Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Instructional Strategies to Help Your Students Meet or Exceed Your
STATE MATH STANDARDS
Presented by Dr. Barbara Blanke
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Mathematics in Grades 3-5: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Mathematics Specialists and Coaches, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical, ready-to-use strategies to ensure that students meet or exceed your state standards in mathematics in grades 3-5
- Innovative, engaging, accessible resources to differentiate your math instruction in order to meet the diverse needs of all your students
- Highly effective visual models and activities you can use immediately to increase your students’ motivation, engagement and success in mathematics
- Outstanding resources and research-based best practices to boost students’ mastery of your state standards, including multi-digit computation and fractions
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with dozens of valuable resources, strategies, ready-to-use tips and tools to implement highly effective math lessons in grade 3-5 that meet your rigorous state standards and ensure student success in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for a wealth of teacher-friendly, practical strategies to enhance your students’ mastery of the skills and concepts aligned with your state standards in mathematics, you won’t want to miss this dynamic, NEW seminar. Throughout the day, you will gain classroom-proven ideas and powerful resources for engaging ALL your learners as they develop the mathematical skills, practices, and habits of mind as required by your state standards – in ways that students love to learn! Throughout this fast-paced, strategy-filled seminar, Dr. Barbara Blanke will share dozens of practical, “take right back to your classroom” ideas to differentiate your math instruction and significantly increase student achievement. Barbara will demonstrate and model highly effective lessons, complete with the tools you can use to implement them immediately in your own classroom.
Whether you are a teacher new to grades 3-5 or have experience teaching in the intermediate grades, you will find Barbara’s ideas to include innovative concepts that will enhance your math instruction and notably deepen your students’ understanding of some very tricky math concepts required by your state standards, including multi-digit computation and fractions.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with new insights, practical strategies, an extensive resource handbook, and classroom-proven instructional tips that will fully engage your students. Come and discover dozens of exciting ways to enhance your students’ math skills, then return to your classroom and observe your students’ motivation and enthusiasm soar for mathematics!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Practical Strategies to Help Students Meet Your Math Standards
Discover dozens of classroom-proven techniques and valuable tools to enhance progress in meeting your state standards in mathematics … How to ensure that your students’ meet or exceed these rigorous standards
- Tap into Highly Effective Teaching Techniques to Enhance Your Mathematics Instruction
Classroom-proven techniques for setting up highly motivating math lessons that your students will enjoy … Strategies for differentiating your instruction that respect your time and keep students focused and excited about learning math
- Maximize Every Student’s Success in Mathematics
Unlock the power of visual models and creative ideas to build your students’ interest in math in ways that maximize their success – from those who excel in math to those who struggle with basic math skills
- Engage Your Students in Highly Motivating Activities
Explore a rich variety of scaffolded organizers and outstanding math activities to keep students actively involved and excited about learning mathematics … Proven ways to help your students master your state standards
- Take an In-Depth Look at Teaching Problem Solving
State standards call for students to develop a deep understanding of the relationship between various number concepts … Explore proven strategies that enable students to understand and solve rich problems with fluency, ease and confidence
- See the Results from Using Today’s Best Resources
Engage your students in motivating, “just right” activities that will positively influence their performance on high-stakes testing associated with your state standards in math … Take advantage of the power of outstanding instructional resources to enhance student achievement
- Explore Proven Techniques to Keep Students Fully Focused on Your State Standards
See how the power of “just in time” teaching keeps students fully on track and positively motivated … How to guide students’ mastery of your state standards that address number sense, numerical reasoning, computational fluency, and problem solving
- Significantly Decrease the Stress of Learning Math
Add creative, fun activities to your teaching repertoire … Discover outstanding games, activities, investigations, and visual models that will grab students’ interest, ignite their natural curiosity and reinforce their ability to make sense of the math skills and concepts they need to know
- Discover New Ways to Use Manipulatives to Deepen Your Students’ Math Skills
Explore a variety of standards-based activities using simple manipulatives as powerful tools … Fresh ideas to actively involve your students in mastering the key standards and practices required by your state standards
