” for differentiating mathematical content that will make mathematics accessible to every student. Learn strategies to make classwork and homework meaningful for both you and your students!
- Develop a Growth Mindset for Mathematics in Your Students
Explore strategies that move students from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
- Accelerate, not Remediate, Student Learning In Your Math Classroom
Learn new and innovative tweaks for presenting math content that will enable all your students to better access mathematics content and experience greater success
- Raise the Cognitive Demand of Math Activities
Learn to identify the level of cognitive demand of your current math lessons … Learn how to increase the cognitive challenge of math tasks using your existing curriculum
- Increase Student Engagement
Increase student engagement incorporating strategies that transform your classroom into a vibrant, respectful, student-centered learning community
- Strengthen Your Students' Understanding of Essential Mathematical Ideas
Re-imagine how mathematical ideas are related to each other and leverage these new understandings to help students build a deeper conceptual understanding of mathematical ideas
- Expand Your Toolbox of Strategies to Engage Students in Higher Level Math Thinking
Learn practical, highly effective strategies for math instruction and assessment that will empower your students to think more deeply about the mathematics they are learning … Walk away with numerous strategies that you can incorporate into your classroom immediately
- Support ELL Learners by Incorporating Mathematical Language Routines
Learn the seven mathematical language routines that not only support ELL learners, but give all students opportunities to observe, analyze, and reflect on their usage of mathematical language
- Increase the Rigor of Your Mathematics Instruction
Incorporate easy-to-implement steps to increase the rigor in your mathematics instruction … Numerous strategies that can be implemented immediately in your math instruction!
- Receive an Extensive Math Resource Handbook Packed with Tools to Accelerate Math Learning
Each participant will receive an extensive math instruction resource handbook filled with ideas and strategies to accelerate student learning in your math classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The essential instructional techniques every math teacher needs to know to increase student success in math in grades 6-12
- Innovative ways to develop a growth mindset for mathematics learning
- Simple changes to the dynamics of your math classroom that hold students more accountable for learning
- The four teaching practices that give every student a chance at success in the grades 6-12 mathematics classroom
- Easy-to-implement strategies to create engaging math lessons that get students excited to learn
- How to create math lessons that increase student learning and engage the entire class
- Innovative ways to incorporate higher level thinking into your math classroom routines
- How to tweak a lesson to make it accessible to all of your students
- Ways to quickly assess students’ mathematical understanding
- Mathematical language routines that empower students with the tools to effectively communicate a deep understanding of mathematical ideas
- Creative ways to help students retain the language and vocabulary necessary for communicating a deep understanding of mathematical ideas
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas and strategies for accelerating learning in your math classroom
- Ways to make homework a more worthwhile learning experience for students … And a more worthwhile grading experience for you!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Have you ever pondered the following questions: "How do I teach students who are two or more grade levels below where they should be?", "Why is what I am teaching not sticking?", or "How do I get students curious and excited to be in my class?" Over the past 25 years, I have developed, implemented and tested new techniques, strategies and activities that would help me address these questions.
I have designed this seminar to answer these questions by sharing the practical strategies and techniques that I have learned. This seminar will provide you with easy-to-implement strategies and tools that you can use, no matter the level of your students, to increase the retention of important math ideas and accelerate student achievement in your math classroom. I'll share with you what has worked (and what has not) and what I have learned by incorporating these ideas into my own math instructional practices.
Among my goals for this seminar is that you leave excited and empowered to put these ideas into action in your own math classroom. Our day will be filled with proven practices, practical strategies and "aha moments" that will have you re-imagining your own math classroom and wanting more!
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S: I am confident that you'll leave this seminar inspired and empowered to accelerate learning in your math classroom. You will leave with a wealth of easy-to-implement strategies and ready-to-use activities that can be used immediately in your own secondary mathematics classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators Who Teach Math in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Math Specialists and Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
You’ll Receive an Extensive Math Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive math instruction resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Proven techniques to accelerate math learning for ALL of your students
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas and strategies to accelerate math learning
- Tips on how to incorporate higher level thinking into your classroom routines
- Easy-to-implement activities that can help students develop a growth mindset
- Strategies to help students retain the language and vocabulary necessary for communicating a deep understanding of mathematical ideas
Meet and Share with Other Secondary Level Math Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing student success in mathematics.
Patrick Sullivan will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.