Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Developing Students' Initiative, Ownership and Follow-Through to Create Responsible, Independent and Successful Learners (Grades 3-12)
Presented by Kim Geddie
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades 3-12
- Classroom-proven strategies to increase students' initiative, ownership and follow through to enhance their learning
- Doable, effective ways to strengthen self-management, focus and attention skills for all types of learners, including students with attention-focus challenges
- How to help students own and improve their work effort, learning habits, time management, goals, and more!
- Techniques to dramatically reduce classroom disruptions and power struggles
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you tired of disorganization and procrastination? Are you seeing an increase in students that either don't complete or don't turn in assignments? Do you have students that don't pay attention, study or follow instructions they have been given? Are you tired of students that don't take initiative, set or follow goals, or follow through on tasks to completion? If so, this workshop is for you!
In this NEW seminar with Kim Geddie, you will learn outstanding strategies to turn the tide and help counteract many issues currently standing in the way of your students' success. This interactive workshop is packed with practical, classroom-proven strategies and activities you can implement immediately. Explore effective ways to help students develop strong organizational skills, set and achieve goals, and successfully follow through on targeted tasks. Discover how to develop students' habits of success – now and in the future.
Join Kim for a fast-paced day full of practical solutions. You'll leave with proven techniques and teaching strategies to help students develop the vital skills they need to be responsible, independent and successful learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Innovative Tools to Motivate the Unmotivated, Organize the Unorganized, Help the Underachieving Achieve, and More!
Highly effective strategies to reach unmotivated, unorganized, underachieving students … Expand your professional toolbox with time-efficient strategies to help students complete tasks and projects with organization, accountability and success
- Shift the Responsibility for Learning Where It Belongs – On Your Students
Learn how to empower, engage and effectively shift responsibility for the learning to your students … Build learners who take initiative and independently follow through on academic tasks and expectations
- Increase Students' Collaborative Listening and Speaking Skills
Gain strategies to facilitate successful, productive student communication in small and whole group settings … Explore practical tools that improve students' expressive and receptive language
- Empower Students to Set, Achieve and Reflect on Their Goals
Learn proven goal setting strategies that result in continuous improvement all year long! … Drive students toward success, articulating and reflecting on desired outcomes, and devising "next steps"
- Turn Procrastination into Timely Achievement
Strategically help students plan present and future tasks … Explore effective time management strategies that enhance organization, structure, initiation, and follow through to support student success
- Dramatically Increase Student Initiative Taking and Follow Through
Practical, classroom-tested ways to teach and motivate students to take initiative … Enable students to successfully, consistently break tasks into smaller parts, prioritize, backwards plan, complete tasks, and ultimately self reflect on their success
- Maximize Student Impact with Strategies that Maximize Time
Explore a wealth of easy-to-incorporate strategies ranging from teachable moments to quick "take-aways" you can use at the beginning or end of class, during in-class meetings or advisory times, and across content and curriculum
- Help Students Turn Conflict into Opportunity
Discover a wealth of proven social-emotional learning strategies for helping students overcome challenges … Equip students to transform conflict into positive outcomes and strengthened relationships
- Improve Students' Mindsets and Their Work Effort
Increase self-reliance, self-reflection, perseverance, resilience, work effort, and growth mindset in your students … Explore outstanding strategies you can use across content areas
- Receive a Valuable and Extensive Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive a specially designed resource handbook filled with the techniques, strategies and activities discussed in this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Efficient, quick teachable moments that maximize class time and fit into your day
- Proven ways to strengthen student organization and advance-planning skills
- Effective techniques that guide students to set, reach and reflect upon goals
- How to increase student initiative, responsibility and ownership of their learning
- Strategies to teach and increase students' tendency to follow through
- How to actively develop students' positive growth mindset in your classroom
- Ways to strengthen "work effort traits" including student persistence, resilience and tenacity
- Strategies to help students take a more active role in conflict resolution and problem solving
- Highly effective self-management and self-regulation skills to increase student independence and success
- Practical ways to enable students to turn boredom into creativity and maximize their use of time
- How to improve student behavior through social and communication skills including listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Specific strategies to decrease procrastination while increasing organization and follow through
- Ways to elicit better overall student behavior, satisfaction and performance
- Techniques to move students from excuses and victim mentality to owning and improving their behaviors
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Wouldn't it be great if all of our students functioned independently and responsibly? Responsible students organize themselves and their work, take time to set and reflect upon goals, and realize greater self-satisfaction and success in their experiences as learners – in school and in life.
Disorganized, unprepared students struggle to complete assignments and fall short of reaching expected and otherwise achievable levels of success. Disorganization, procrastination, poor social communication skills, and failure to set, initiate and follow through on goals hurts!
The good news is that it is possible for you to turn the tide and help your students improve their self-management skills, improve their performance, and maximize their potential! I have designed this seminar to help you do just that. You will leave with many practical strategies that you can put to use immediately. I want to equip you with the tools to begin transforming the lives of those students whom many seem to have given up on. In a short amount of time, you will be telling others emphatically, "This works!"
Whether you are looking for a new spark, a collection of helpful strategies or a pat on the back, I invite you to join me at this seminar. I guarantee you will leave with innovative, new strategies for successfully dealing with students facing an array of challenges including disorganization, poor attention and procrastination. I look forward to meeting and sharing this material with you!
P.S. If you could transform the life of just one student this year your time will have been well spent. Invest a day with me and gain practical strategies that can make a life-changing difference for the students with whom you work.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades 3-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Effective strategies to increase students' organization, goal setting, initiation, and follow through, especially those who are disorganized or procrastinate
- Clear, practical ways to develop students' skill and tendency to take initiative and follow through in your classroom
- Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques to boost students' success in working collaboratively and resolving conflicts with their peers
- Tips, techniques and activities you can use to foster a positive growth mindset and strong work ethic in all students
- Engaging activities that foster successful, independent learning while strengthening reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- Ways to move students from a victim or entitled mentality to taking responsibility and ownership for their learning
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in developing responsible, independent and successful learners.
Kim Geddie will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.