Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Keeping Students Actively Engaged in Math Activities While You Teach Small Groups
Presented by Gale Pukall
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2, Title I Teachers, Special Educators, Gifted and Talented Teachers, Math Coaches, District Math Coordinators, and Administrators
Outstanding strategies for effectively preparing students for productive independent work
- Innovative math centers and independent math activities to engage students while you work with small groups
- Timesaving management and organizational routines that foster independent work skills and strengthen basic math skills
- Practical techniques for differentiating students’ independent work
- Teacher-friendly math centers and activities that maximize instructional time and reinforce skills that have been taught
- A wealth of practical and creative math activities that are easy to implement in any K-2 classroom that align with the Common Core State Standards
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for ways to engage your students in meaningful math activities while you work with smaller groups? Would you like to discover practical, engaging math centers and activities that don’t take a lot of teacher prep time but help students develop independent work skills? Do you want your students to become independent learners and thinkers, building their confidence and sense of responsibility?
This outstanding seminar has been designed for grades K-2 teachers who are seeking innovative, classroom-tested ideas and strategies that will engage all your students while you work with smaller focus groups.
Gale Pukall will provide you with a wealth of useful, teacher‑friendly activities and math centers that will enable your students to apply math practice independently while you work with small groups. You will learn organization and management tips as your students strengthen their math skills in all mathematical areas.
You will leave this exciting seminar with the information you need to establish routines for your math program as students become more accountable for their independent work. Your K-2 students will feel good about math and their successes!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Strengthen Your Current Math Program
Learn how to keep your students actively engaged in a wide variety of independent math activities that reinforce and strengthen basic math skills while you teach small focus groups
- Prepare Your Students for Independent Learning
Learn the best methods for helping your students become independent learners … Pick and choose from a wide selection of independence-building activities and centers
- Discover Independent Activities and Math Center Ideas That Target Your Students’ Needs
Innovative, teacher-friendly math activities and centers that will keep your students actively engaged while you work with smaller math groups
- Increase the Variety of Independent Activities for Your Students
Discover a wide array of independent activities that target the learning needs and interests of all your students … Highly motivating ideas that build independent math skills while holding your students’ interest
- Learn Timesaving Methods for Collecting Student Data
Quick, timesaving methods for collecting student data to use when developing and implementing math activities … Teacher-friendly ways to assess how well your students are completing their independent work
- Specific Ways to Help Your Students Stay On Task While They Are Engaged in Independent Math Activities
Classroom-tested ideas for organizing math learning time … Management ideas that help your students to stay focused on their independent work while you are engaged with smaller groups
- Design Activities that Deepen Your Students’ Understanding of Key Math Skills
Increase your students’ understanding of key math skills … Dozens of valuable ideas for creating independent math activities that develop a deeper understanding of key math concepts and enhance your students’ math skills
- Increase Student Achievement in All Areas of Your Current Math Program
Innovative, high-interest activities that will increase the skills of all your students … Ideas for differentiating your math instruction to meet the needs of all levels of understanding
- Boost Your Students’ Sense of Responsibility for Their Own Learning
Lead your students toward assuming more responsibility for their own learning … Maximize your teaching time to focus on direct, small group math instruction while the rest of the class is engaged in meaningful independent math activities
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Return to your classroom with a wealth of practical ideas, motivating activities and engaging centers that will enable your students to apply mathematical principles independently while you work with small groups
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
Outstanding strategies to be used immediately as part of your math curriculum
- How to increase student self-confidence through working independently
- Math centers and activities to supplement and enrich your math program
- Integrating NCTM Standards into your classroom
- How to develop and implement centers and activities in order to differentiate instruction
- Valuable math strategies designed for students in grades K-2
- Classroom-proven management ideas
- Effective techniques for identifying students’ math learning needs
- How to use math centers to engage your students while you work with smaller groups
- How to develop a routine that makes management and organization teacher-friendly
- Student-friendly centers and activities for independent student work
- How to vary centers and activities to keep students highly engaged
- Meaningful ways for students to be productive and independent
- Higher-level centers and activities for student growth
- Techniques for assessing student strengths and weaknesses in math in order to provide appropriate lessons and activities
- Useful and practical hands-on strategies to implement immediately
- Outstanding examples of materials including samples of student work
- Become knowledgeable about small group math instruction
- How to effectively prepare a student routine to improve independent work
- Methods for incorporating current research on effective math instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Development in math is vital to students’ academic growth! Students at the primary level need specific, targeted small group math instruction. What are the other students doing while the teacher is working with a small group? During our day together, I will provide you with numerous strategies for independent activities and math centers, as well as techniques for managing and organizing your classroom.
I am very excited to share with you research-based and classroom-tested ideas that you will be able to adapt into your classroom. Throughout the day we will learn how to highly engage students in a variety of independent math activities that cover the content and process standards of CCSS and NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics). Student work samples will be shared so you can see the progress and effectiveness of math centers and independent activities.
Just some ideas to be presented include:
- Highly engaging and motivating independent math activities
- Teacher and time-friendly math centers
- Ways to organize and manage your instructional time to maximize student learning
- Ways to boost your students’ sense of responsibility and independence for learning
Yes ... kindergarten through second grade students can both work and learn independently. Your leadership and coaching will be essential as this happens in your classroom.
Please join me for a day filled with practical ideas and suggestions that will enhance your K-2 grade students’ math skills!
P.S. The day will focus on practical strategies you can use immediately in your own classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades K-2, Title I Teachers, Special Educators, Gifted and Talented Teachers, Math Coaches, District Math Coordinators, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
Effective ways to prepare students for productive, independent work
- Examples of student work
- Activities that deepen students’ understanding of key math skills and concepts
- Ways to manage your instructional time to maximize student learning and achievement
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their K-2 program.
Gale Pukall will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.