Help Your Students Achieve
Specifically designed for Educators Who Teach Mathematics in Grades 3-6, Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Math Specialists, Math Coaches, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical, ready-to-use strategies to achieve fluency with multiplication and division facts
- Better meet the diverse needs of all your math students while developing conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills
- New and innovative ways to increase your students’ understanding of fractions, decimals and percents
- Proven activities you can use immediately to accelerate your students’ motivation, engagement and success in mathematics
- Receive an extensive math resource handbook filled with dozens of valuable resources, strategies, ready-to-use tips, and tools to implement highly effective math lessons in grades 3-6 that ensure student success in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for teacher-friendly, practical strategies to achieve computational fluency and deepen your students’ understanding of core mathematical concepts in grades 3-6, you won’t want to miss this dynamic, NEW seminar. In this highly engaging seminar, you will gain a wealth of practical ideas and resources for using various visual models to engage ALL your students as they develop a sense-making approach to computational fluency beyond memorizing facts in a way that students love to learn!
Throughout this fast-paced, strategy-filled seminar, Dr. Barbara Blanke will share dozens of practical “take right back to your classroom” ideas to develop computational fluency strategies for ALL students, significantly increasing student achievement in mathematics. Barbara will demonstrate the model lessons, complete with the tools you can use to implement these best practices immediately in your own classroom.
Whether you are a teacher new to grades 3-6 or have years of experience teaching in the intermediate grades, you will find Barbara’s ideas include new and innovative concepts that will enhance your math instruction and notably deepen your grades 3-6 students’ understanding of the most confusing math concepts.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with new insights, practical strategies, an extensive math resource handbook, and classroom-proven instructional tips that will fully engage your students. You’ll return to your classroom and observe your students’ motivation and enthusiasm soar as they use their computational fluency to think like a mathematician!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Students Master Multiplication and Division Facts
See how the power of “just in time” teaching keeps students fully on track and positively motivated … How to guide your students to successful computational fluency and ensure their mathematical success
- Significantly Increase Student Success in Learning Decimals and Percents in Grades 3-6
Add creative, fun activities to your teaching repertoire … Discover outstanding games, activities, investigations, and visual models that will grab students’ interest, ignite their natural curiosity and reinforce their ability to make sense of decimals and percents in Grades 3-6
- Utilize the Most Effective Math Teaching Techniques to Enhance Your Math Instruction in Grades 3-6
Classroom-proven techniques for setting up highly motivating math lessons your students will enjoy … Strategies that maximize your time and keep students focused and excited about learning math
- Achieve Greater Success in Teaching Fractions
Explore proven strategies that enable students to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions with fluency, ease and confidence
- Maximize Every Student’s Computational Fluency
Explore a rich variety of scaffolded organizers and outstanding math activities to keep students actively involved and excited about learning mathematics … Proven ways to help your students develop computational fluency
- Improve Performance on Rigorous Math Tests
Engage your students in motivating, “just right” activities that will positively influence their performance on rigorous math tests
- Engage Your Students in Highly Motivating Math Activities
Discover dozens of outstanding math activities, apps and websites to keep students engaged and excited about mathematics
- Learn Practical Strategies to Teach the Most Challenging Math Concepts in Grades 3-6
Discover dozens of classroom-proven techniques and valuable tools to implement your grade level content in mathematics … How to deepen your students’ understanding of fractions, decimals and percents using visual models.
- Discover New Ways to Use Manipulatives in Grades 3-6 to Deepen Your Students’ Computational Fluency
Explore a variety of best practice activities using simple manipulatives as powerful tools … Fresh ideas to actively involve your students in developing computational fluency in various content areas.
- Receive an Extensive Grades 3-6 Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook containing dozens of ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials to use in their own classroom … All ideas are designed specifically for grades 3-6 and can be implemented immediately
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of powerful, practical ideas to increase motivation, involvement and success in computational fluency for students with multiplication and division facts
- Powerful questioning techniques that promote adaptive reasoning skills in math
- Practical, timesaving ideas to develop habits of being a mathematician
- How to design outstanding math lessons using visual models that meet the needs of ALL your students
- Creative ways to increase your students’ understanding of fractions, decimals and percents
- Highly effective ways to use cognitively demanding math problems to deepen understanding
- Proven techniques to involve students in “seeing and doing” mathematics with effective visual models to enhance your current math instruction
- Specific ideas that will enable you to positively impact student comprehension of mathematics
- Creative, fun ways to review and reinforce basic math concepts and skills required at your students’ grade level
- Innovative techniques to use math manipulatives in grades 3-6 to deepen conceptual understanding
- Just-in-time tips for facilitating “math talk” in your classroom
- Practical, effective strategies to implement engaging math lessons to teach multi-digit multiplication and division with understanding
- How to implement a balanced approach that develops the “habits of the mind” that all students need to be successful mathematicians
- Proven strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities designed specifically for grades 3-6
- Outstanding ideas to engage ALL students – including those who struggle with math, those who are ready for enrichment, your ELL students, and those who are working at grade level
- Valuable scaffolding techniques to successfully develop computational fluency for ALL learners
- Creative strategies that help students develop a deeper understanding and ability to apply mathematics to new and novel situations
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas to make mathematics come alive in your classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The development of computational fluency, mental math skills and deep number sense are the most important goals of the mathematics curriculum in grades 3-6. These skills are a major foundational core that support mathematical success in higher-order mathematical learning. Students need to spend considerable time and practice to deeply develop these skills in ways that deepen all students’ understanding, problem solving and reasoning. This involves learning powerful mathematical ideas, rather than a collection of disconnected procedures for carrying out calculations. This seminar will give you dozens of ideas and a wealth of practical strategies to do just that!
Throughout the day, we will look at the most effective instructional practices in mathematics to help your students in grades 3-6 make sense of multi-digit computations and fractions, decimals and percents – a big challenge for those of us who work with intermediate grade students. I will share many powerful, classroom-proven techniques that are highly effective in helping us meet our students’ needs in mathematics while addressing the depth of knowledge required to build successful lifelong mathematicians.
Please plan to join me for a fast-paced day, filled with engaging, ready-to-use ideas. It is my goal that you leave this seminar with a wealth of strategies and practical ideas for successfully implementing them into your mathematics instruction. I look forward to meeting you and sharing my ideas and experiences during our day together. You will leave with a new repertoire of highly useful strategies that will support you and all of your students as they deepen their computational fluency and success as young mathematicians!
Dr. Barbara Blanke
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to integrate visual models and problem-solving strategies into your mathematics instruction. In addition, you’ll have a toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use engaging and innovative ideas to instill computational confidence in your students.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Mathematics Specialists, Math Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive grades 3-6 math resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use materials that will develop your students’ computational fluency with multiplication and division grades 3-6
- Practical ideas for deepening your students’ understanding of fractions, decimals and percents
- Teacher-friendly tips that generate active participation, math talk, promote higher-level thinking, develop problem-solving strategies, and support basic skill proficiency
- Engaging, hands-on activities for helping students use their computational fluency in complex problem-solving situations
- Research-based visual models that will support your students’ deeper understanding and make connections using computational fluency
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their students’ computational fluency.
Barbara Blanke will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math programs.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.