Keeping Students Actively Engaged in Math Activities While You Teach Small Groups
Presented by Mary Peterson
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 3-6
- Innovative, classroom-tested strategies for effectively preparing your students for productive, independent work while you teach small math groups
- Outstanding strategies for incorporating the Common Core State Standardsand organizing math learning time for maximum student success
- Discover a variety of motivating iPad® apps and engaging websites to help students master math skills
- A wealth of ready-to-use math activities based on the Common Core State Standards
- Tried-and-tested techniques for differentiating students’ independent math choices
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with highly practical activities to strengthen the math skills of all your students
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Intermediate grade students need direct small group math instruction to maximize their math skills. But what are the rest of the students doing while the teachers work with small groups? This outstanding seminar has been designed to help you answer this key question with practical, easy-to-use methods designed for grades 3-6.
To help you implement powerful math instruction and independent practice, Mary Peterson will demonstrate and explain practical organizational systems and time-efficient monitoring strategies. She will fill the day with a wealth of math ideas you can take back to your classrooms and implement immediately with your own students. Join Mary for this exceptional opportunity to learn exciting math activities – all based on the Common Core State Standards.
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with timesaving ideas proven to maximize your effectiveness in meeting the diverse needs of your students and accelerate the math achievement of all your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Current Math Program
Discover how to keep your students actively engaged in a wide variety of independent math activities while you re-teach and reinforce the math your students need to learn in small groups … Ideal activities aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- Organize Manageable Math Learning Centers for Maximum Student Success
Discover practical organizational systems and time-efficient monitoring strategies … All without spending unreasonable amounts of time on preparation and grading
- Incorporate the Best, Current Research on Effective Math Instruction
Proven strategies for using the most current research to help students learn independently and retain key math skills
- Boost Your Students’ Sense of Responsibility for Their Own Learning
Lead your students toward assuming more responsibility for their math development as you maximize teaching time to focus on direct small group math interventions
- Creative Ways to Review and Re-teach Math Concepts
Learn multiple ways to reinforce the skills you have taught during whole group instruction … How to make learning centers a powerful tool to strengthen student learning
- Design Activities that Deepen Students’ Mathematical Thinking
Help your students become more thoughtful when engaged in independent math activities … Dozens of valuable ideas for creating more meaning and interest in independent math activities
- Significantly Decrease the Stress of Learning Math
Add creative, fun activities to your math block that grab students’ interest, ignite their natural curiosity and reinforce their ability to succeed in math
- New Ways to Use Math Centers and Other Approaches to Differentiate Instruction
Strengthen your math instruction with outstanding techniques that address the diverse needs of your students from high-achieving to those at-risk … Learn dozens of strategies for helping your students learn independently while you work with small math groups
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Return to the classroom with a wealth of practical ideas, motivating activities and engaging centers that will enable your students to apply best math practices independently while you work with small groups
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques … All ideas are easy to implement and ready for immediate use
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies to organize, implement and manage math centers
- Techniques to make the most of your valuable instructional time
- How to implement outstanding math learning centers with minimal preparation and expense
- iPad apps and websites to help students retain and apply math concepts
- Highly effective strategies to reinforce students’ math skills and ensure their success
- Manageable ways to meet the needs of all your students in mathematics
- Proven activities for math centers that reinforce student learning
- Creative ways to review and re-teach math concepts to students who need it most
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities
- Innovative, flexible techniques to meet the diverse needs and abilities of your students in guided math groups
- Creative, fun ways to review, re-teach and reinforce math concepts
- Practical, easy-to-implement independent activities that excite students about math
- Hands-on math activities that engage all learners
- Classroom-proven strategies to increase student achievement in mathematics
- Outstanding ways to enhance the effectiveness of your current math program
- Creative ideas to engage even your most reluctant students
- Proven strategies that support students’ ability to communicate math ideas
- A wealth of ways to incorporate real-life math applications
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Meeting the diverse math needs of all our students is a major challenge. One of the most effective ways to meet these needs is in guided math groups where the teacher meets with a small group of students, all focused on a math skill that was previously introduced during whole group instruction, but which these students have not yet fully grasped. While the small group is receiving the re-teaching and support they require to be successful at math, what is the rest of the class doing? In this seminar, I will answer that question. I will share with you how to incorporate math learning centers and many other approaches that will keep the rest of the students engaged independently or in collaborative groups. These activities are designed to reinforce math skills as well as challenge and motivate students across all of the math strands.
You will receive dozens of exciting activities, based on the Common Core State Standards, to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current math program. I will share a wealth of motivating and innovative real-life math experiences, fact mastery games, strategies to increase math reasoning skills, and so much more. All the activities in this seminar are practical, easy to implement and classroom proven to increase math confidence and competence for grades 3-6 students.
Throughout the day, I will share management techniques to successfully implement math learning activities that will keep your students working independently while you work with small groups. I will give you dozens of games, projects and practical, easy-to-implement activities that you can use immediately in your own math learning centers. Several student math projects and math games will be on display, and you are encouraged to take pictures. My goal is for you to leave with renewed excitement and many practical ideas you will be able to use immediately. Please join me for this highly practical and engaging day.
P.S. If you want practical ideas for highly effective math learning activities that you can use immediately in your own classroom to meet the diverse needs of your students, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and other educators teaching mathematics in Grades 3-6.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar. Included in the handbook you will find:
- A wealth of practical, ready-to-use strategies to increase students’ math achievement
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated math instruction that will enhance your existing program
- Games, activities, lesson plans, and copy-ready pages for immediate implementation
- Easy-to-implement ideas for math centers that involve all students
- Activities that generate active participation and promote learning across the math strands
Materials on Display
As a participant at the seminar, you will have the opportunity to view student math projects and math games. You may want to bring a camera!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their grades 3-6 math programs.
Mary Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.