Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies to Help Your Students Meet or Exceed the Common Core Mathematics Standards
Presented by Dr. Nicki Newton
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-5: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- A thorough, guided, teacher-centered look at teaching the Common Core mathematics standards for grades 3-5
- Dozens of practical, timesaving strategies for boosting students’ mastery of the Common Core standards for mathematics in your own classroom
- Innovative, engaging, instructional activities you can use immediately – with your current math curriculum – to help your students meet or exceed the rigorous standards
- Motivating, easy-to-implement small group and math learning center ideas that can be used to teach and reinforce the Common Core mathematics standards
- Receive an extensive Common Core mathematics resource handbook filled with a wealth of practical teaching strategies to help your students meet or exceed the math standards in grades 3-5
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly practical seminar, Dr. Nicki Newton will share awealth of ideas for understanding, managing and assessing the rigorous Common Core mathematics standards. She will explore in depth how to teach the Common Core standards to effectively address the diverse needs of your students, including those who struggle with math, those who are ready for enrichment, your English Language Learners, as well as those who are working right at grade level.
Dr. Nicki will show you how to create and manage engaging,rigorous, standards-based activities – using your current mathematics curriculum and materials – for both whole class and small group instruction. Whether you are teaching in a self-contained classroom, a math classroom or a resource program, you will find Dr. Nicki’s ideas to be practical, innovative and ready to use immediately with your own students. Even better, you will be given multiple, proven techniques to help all your students build the math skills and confidence they need to become successful in mathematics.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed enthusiasm about teaching math as well as an extensive resource handbook and a wealth of ideas for helping your students master the Common Core mathematics standards in your own grades 3-5 classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Practical Strategies to Teach the Common Core Math Standards
Discover classroom-proven techniques and valuable tools to teach the rigorous Common Core standards in mathematics … How to cover the required standards by providing instruction that motivates your students and enables them to be successful in mathematics
- Utilize Your Current Math Curriculum and Materials
Learn how to help your students master the Common Core standards with your current math resources and curriculum … See multiple ways to organize your lessons that focus on the standards for your grade level
- Discover New Ways to Use Math Manipulatives to Teach the Common Core Mathematics Standards
Explore a variety of standards-based activities using simple manipulatives as powerful tools … Fresh ideas to actively involve your students in mastering the standards
- Take an In-Depth Look at Teaching Problem Solving
The Common Core standards call for student mastery of word problems … Explore strategies that enable students to understand and solve word problems with fluency, ease and confidence
- Ensure Students Meet the Standards by Differentiating Your Instruction Most Effectively
See how guided math groups make it easier to meet the diverse needs of your students … Specific, manageable techniques to ensure that each student works at the appropriate level to attain the new standards
- Use New Tools and Strategies to Teach the Common Core Standards
Discover widely available, easy-to-use Web 2.0 tools and virtual manipulatives to help your students meet or exceed the standards … Proven ways to excite and sustain learning
- Engage Your Students in Motivating Activities to Learn the Standards
Explore a rich variety of scaffolded organizers and outstanding math games to keep students actively involved and excited about learning mathematics
- Discover Creative Ways to Review and Re-Teach Critical Math Skills and Concepts
Learn multiple ways to reinforce the core standards you have taught … How to use whole group and small group instruction to strengthen student learning
- Tips, Tools and Ready-to-Use Ideas for Powerful Math Centers
Highly effective strategies for setting up manageable math learning centers for grades 3-5 … Creative, engaging activities you can easily use to reinforce and assess student progress in meeting the Common Core standards
- Receive an Extensive Common Core Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a valuable resource handbook with ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials to teach the Common Core math standards. All ideas are designed specifically for grades 3-5
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Step-by-step strategies and techniques to help your students master the Common Core math standards
- Practical, timesaving ideas to reinforce Common Core math skills your students need
- Ready-to-use, sample math activities for each of the five Common Core domains of grades 3-5
- How to align your current math curriculum and materials to focus on the Common Core standards
- Tips for integrating Web 2.0 tools and powerful resources into the teaching of the rigorous math standards
- Highly effective ways to teach problem solving – a key component of the Common Core math standards for grades 3-5
- Specific, classroom-proven ways to differentiate math instruction to meet the diverse needs of your students
- How to use a wealth of engaging, high-interest, motivating activities that build math confidence and competence
- Innovative techniques to use math manipulatives for standards-based lessons in grades 3-5
- Outstanding ways to engage all your students – including those who struggle with math, those who are ready for enrichment, your ELL students, and those who are working at grade level
- Instantly usable tips for facilitating powerful “math talk” in your classroom
- Key ideas for creating and managing differentiated, standards-based, engaging math learning centers
- Powerful games and scaffolded organizers that allow your students to engage in “just right” math activities based on the Common Core standards
- How to implement a balanced approach to standards-based assessment that enables you to focus on the skills your students need most
- Manageable ways to meet the needs of all your students through guided math groups that focus on the Common Core math standards
- Strategies to build number sense and computational fluency through the use of cooperative math activities designed specifically for grades 3-5
- Powerful questioning techniques that promote adaptive reasoning skills
- A wealth of ready-to-use ideas to make the Common Core standards for math come alive in your classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The Common Core standards in mathematics offer us an exciting opportunity to actively engage our students in mathematics and sustain their learning. In this fast-paced seminar, we will explore powerful ways to make these standards come alive for our students. We will engage in hands-on, minds-on, stimulating activities that explore the five domains of the Common Core standards for grades 3-5 and I will give you the tools, strategies and confidence to put the standards fully into practice in your own classroom.
During our day together – focused strictly on practical ideas you can use tomorrow – we will look at the five elements of mathematical proficiency and learn specific ways in which we can teach our students to have conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, strategic competence, adaptive reasoning, and a strong mathematical disposition. We will also look at various ways to ensure that our students learn the eight mathematical practices through standards-based, rigorous, engaging activities across the domains of grades 3-5. In addition, we will spend time looking at highly successful techniques to teach problem solving, as defined by the Common Core standards, focusing on how to teach students to find “solution pathways” instead of jumping to the “solution attempts.”
It is my pleasure to share a wealth of proven ideas for creating, organizing and managing highly successful Common Core standards-based math activities. You will receive specific techniques, instantly usable ideas and timesaving ways to help your students master the Common Core math standards. In addition, you will see proven ways to make every student feel confident while making math comprehensible, engaging and fun.
I look forward to having you join me for an exciting, worthwhile, teacher-centered seminar that will enable you to put the standards into practice in your own grades 3-5 classroom. I will give you dozens of games, math projects and practical, rigorous, ready-to-use activities that you can implement immediately.
Please join me for an exciting day of practical, proven, “right back to your classroom” ideas that will support you and each of your students as you begin to tap into the excitement, energy and enthusiasm of teaching the rigorous Common Core standards in math.
Dr. Nicki Newton
P.S. You will leave this seminar with enthusiasm for teaching the Common Core math standards in your own classroom. And – best of all – you will have a toolkit full of practical, ready-to-use, engaging activities, innovative ideas and scaffolded templates to get started immediately.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Common Core math resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Key ideas and specific tips for teaching the Common Core standards
- A variety of differentiated, scaffolded math templates for using valuable activities across the five mathematics content domains for grades 3-5
- Ready-to-use assessment ideas, including surveys, questionnaires, checklists, and quizzes
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in helping their students master the Common Core mathematics standards in their grades 3-5 math classrooms.
Dr. Nicki will be available at the seminar to answer questions regarding the unique needs of your own grades 3-5 mathematics program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.