Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Strengthen Your Students’ Math Skills
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 2-5: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Dozens of powerful, motivating instructional games and activities that enable students to learn math skills in ways they love to learn – and to remember what they learn!
- Innovative, skill-building games that will increase your students’ success with basic fact fluency, number sense, fractions, decimals, percentages, and problem solving
- Creative ways to build your students’ positive attitude toward math while mastering skills and boosting their confidence
- Highly effective math games and activities to more easily differentiate your math instruction
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with fun, motivating tools that can be used with any math curriculum to help your students learn essential skills in ways that ensure they will never be forgotten
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly engaging seminar, Sherri Adler will share a wealth of ideas and practical strategies for using highly motivating math games and activities to enable all your students to master basic math skills in ways they love to learn.
As teachers, we know how difficult it is to motivate students when they are often presented with math drills and pages of problems from textbooks. Many math curriculums can take the fun out of learning and discourage students from enjoying math. But as Sherri will show you, we can enliven our instruction and help students really master the skills they need to know in ways they fully enjoy. Throughout the day, you will receive a wealth of instructional games and activities that can be implemented the very next day in your classroom, regardless of the math curriculum you are using.
During this fast-paced day, you will be introduced to dozens of math games and activities that will build your students’ self-confidence, foster their positive attitude about math and enable them to master the skills they need to significantly improve their achievement in mathematics. You will learn innovative games that will increase your students’ success with basic fact fluency, number sense, fractions, decimals, percentages, and problem solving skills, as well as ways to easily differentiate games to meet the diverse needs of all your students.
Whether you are teaching in a self-contained classroom, a math classroom or a resource program, you will find Sherri’s ideas to be practical, innovative and highly effective in getting your students actively engaged in learning the math skills they need – in ways that ensure they will never be forgotten.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your Students Master the Skills They Need to Succeed in Math!
Learn how to utilize games as highly effective techniques to practice math skills and reinforce the fun of learning math … See how games can reduce students’ fear of failure, significantly increase their confidence and give them the solid foundation of math skills they need to succeed
- Put the Joy – and Success – Back into Learning Math
Discover a wealth of ways to build the thrill, without the “drill and kill”, of mastering the basic math skills your students need … Increase their fluency with basic facts, number sense, fractions, decimals, percentages, and problem solving
- Discover Fun Mental Math Activities Guaranteed to Build Student Confidence
Our students’ ability to do mental math is critical to their success … Learn a variety of quick-and-easy, no prep techniques you can use on a daily basis to develop key foundational skills and help students really learn what they need to know
- Differentiate Your Math Instruction More Easily
Instructional games are the perfect way to help differentiate your teaching and enable students to practice the specific skills they need … See how to easily adjust games and activities for students working at different levels on different skills
- Boost Students’ Abilities to Master Essential Math Skills and Decrease Anxiety
When students are highly engaged in academic-focused games and activities, they quickly master skills that might otherwise be difficult for them to learn or are quickly forgotten … See the best techniques for using games to encourage and reinforce solid learning in mathematics
- Keep Every Student Actively Involved in Learning Math
Discover how the effective use of instructional games provides hands-on interactive tasks that keep every student fully involved and learning, often working independently of the teacher … How to establish the rules and procedures for using skill-building games that students will want to do both in school and at home
- Use Instructional Games as Highly Effective Assessment Tools in Math
There is much more to assessing students than just paper and pencil tests … Discover how games can help you assess your students’ needs in non-threatening ways that they enjoy
- Stimulate Mathematical Thinking and Problem Solving
Take advantage of the many formats of instructional games to teach students how to strategize, test and apply their math skills in using a variety of approaches to solve problems … How to take the “problems” out of problem solving and enable students to reason, think and enjoy the “game” of solving problems
- Discover the Vast Array of Readily Available Skill-Building Math Games Students Love
Learn how to use multiple games and activities to teach, practice and reinforce the skills your students need to learn … Discover the best board games, strategy games, arithmetical games, matching games, and mystery games your students will love!
