Significantly Increase All of Your Students’ Math Skills:
Dozens of Practical, Differentiated Strategies to Easily Integrate into Your Current Math Program
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Increase all your students’ learning and success in math with dozens of strategies you can seamlessly integrate into what you’re already teaching in your math program … Discover easy changes that have a powerful impact on student retention and achievement
- Numerous, differentiated math strategies and ideas perfect for your struggling to high achieving students in grades 3-6
- Practical, hands-on activities and ideas that will strengthen your students’ fluency, retention and understanding of basic facts, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, geometry, and measurement concepts
- Regardless of your textbook or math objectives, these strategies will easily align with your everyday math instruction and will increase students’ performance on your math standards
- Classroom-proven and research-based ideas to improve your students’ problem-solving skills and their ability to solve problems independently on assessments
- An extensive resource handbook filled with free and inexpensive math resources, classroom tips and ready-to-use activities that you can use immediately in your grades 3-6 math instruction
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Regardless of the math program or model you use, you need tips, techniques and strategies that will help your math instruction, and lessons that really stick with your students. In this NEW, practical one-day seminar, you will gain dozens of strategies and ideas that are easy to integrate into what you are already doing that will significantly increase students’ math learning in grades 3-6.
Lee Anne Coester will provide you with ideas and resources to accelerate your students’ conceptual understanding of math content and independent proficiency in applying this knowledge to problem-solving situations – all requirements for future success in mathematics and on your state math standards. She will share ideas for retention and understanding of basic facts, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, geometry, and measurement concepts, as well as efficient ways for managing your math time for higher engagement and learning.
The emphasis of this outstanding seminar will be on helping you break the “fear of math” cycle by supporting your students as they learn, retain and apply computation and problem-solving skills in and out of the classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dozens of Practical, Differentiated Strategies to Easily Integrate into Your Current Math Program
Strengthen your math instruction and increase student understanding of key math concepts … Learn how minor changes can be incorporated into your current program to greatly boost your results
- Math Fluency is the Key, But How Do We Develop it in Our Students?
Whether we’re discussing fact fluency or computational fluency with whole numbers, fractions and decimals or fluency with geometry concepts, we begin with conceptual understanding … Focus on how to develop deep understanding that leads to retention and fluency
- Mastering Math Facts
Whether you are introducing the concepts of math operations or helping older students who are struggling with fact retention, learn numerous, new and innovative methods for both teaching and assessing math fact fluency
- Increase Student Success in Meeting and Exceeding Math Standards
Increase student achievement by directing your lessons toward long-term retention and understanding … Reduce reviewing and re-teaching thereby allowing time for the depth of knowledge lessons expected by your state math standards
- Doable Differentiated Math Strategies
Learn universal differentiated instructional strategies for teaching struggling students, advanced students, reluctant learners, ESL students, and more … All ideas can be used within your current, existing math program
- Help Students Make Sense of Problems and Persevere in Solving Them
Problem solving is the umbrella that encompasses everything we teach in math … Learn the three components of effective problem-solving instruction … Best of all, hear how to make problem solving student centered and fun
- Ideas for Inexpensive, Easy-to-Make Manipulatives
We all hear “teach with concrete materials” but what are the best ones for various concepts? What if you can’t afford them? How do you effectively handle their use in your classroom? All of these questions will be answered!
- How to Incorporate the Eight Standards for Mathematical Practice to Increase Student Achievement and Interest in Mathematics
Based on the concepts of making connections, using manipulatives and models appropriately, incorporating more written and oral communication, and strengthening problem-solving skills, the Math Practice Standards will get your students actively engaged in learning and understanding of the relevance of math
- Best-of-the-Best Mathematical Resources
Resources abound, but sorting out the ones that best address your state standards and the needs of your grades 3-6 grade students is a challenge … Literature ties, classroom management, curriculum materials, and teaching ideas – you’ll leave with great resources for all of these and more
- Immediately Boost Your Students’ Math Confidence and Achievement in Grades 3-6
Learn classroom-proven strategies for building students’ confidence that will build math success and achievement … A wealth of information from one who has been there, done that!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Differentiated, practical ideas, strategies and resources to strengthen your math instruction and increase student math performance in grades 3-6
- How to make simple changes that have a powerful impact on student retention and understanding of math skills and concepts
- Practical activities and ideas that will strengthen your students’ fluency, retention and understanding of basic facts, whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Inexpensive, easy-to-make manipulatives that make student learning easier and more concrete
- Universal strategies to make differentiated math instruction easier and more successful
- Many motivating activities and games for incorporating “fun” into computation and problem-solving lessons
- Creative and fun ways to develop multiplication and division fact fluency
- Ways to help students understand place value and its important role in re-grouping in whole numbers and decimals and in partial product and partial quotient work
- Effective ways to incorporate estimation and mental math into computation and problem solving
- Specific techniques that focus on long-term retention through deep understanding of concepts
- Excellent tips for reducing math anxiety for both the teacher and the students, especially at assessment time
- Classroom-proven ideas for successfully integrating calculators into the teaching of computation and problem solving
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
“I love math!” or “Math is my favorite subject.” or “This math is fun.” or “Oh I get it now!” Don’t you wish you could hear these words more often? I say that you can. Only teachers can understand the pure joy that comes from hearing statements such as these. My goal for this seminar is for you to hear more students utter these words.
During this seminar, I will share numerous strategies and ideas which can act as guidelines for transforming your classroom into a fun journey through math success. We’ll practice with inexpensive manipulatives and materials that bring mathematics to life. I’ll answer your questions and make it as easy as possible for you to take the ideas and activities straight back to use in your classroom. We’ll focus on fact fluency, whole number operations, fractions and decimals, number sense, geometry concepts, and problem-solving skills that directly align with your state standards.
The emphasis of this seminar will be to share strategies, activities and classroom guidelines that allow you and your students enjoy the teaching and learning process again. By teaching students how mathematics concepts and procedures are connected, by showing them that mathematics can (and should be) fun and by helping them see how mathematics can be applied to real life, mathematics can change from the elusive “memorize and manipulate” process to a powerful and easy-to-use tool in the eyes of your students.
I am so proud to be a teacher and always feel such energy when I get to spend the day with others who also chose teaching as their profession. I understand the demands of standardized testing, the challenge of today’s students and the always-present pressure of “not enough time.” Whether you are a new teacher looking for ideas, a veteran hoping to recharge, or a coach or administrator wanting to better understand the current trends in mathematics, this seminar is for you. I look forward to sharing the wealth of ideas and strategies that I have discovered or developed through years of searching for better answers.
Lee Anne Coester, PhD
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Hands-on activities and ideas to strengthen your students’ understanding and retention of basic facts, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, geometry, and measurement concepts
- Classroom-proven and research-based resources for improving your students’ problem-solving skills
- Differentiated instructional strategies for grouping, questioning and active learning
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in significantly increasing their grades 3-6 students ’ math skills.
Lee Anne Coester will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.