Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Powerful, Practical Strategies for Working Successfully with "I Don't Care!" and Underperforming Students to Increase Their School Success (Grades 3-12)
Presented by Ernie Chapin
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3 12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators
- Practical strategies for working successfully with students who come to school with an "I don't care!" response to seemingly everything – learn how to respond in simple yet effective ways – whether you're teaching at school or online
- Ideas to prevent power struggles, apathy and disruptive behaviors
- Short-term and long-term strategies for working with unmotivated and often, disruptive students
- Ideas for goal-setting, solving problems and most importantly, changing behavior
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Everyone wants to know how to reach their students who are unmotivated, underperforming and claim to not care about school. This powerful, entertaining and inspiring live online seminar will demonstrate successful strategies you can use in your classroom or school to make positive changes in your challenging students. Many of us are frustrated with the numerous students who have "checked out," are disengaged, unmotivated, and underperforming. We know the symptoms, but don't always know the solutions.
The good news is that there is hope and there are strategies to begin to stop the cycle of helplessness these students experience. This one-day seminar will not only cover practical ideas, strategies and techniques to help increase your success with these challenging students, but will also transform how you respond to your students and how you teach.
You will receive numerous ideas and strategies to help you guide students toward making positive behavior changes whether you are teaching at school or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies and Ideas to Help You Work Successfully with Students who Exhibit an "I Don't Care!" Attitude
Practical, doable ways to respond to and work with students who say "I don't care!" … What you can do to help these challenging students begin to develop the desire to work, be productive and put forth effort in order to find success in school and life – whether you're teaching at school or online
- Break the Cycle of Discouragement in Students Who "Just Don't Care"
Practical strategies to begin to break the feeling of helplessness in students who insist they don't care about school … Guide students in reframing their negative thoughts and perceptions into a more positive growth mindset
- When and Why Contracts and Punishment Don't Work with Disruptive and Underperforming Students
Yes, there needs to be accountability, but punishment is not the answer … Learn new ways to get students to take responsibility for their actions
- Dozens of Ideas for Motivational Lessons
From handling mistakes to accepting responsibility, anger management, goal setting, problem solving … All presented in easy-to-teach/easy-to-learn lessons
- Develop Positive Relationships with Underperforming Students
Powerful techniques to establish productive relationships with difficult students … Effectively deal with disrespectful behaviors while handling your own counter aggression … Proven methods to decrease disrespectful behaviors and effectively address them when they occur
- Effective Ways to Stay Emotionally Neutral and Objective
Don't let students entangle you and their classmates in negative behaviors … Discover how to stay objective so you can begin to defuse challenging situations
- Practical Strategies to Empower Rather than Enable Students
In-class ideas to get more constructive and positive behavior from your unmotivated and underachieving students … Empower your students to see their potential and reach for it
- Break the Cycle of Alienation Many "I Don't Care" Students Feel
Practical techniques and methods that instill hope and foster greater academic success for "I don't care" students … Help your "I don't care" students find greater purpose in school and life
- Help "I Don't Care" Students Learn How to Set Goals in School and in Life
Specific ways to guide "I don't care" students in setting realistic goals for both school success and life outside of school … Learn how to empower appropriate visions and to teach plans for attaining them
- Receive a Valuable and Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive a detailed digital handbook filled with the strategies, techniques and activities discussed in the seminar that will become a well-used reference for you year after year
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Outstanding strategies for working with students who consistently say, "I don't care!" – whether you're teaching at school or online
- Specific strategies to adjust your responses to help guide students toward their own behavior change
- How to help students reframe their negative thoughts and perceptions into a more positive growth mindset
- When and how to ignore negative, self-destructive behaviors
- When and why contracts and rewards don't work with "I don't care!" students, and innovative alternatives
- Pitfalls of behavior plans and how to revise them to work
- How to take yourself out of the conflict cycle when teaching underperforming and unmotivated students
- Learn the roles anxiety, depression and self-esteem play in your underachieving students
- Numerous relationship-building ideas you can easily incorporate
- How to encourage positive change in "I don't care!" students
- Practical methods to empower and re-engage students who have given up
- How to maintain your enthusiasm and energy while teaching apathetic students
- Discover ways to help your most challenging students develop the desire to learn and work to their personal potential
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Today, more than ever, educators face a variety of challenges in the classroom. These challenges range from increased accountability to students who come to school angry, hostile, disinterested, unmotivated, disconnected from society, and with an "I don't care" attitude. As educators, we share many of the same frustrations and have many of the same questions about how to successfully teach disengaged, uncaring students. These questions often include:
- How can I teach when students are disrespectful, disruptive, disinterested, or simply don't care?
- How can I successfully deal with classroom challenges and disruptions?
- What do I do when students "push my buttons?"
- How do I deal with disrespectful students without losing credibility or authority with my other students?
- How can I avoid power struggles?
We appreciate your desire to experience a seminar designed to help difficult, disengaged, uncaring students find more success in school and life. We want to help you not only deal with students who don't care but also to develop the skills and attitude to make it less likely that challenges will occur in the future.
We have worked successfully with challenging students for many years, students who are angry, hostile and disruptive. In our day together, we want to share the ideas, strategies, techniques, and methods that we have seen work with even the most challenging, disengaged students.
Please join us for the day and discover practical, common-sense ways that we can successfully deal with and help students who come to school or class with an "I don't care" attitude.
P.S. The emphasis will be on practical and proven techniques that are successful with even the most difficult, defiant students whether you're teaching at school or online.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 3-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants, School Psychologists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use strategies for all students, even those who seem to not care
- Relationship-building lessons for teacher-to-student AND student-to-student
- Anger and conflict resolution lessons
- Ways to improve the motivation of your students
Your instructors will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.