- Connect Your Math Standards to Each Instructional Game
Ease the pressure you and your students feel by using games and activities that squarely address the math standards they need to know … See how each game has specific math cognitive objectives and helps students learn math skills in ways they will never be forgotten
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of powerful, motivating instructional games and activities that enable students to learn math skills in ways they love to learn
- Creative ways to build your students’ positive attitude toward math while they master skills and boost their confidence
- Practical ways to use skill-building games that will increase your students’ success with fact fluency, number sense, fractions, decimals, percentages, and problem solving
- Proven techniques to build your students’ confidence and competence with test taking by using games to bolster their skills
- Specific ways to differentiate your instruction and keep students focused on the particular skills they need through the use of games and motivating activities
- Proven methods to teach your students essential math skills in ways that ensure they will never be forgotten
- How to use dozens of instructional games and activities that can be implemented immediately and used to support any math curriculum
- Easy set up, no-cost ways to use skill-building games that teach relevant mental math skills that can be used daily for short bursts of time
- Techniques for using instructional math games in ways that immediately reduce students’ fear of failure in math
- Motivating games and activities that give students the solid foundation of math skills they need to succeed
- Ready-to-use strategies to ensure your students’ mastery of basic math facts
- Excellent tips to greatly enhance problem solving skills and help motivate your shy or reluctant math students to take risks
- Proven ways to assess your students’ math skills without a pencil and paper test – in non-threatening ways that they enjoy!
- Quick strategies to easily adjust instructional games and activities for students working at different levels on different math skills
- How to use the best board games, strategy games, arithmetical games, matching games, and mystery games to fully master the math skills your students need
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Mathematics is my favorite subject to teach and many of my students call it their favorite subject in school. When I empower students with the best and most useful strategies for learning math skills and boosting their confidence, they often tell me math is fun and ask for “more challenging” games and activities. The best part of this is that they truly are learning the skills they need to succeed in math and doing it in ways that ensure those skills won’t be forgotten. Gone are the monotonous math worksheets, the ineffective “drill and kill” strategies and the tedious tasks that effectively curbed my students’ enthusiasm for math and did little to teach them the skills they needed. Instead, I now work with students who are excited about math, see it as fun and are eager to learn.
My belief is that all students can succeed in mathematics. Most just need to be shown new ways to master math skills. Using games and activities as an integral part of my math instruction has been the key to helping my students meet or exceed the math standards they need to master. I’m pleased to have the opportunity to share dozens of the best instructional games and activities I use with my students – regardless of their skill level – to ensure their success in mathematics.
During this NEW seminar, I will share dozens of math games and activities that you can implement immediately in your own classroom. These outstanding hands-on experiences will help foster your students’ love of mathematics and just like me, you’ll find your students asking when they can “play” again and again. Throughout our fast-paced day together, I will share a wealth of activities that will bolster your students’ skills and confidence and significantly improve their math achievement. I will give you the tips and tools to confidently implement these activities into your current lessons, regardless of the math curriculum you use.
Please join me for a lively, exciting day filled with instructional games and activities that will provide your students with the competence and confidence they need to become excited about mathematics. I’ve seen it happen with my own students time after time. I look forward to having you join me for this practical, worthwhile day that will support you in getting your students actively engaged in learning – and loving – how to be successful in any math class.
Who Should Attend
Educators who teach mathematics in grades 2-5: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies for using instructional games and activities to increase student achievement in mathematics
- A wealth of outstanding techniques for building your students’ success with basic fact fluency, number sense, fractions, decimals, percentages, and problem solving
- Step-by-step techniques for differentiating skill-building games to address the diverse needs of your students
- Ready-to-use ideas and resources to boost your students’ competence and confidence in mathematics by ensuring they learn essential math skills
Meet and Share:
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using instructional games and activities to teach students the math skills they need – in ways that ensure they’ll remember them
Sherri Adler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own mathematics program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.