Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Improving Students’ Self-Control, Mindfulness and Relationship Skills to Increase Student Learning
Presented by Sandy Stewart
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades 3-12
- Reduce bullying, risky and aggressive behavior … Increase students’ skills in persisting in challenging situations and making constructive and respectful choices about personal behaviors and social interactions
- Help students better manage stress, depression and personal frustrations, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors … work constructively toward personal and academic goals
- Enable students to develop positive relationship skills, including clearly communicating, listening actively, cooperating, resisting social pressure, and resolving conflicts respectfully with diverse individuals and groups
- Practical strategies for helping your students develop the social and emotional skills essential for academic and life success
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with current research, practical strategies and tools that can be used immediately in your educational setting
Practical Ideas and Materials
If you are searching for practical ways to reduce inappropriate and risky behaviors, help your students better manage their emotions, develop positive, meaningful relationships with others, make more responsible decisions, and handle challenging situations more constructively, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss! In this unique, NEW seminar, outstanding teacher and teacher trainer, Sandy Stewart will show you practical ideas to help your students develop the critical social and emotional competencies needed for success in school and life. Sandy will share proven strategies educators across the country are using to help their students develop social awareness, mindfulness, self-management, social awareness, relationships, and responsible decision making skills. You’ll learn specific strategies to help your students develop healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse people, reach constructive and respectful choices about personal behavior, empathize with others of diverse backgrounds, better manage their own emotions, and increase their learning.
You’ll leave this idea-packed seminar with a comprehensive resource handbook, a wealth of strategies to help students become more socially and emotionally competent and inspired by the potential these strategies have to help all students achieve greater success in school and in life.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Utilize Engaging Teaching Strategies to Promote Academic Success
Learn practical strategies to help students be more focused and reduce emotional tension enabling them to be more open to new content … Incorporate innovative ideas for classroom tasks and strategies that foster academic success
- Teach Students to Better Understand and Manage Their Emotions
Self-management techniques are vital to student success and need to deliberately taught, modeled and promoted in the classroom … Here’s how
- Help Students Form More Positive Relationships with Peers and Adults
Provide students with the tools to develop more positive relationships with diverse peers and adults and specific ways to respectfully resolve conflicts
- Incorporate Mindfulness Activities to Better Focus Students’ Attention, Regulate Emotions and Reduce Stress
Learn practical ways to incorporate mindfulness activities into your classroom to help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions and reduce personal stress
- Practical Strategies to Help All Your Students Develop Essential Social and Emotional Skills
Learn practical ways to help students learn the social and emotional skills they need to succeed in school and life … Discover how improved social and emotional skills can advance academic outcomes and social adjustment while reducing risky and inappropriate behavior
- Establish Classroom Routines that Promote Ethical, Constructive Choices About Personal Behavior
Discover simple ways to help students understand that they have the power to respond to situations in constructive ways … Create a classroom where students are taught to treat each other with fairness and respect
- Help Your Students Understand and Show Empathy for Others
Learn how to teach your students recognize others’ perspectives and have a better sense of their own emotions
- Teach Your Students to Recognize Emotions in Themselves and Others
Teach your students how to identify and express their feelings appropriately through a multitude of strategies … Help students recognize when they need to “slow down” and consider their emotions before acting
- Help Students Make More Thoughtful, Informed and Responsible Decisions
Learn proven strategies for helping students incorporate ethical standards, safety concerns, appropriate social norms, and the likely consequences on themselves and others in the decisions they make
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that will include the research, strategies and activities discussed in the seminar on how to create and sustain social and emotional learning competencies in the classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Specific strategies to help students better regulate their emotions, stress and anxiety, control impulses, and persevere in overcoming obstacles
- Specific ways to help your students assess their feelings, interests and strengths, and become more self-aware
- Engaging strategies for students to establish and maintain healthy and positive relationships, resolve conflicts respectfully and seek help when needed
- Proven ways to engage students in taking the perspective of others, resulting in genuine empathy
- Practical mindfulness activities and exercises that help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions and reduce stress
- Inspiring ideas for creating a joyful learning climate and culture for you and your students
- Practical ways to help students become more responsible decision makers based on ethical standards, respect for others and consequences of their actions
- Realistic, practical strategies for creating an emotionally safe classroom environment
- Simple, daily routines to encourage a sustainable and engaging social and emotional learning environment
- Curricular approaches that embed social and emotional learning instruction into content areas
- Specific active learning techniques to promote a skill-building, whole-child approach focused on cultivating assets
- Practical, proven strategies to help your students develop the five key competencies of social and emotional learning
- What students can do to decrease stress
- Specific techniques to make sure students are active participants and not passive onlookers
- How to apply curricular strategies and content from the social and emotional angle
- The latest research in the neurosciences with specific, classroom-ready applications as they apply to social and emotional learning
- Ways to reduce bullying and aggressive forms of student behavior
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
My first 15 years of teaching were in an inner city setting where I realized very quickly that if I didn’t help students develop critical relationship skills and develop greater self-control over their own behaviors, then I was going to be in a world of trouble. Over time I also began to understand how critical it was to build sincere, genuine relationships and parallel my teaching of academic skills with strategies to teach students the critical, “non-cognitive” social and emotional life skills as well.
Drawing on my more than 25 years of classroom teaching experience, the latest research and insights from extensive additional training, I have designed this seminar to provide you with practical strategies, resources and tools I know will help your students develop greater persistence in challenging situations, make more constructive and respectful choices about their own personal behaviors and social interactions. I’ll also share proven ways to help your students better manage stress, depression and personal frustrations.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Social Workers, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, School Psychologists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators serving grades 3-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Teacher-friendly strategies that are ready for participants to take back and use with their students to support social and emotional learning
- Templates that can be filled in, read, referred to and used by participants during the course of the seminar
- Additional resources
- Examples of ideas that are presented
- Current research to build background knowledge
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the essential social and emotional skills of their grades 3-12 students.
Sandy Stewart will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program to support students’ social and emotional learning.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.