Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies for
Specifically Designed for Mathematics Educators Teaching Algebra and Pre-Algebra in Grades 7-12
- Dozens of highly practical, innovative techniques for teaching algebra concepts and problem-solving strategies in grades 7-12
- Outstanding, classroom-proven instructional strategies to use daily to increase your students’ motivation and involvement
- Practical ideas to help your students improve their basic skills while learning new algebraic concepts
- Receive an extensive resource handbook to help you put these strategies to work immediately in your 7-12 grade algebra and pre-algebra classes
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Pre-algebra and algebra students in grades 7-12 must make the transition from concrete to conceptual mathematics, learning to combine and apply a wide range of skills to solve challenging problems. This seminar will focus on helping students grasp key algebraic concepts and develop math proficiency. Throughout the day you will learn how to strengthen your students’ mathematics achievement with practical ideas and strategies that will fit into your existing program.
Though the focus will be on teaching algebraic concepts, the ideas are easily adapted to a wide variety of middle and high school mathematics courses. Irv Lubliner is an acclaimed teacher with extensive mathematical experience with students in grades 7-12. You will leave this seminar with a wealth of classroom-proven techniques and strategies for increasing your students’ understanding and use of algebraic concepts.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthening Your Students’ Understanding of Algebraic Concepts
Learn practical strategies and techniques for helping your students learn and retain key algebra and pre-algebra concepts . . . Invaluable tips and advice to strengthen your program
- Enhancing Your Algebra Instruction
Deepen your understanding of core algebraic concepts so you can move beyond textbook explanations and bring algebra to life for your students . . . Dozens of teaching ideas specifically developed for grades 7-12 students
- Moving from Basic Skills to Algebra Concepts
Introduce algebraic concepts and symbols while reinforcing basic skills in patterning and logic . . . Develop problem-solving skills in all students, from the struggling to the gifted
- NEW Questioning Strategies to Increase Thinking Skills
Use specific questioning techniques that promote mathematical thinking . . . Stimulate active participation during classroom discussion and activities
- Enhancing Graphing Calculator Instruction
Capitalize on students’ fascination with technology by using graphing calculators as motivational tools and effective aids in problem solving . . . Learn specific activities that introduce higher-level mathematical thinking with technology
- Increasing Student Engagement – Even in 90-Minute Block Periods
Proven techniques to maximize classroom learning, even during longer block periods . . . Strategies that will enable you to make the most of each minute of classroom time
- Extending and Enriching Your Existing Curriculum
Learn classroom-tested ways to adapt your curriculum and supplement your textbook to create more success and enjoyment for your students . . . Specific ideas and ready-to-implement activities for your grades 7-12 algebra students
- Increasing Student Motivation and Participation
Incorporate strategies that will enliven your classroom and generate excitement whether you are reviewing basic skills or introducing new algebra concepts
- Sharpen Math Communication Skills
Emphasize the development of math communication skills . . . Learn practices that increase conceptual understanding, encourage the use of proper terminology and build proficiency in the language of mathematics
- Expanding Your Repertoire of Algebra and Pre-Algebra Teaching Strategies
Receive an extensive resource handbook that will facilitate your learning during the seminar and provide a wealth of information beyond the scope of the seminar . . . Included are dozens of practical activities you can immediately implement in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies to increase student achievement in your algebra and pre-algebra classes
- Ideas for introducing new algebra concepts while reinforcing basic skills
Practical ways to accelerate students’ grasp of algebraic concepts
- Dozens of fun and engaging activities to use in your classroom with your current algebra program
- Numerous techniques for addressing the needs of your reluctant math students while challenging the high achievers
- Extend your curriculum with easy-to-use activities and strategies that will supplement your textbook
- Creative ways to use graphing calculators to strengthen student understanding of algebra
- How to help students apply algebra concepts to real-world examples
- Dozens of easy-to-implement activities you can do with minimum preparation or expense
- Ideas for projects, activities and investigations that will challenge and motivate your students
- How to integrate problem solving, reasoning, communication, and critical thinking into your daily lessons
- Specific activities to combine higher-level mathematical thinking with technology
- Ways to generate classroom discussion and excitement in your algebra classroom
- Effective techniques for helping students express their mathematical thinking
- Motivational activities that make learning and teaching algebra fun for you and your students
- Numerous strategies to convert reluctant learners into enthusiastic participants
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Irv Lubliner
Whether or not our students realize it, the algebra concepts they learn today will serve as the foundation for their study of math and science tomorrow. It is important that we, as educators, help students realize the importance of mathematics and the enabling power that comes with algebraic proficiency.
It is my basic belief that you, the teacher, are the most important component of each student’s math experience. You model inquiry, encourage students to stretch their thinking and problem‑solving capabilities, and generate an excitement for learning and understanding that makes math come alive.
In this seminar, I will demonstrate numerous algebra and pre‑algebra activities designed for grades 7-12. In addition, I will model a collection of questioning strategies that will bring spontaneity and positive interaction into your classroom. These lessons and techniques will stimulate students’ curiosity, generate enthusiasm and maximize student involvement. Every strategy has been proven successful in algebra and pre-algebra classes in grades 7-12.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and sharing with you a wealth of practical strategies and activities that will help you increase your students’ achievement, motivation and involvement in your algebra classes!
P.S. The emphasis in this seminar will be on practical algebra strategies that have been tested in my classroom, ready to be implemented immediately in yours.
Who Should Attend
Algebra Educators serving grades 7-12: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff Members, Instructional Assistants, Department Heads, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook:
Each participant will receive the extensive resource handbook, Practical Strategies for Strengthening Your Students’ Learning of Algebra Concepts (Grades 7-12), specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- ready-to-use ideas and strategies for all grades 7-12 algebra classrooms
- specific classroom activities that will help you motivate and challenge your students
- dozens of fun and engaging activities
- ideas for projects, activities and investigations for your algebra classes
Meet and Share:
This seminar provides participants a wonderful opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their algebra and pre-algebra programs.
Irv Lubliner will be available at the seminar to answer your questions and discuss the unique needs of your own algebra program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.