Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Motivating Students to Choose Success:
Powerful Strategies to Increase Students’
Specifically designed for Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Classroom-proven strategies to increase your unmotivated, underachieving students’ motivation and academic success
- Highly-effective practices to increase students’ engagement, grit and determination to achieve academically regardless of their present skill levels
- Practical strategies to create “win-win” scenarios and increase students’ cooperative behaviors, responsibility and learning
- Innovative teaching techniques to increase students’ confidence, perseverance and resilience
- Highly practical methods to reduce power struggles and disruptive behaviors
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you tired of behaviors and attitudes that sap valuable teaching and learning time? Among the many challenges we face as teachers, often the most difficult is how to positively engage our unmotivated, underperforming students.
This NEW, practical seminar is designed to give you powerful, proven techniques to help you respond to “I don’t care,” “I can’t,” and victim mindsets in your students. In this fast-paced seminar, Susan Fitzell will share innovative, powerful ways to increase student motivation, learning and academic success in your classroom.
You’ll come away with a wide variety of strategies to help you transform the lives of your unmotivated, underachieving students. Implementing these valuable strategies will help you improve students’ engagement, attitudes and mindset, giving you back valuable time and energy to teach and cultivate a productive, positive learning environment.
Armed with an extensive resource handbook and a set of powerful strategies, you will leave this seminar with a renewed desire to make a difference in the lives of your most challenging students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Students’ Motivation to Learn and Succeed
Powerful strategies to increase your students’ motivation and academic success
- Gain Effective Strategies to Engage Students
Powerful strategies to increase students’ engagement and on-task behavior
- Develop Students’ Grit and Determination
Increase students’ determination to learn and improve even in the face of setbacks or failures
- Boost Students’ Emotional Intelligence
Gain practical strategies to help students recognize, name and manage their emotions, resulting in better choices, better behavior and greater learning and success
- Enable Students to Make Choices that Lead to Success
Help students make positive choices, put forth their best efforts and realize they are in control of their own destiny, without compromising your autonomy, respect and classroom control
- Allow Students to Own the Consequences of their Choices
Help students experience the related, reality-based outcomes that flow naturally from their choices
- Eliminate Victim Mentality
Help students become aware of and stop playing the victim, which prevents them from becoming successful students
- Effective Ways to Change Students’ Mindsets to the Positive
Learn how to help students choose a positive mindset to increase their academic and behavioral success
- Dozens of New and Valuable Tools to Maximize Learning
Learn specific structures, activities and practices that increase high quality learning, resulting in less behavior problems and greater academic success
- Receive a Valuable and Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a detailed resource handbook filled with the strategies, techniques and activities discussed in the seminar. It will become a well-used reference for you year after year!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Powerful ways to change students’ underlying, self-defeating thoughts into positive, productive attitudes toward learning and academic achievement
- How to help students own their behaviors rather than blame or make excuses
- How to establish and maintain a climate of emotional safety where students follow expected rules in the classroom and at school
- Practical approaches to increase students’ grit, engagement and perseverance with learning
- Proven, solution-focused strategies that lead to win-win rather than anger and revenge outcomes
- Engaging and relevant instructional strategies that increase student interest and time-on-task
- Learn to recognize and diffuse early warning triggers in constructive and healthy ways
- Effective ways to increase students’ frustration tolerance
- How to build resilience through productive inner dialogue
- Respond effectively to “I can’t” language
- Counter the victim stance in all students, including your underachieving students
- Valuable, time-efficient ways to increase students’ independent problem solving and higher-level thinking skills
- Help students want to learn rather than make excuses for not learning
- Effective techniques to help students overcome academic challenges and maximize their strengths
- Timesaving strategies and ways to structure lessons that increase on‑time and on‑task behaviors
- Effective ways to stay emotionally neutral while working with unmotivated students
- Techniques to counteract learned helplessness
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, we want ALL of our students to achieve academic success. Sometimes the challenges and obstacles in our path seem insurmountable. But we CAN make a difference, even with students who are difficult to motivate! There are many proven, practical strategies to increase student motivation, learning and success in the classroom.
Yes, it is possible for you to help your unmotivated, underachieving students to improve their performance and to maximize their potential as learners. I have designed this seminar with dozens of efficient and effective tips, tools and techniques to help you do just that. Among the things I will share with you are ways to help your students learn how to learn and use their strengths to their academic advantage. You will leave with many practical strategies that you can easily implement the very next day. You will also leave knowing that you have the ability to transform the lives of struggling students whom many seem to have given up on.
If you are looking for a burst of inspiration, a collection of powerful, solution-oriented strategies, or affirmation that you are on the right track, I invite you to join me at this seminar. I guarantee you will leave with effective, new strategies for dealing with unmotivated, underachieving students. I look forward to meeting and sharing these practical strategies with you!
Please join me for a day of interactive, powerful solutions to engage, motivate, and empower your students!
P.S. The focus of the day will be on practical, proven strategies for dealing with unmotivated, underachieving students. You’ll learn both motivational AND academic strategies that promote success for all students.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators serving Grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Ways to decrease learned helplessness while increasing success and pride in your students
- Clear steps on how to help students give up the victim stance and take personal responsibility for their choices and actions
- Strategies for reducing and preventing power struggles, apathy and learned helplessness
- Instructional strategies to engage students and increase achievement
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their skills in working with unmotivated, hard-to-reach students.
Susan Fitzell will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and unique needs in reaching your unmotivated, underachieving students.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.