- Receive an Extensive Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook containing dozens of ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials for teaching your state standards … All ideas are designed specifically for grades 3-5 and can be implemented immediately in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of powerful, practical ideas to increase your students’ motivation, involvement and success in learning the skills and concepts required by your state standards in mathematics
- Practical, timesaving ideas for teaching your state standards in numerical reasoning, computational fluency and fractions
- Proven techniques to create positive math learning experiences for every student
- Tips, tools and proven strategies for differentiating your math instruction to meet every student’s needs
- Powerful questioning techniques that promote adaptive reasoning skills in math
- How to design outstanding math lessons using visual models that meet the needs of ALL your students
- Creative ways to build your students’ understanding of math vocabulary to increase their skills and understanding
- Highly effective ways to teach problem solving – a critical component of state standards for math in grades 3-5
- Proven techniques to involve students in “seeing and doing” math with effective visual models to enhance your current math instruction
- Specific ideas that will enable you to positively impact student comprehension of mathematics
- Where to find some of the best math resources that provide engaging activities
- Creative, fun ways to review and reinforce basic math concepts and skills required by your state standards in mathematics
- Innovative techniques to use math manipulatives for standards-based lessons in grades 3-5
- Just-in-time tips for facilitating “math talk” in your classroom
- Practical, effective strategies to implement engaging math lessons to teach your state standards in mathematics
- Strategies to build number sense, computational fluency and facility with fractions through the use of exemplary math activities designed specifically for grades 3-5
- Outstanding ideas to engage ALL students – including those who struggle with math, those who are ready for enrichment, your ELL students, and those who are working at grade level
- Valuable scaffolding techniques to successfully teach your state standards to ALL learners
- Creative strategies that help students develop a deeper understanding and ability to apply mathematics to new and novel situations
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas to make your state standards in math come alive in your classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Without a doubt, the mathematics skills required in your state standardsset much higher standards for students in grades 3-5 than ever before. It is essential that we fully engage our students in mathematics in ways that will help them develop the skills they need to meet or exceed your state standards in number sense, computational fluency, fractions, problem solving, and reasoning. This involves learning powerful mathematical ideas, rather than a collection of disconnected procedures for carrying out calculations. This seminar will give you dozens of ideas and a wealth of practical strategies to do just that!
Throughout the day, we will look at the most effective instructional practices and timesaving techniques to differentiate lessons in mathematics to help our students meet or exceed the new math standards – a big challenge for those of us who work with intermediate grade students. I will share many powerful, classroom-proven techniques that are highly effective in helping us meet our students’ needs while addressing the depth required by your state standards. One of the most effective ways to do this is by supporting deep understanding of essential math concepts with the use of visual models that enable our students to develop strong number sense and numerical reasoning skills.
Please plan to join me for a fast-paced day, filled with engaging, ready-to-use ideas. It is my goal that you leave this seminar with a wealth of strategies and practical ideas you can easily implement in your classroom instruction. I look forward to meeting you and sharing my ideas and experiences during our day together. You will leave with a new repertoire of highly useful strategies and engaging lessons that will support you and all of your students as you deepen their understanding of the skills and concepts required by your state standards.
Barbara Blanke, Ph.D.
P.S. You’ll leave this seminar inspired, enthusiastic and ready to integrate visual models and problem solving into your mathematics curriculum. In addition, you’ll have a toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use, engaging, and innovative ideas to instill math confidence in all your students!
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in Grades 3-5: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Mathematics Specialists and Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Ready-to-use materials that align to your state standards in mathematics for grades 3-5
- Practical ideas for deepening your students’ understanding of computational fluency and fractions
- Teacher-friendly tips that generate active participation, math talk, promote higher-level thinking, develop problem-solving strategies, and support basic skills proficiency
- Engaging, hands-on activities for helping students meet or exceed your state standards in mathematics
- Research-based visual models that will support your students’ deeper understanding of mathematics
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their students ’ mathematical skills with innovative teaching strategies
Barbara Blanke will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.