Help Your Students Meet and Exceed the
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2, Classroom Teachers, Title I Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Math Coaches, District Math Coordinators, and Administrators
- Outstanding strategies to help your students meet and exceed the Common Core standards for NUMBER SENSE
- Practical and manageable activities you can use immediately – with your own math curriculum – to help students increase their understanding of NUMBER SENSE
- Discover teacher-friendly, timesaving NUMBER SENSE activities that can enhance and strengthen your K-2 math instruction
- Receive an extensive math resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative NUMBER SENSE math activities ideal for grades K-2
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly engaging, NEW seminar, nationally recognized primary teacher and math leader, Gale Pukall, will share a wealth of ideas and strategies for improving your students’ understanding of the Common Core standards for NUMBER SENSE for grades K-2. She will explore in-depth how to integrate activities to build number sense into your already existing math curriculum and strengthen your students’ mathematical understanding and achievement.
Throughout the day, Gale will share dozens of activities and techniques to create engaging, rigorous, standards-based lessons specifically designed for grades K-2. Using ideas she has successfully used with her own students, Gale will share both whole class and small group activities and instructional strategies. Join Gale for this dynamic, idea-filled seminar.
You will leave this high-energy day with a broader, more comprehensive understanding of how to integrate the Common Core standards for NUMBER SENSE into your daily math instruction and how to increase your students’ understanding and achievement in math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Current Math Program
Receive innovative ideas and new approaches to give your students the skills they need to master the Common Core standards of Number Sense … Teacher-friendly ideas designed specifically for grades K-2
- Specifics Ways to Implement the Common Core Math Standards for Number Sense
Dozens of valuable ideas for creating activities and lessons that will increase your students’ understanding of Number Sense … Use classroom-tested techniques to differentiate instruction in order to meet the mathematical needs of all students
- Strategies for Increasing Your K-2 Students’ Proficiency with the Base-Ten Number System
Take away a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies to increase your students’ proficiency using the base-ten number system as it applies to operations of algebraic thinking
- Highly Practical Strategies to Deepen Your K-2 Students’ Understanding of Number Sense
Powerful, fun and engaging activities to help your students develop a strong sense of numbers and increase their addition and subtraction skills
- Learn How to Use the Digits 0-9 for More than Counting and Computation
A wealth of activities for immediate classroom use … Number sense activities that Gale has used with her own K-2 students
- Tap into Hands-On Resources and Manipulatives to Teach Number Sense in Grades K-2
Explore sample lessons and a wealth of activities – all ready to use, hands-on and highly motivating for students in grades K-2
- Assess Students’ Understanding of Number Concepts and Skills
Use classroom-tested assessment techniques to identify students’ strengths and weaknesses – help parents understand what their children know, are able to do, and what they still need to learn
- Discover Powerful Lessons that Can Easily Align with Your Current Math Curriculum
Take the lessons and materials currently being used in your classroom and use them in new, exciting ways … Work smarter, not harder
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Return to your classroom with a wealth of practical ideas, motivating activities and engaging centers that will enable your students to apply the key principles and mathematical concepts to meet and exceed the Common Core State Standards in math for grades K-2
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook Designed Specifically for Grades K-2
Included in this handbook are dozens of practical and valuable math lessons, activities and ideas to increase your students’ understanding of number sense – ideas you can immediately use in your own classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Many hands-on lessons that you can use to strengthen your K-2 students’ understanding of numbers
- A wealth of ways to differentiate instruction in your classroom to meet and exceed the core standards for number sense
- Diverse number sense lessons including whole group, small group, partner, and individual activities
- Use a variety of genres of literature as a mathematics connection to increase your students’ proficiency with number sense
- Learn how to do a “close” read as part of mathematics and number sense
- Deepen your students’ understanding – as well as your own – of number sense as it applies to CCSS
- Connect number sense to algebraic thinking and our base-ten number system
- Learn ways to appropriately assess students using both formal and summative assessments
- Simple ideas that parents can use at home to help their children learn math concepts
- Examples of materials including samples of student work from grades K-2
- Make management and organization of work stations or centers teacher-friendly
- Effective techniques for identifying students’ math learning needs
- Learn how to use and make tools helpful for K-2 students to develop strong number sense including bead counters, ten frames and dot images
- Provide opportunities for students to explore the relations between numbers
- Teacher-friendly ways to convert class lessons to work stations for review and practice
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Development and understanding of number sense is vital to students’ understanding the depth of our number system. Strong number sense correlates to strong understanding of our base-ten system and algebraic thinking. I have designed this seminar to provide you with new instructional strategies that promote thinking and reasoning. You will receive hands-on activities that deepen students’ understanding and will help your students meet and exceed the Common Core standards for number sense. I will provide you with a variety of strategies so you CAN meet all the needs and learning styles of the students you teach daily.
I am very excited to share with you classroom-tested ideas that you will be able to adapt into your classroom and into your current math program – ideas I have successfully used with my own K-2 students. Throughout the day, we will learn to engage students in many independent, partner, small group, and whole group activities and lessons designed for developing strong number sense. I enjoy using literature as part of my math lessons, so some “old favorites” and newly released titles will be used throughout the day. And, of course, there is always the concern of assessments so I will provide formative and summative assessment ideas specifically designed for grades K-2 that can be put to immediate use.
Just some of the ideas to be presented include:
- How to use number sense as a method to compose and decompose numbers
- How to create a classroom where students make connections to other mathematical concepts using number sense
- Practical and creative activities that can be easily implemented in any K-2 classroom
- Specific ways to boost students’ self-confidence in mathematics – beginning with number sense
Yes … It promises to be a busy, fun-filled day! Please join me for a day filled with practical ideas and suggestions that will enhance your K-2 students’ number sense.
P.S. The day will focus on practical strategies you can use immediately in your own classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Mathematics Specialists and Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Effective ways to help children increase their understanding of number sense
- Examples of student work in grades K-2
- Activities that deepen students’ understanding of key math skills and concepts
- Ways to manage your instructional time to maximize student learning
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their students’ mathematical skills with innovative teaching strategies.
Gale Pukall will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.