Making Best Use of Cutting-Edge Technology to Enhance Learning and Teaching in Your KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM
Presented by Sue Holt
Specifically Designed for Kindergarten Teachers and Technology Specialists Who Work with Kindergartners and Administrators
- Discover the latest, most effective apps and strategies for using iPads, Android tablets, Chromebooks, and other mobile devices to significantly enhance learning in your kindergarten program
- Increase learning and motivate your kindergartners with practical strategies for using apps, mobile devices and technology projects in your kindergarten classroom
- Practical tips and tools to effectively and efficiently use mobile devices to accelerate and differentiate learning for all kindergartners, including your struggling and gifted students
- Explore the best websites and latest innovations that are shaping the future of effective instruction and reaching all kindergartners, including your at-risk learners
- Gain dozens of practical, usable ideas for using digital tools to engage kindergartners across the content areas – whether you have one mobile device, a small set for several learning centers or one for every student
- Receive an extensive kindergarten technology resource handbook filled with dozens of quality apps, websites and other resources with a wealth of ideas, activities and resources you can use immediately in your own kindergarten classroom
You are welcome to bring a fully charged mobile device. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for educators working with kindergarten students who want to make effective use of the power of digital technology to extend content learning and engage students. You will discover new ways to reach all your kindergartners, including English language learners and those with disabilities, even if you have access to only one mobile device.
Throughout this fast-paced day, you will learn about highly effective apps, websites and innovations you can use immediately, as well as easy-to-manage activities, tools and resources that are most applicable to content areas. Sue Holt, an experienced kindergarten teacher and outstanding seminar leader, will share dozens of the best, new strategies for using iPads, Chromebooks and mobile devices to enhance content instruction and positively impact student learning in the kindergarten classroom. She has spent countless hours researching for you and has put her results into a practical, easy-to-follow seminar you won’t want to miss.
You will gain dozens of practical, usable ideas for utilizing technology to increase learning and save valuable instructional time in the kindergarten classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Tap into the Best Apps and Cutting-Edge Technology to Increase Student Engagement and Achievement in Your Kindergarten Classroom
Discover the powerful impact mobile technology can have on teaching and learning in your kindergarten classroom … Sue has done the work for you, researching and testing apps to find which are the most relevant for the kindergarten classroom so that you may make the best use of technology to enhance content learning
- You Have an iPad, Tablet or Chromebook – Now What?
Learn what these devices have to strengthen and reinforce teaching in the kindergarten classroom … Harness the power of a variety of tools and techniques that will increase student learning
- Expand Your Knowledge and Use of Mobile Devices
How to keep current with iPads and other mobile devices … Gather hints and tips to make the use of your device even easier … Find free and inexpensive technology tools that can make teaching easier for you and more engaging for your tech-savvy kindergartners
- Take Advantage of the Web’s Rich Array of Ready-to-Use Resources
Explore the latest, powerful websites for immediate use in your kindergarten classroom … Ready-to-use strategies to incorporate these websites with what you are already doing
- Find Out How to Connect, Teach and Learn Using Social Media
Learn how to use social media for professional development and collaboration with kindergarten teachers … Discover how to easily connect your students with kindergartners from around the world
- Incorporate Time-Efficient Management Strategies
Tips for managing technology in your kindergarten classroom whether you have one mobile device, enough for several learning centers or one for every student … Learn innovative, time-efficient ways to enhance content learning with technology you currently have available
- Employ Technology to Most Effectively Learn and Teach
Use digital movies and images to promote critical thinking, develop vocabulary and build communication skills … Locate the best online resources … Access key websites to support content area curriculum, lesson ideas and assessment strategies
- Use iPads and Other Mobile Devices to Transform Reading and Math Instruction
Discover a wide range of apps and how you can use them with kindergartners to enhance content instruction in reading and math … Acquire practical, proven ideas to accelerate your students’ achievement
- Meeting the Needs of All Your Kindergartners
Meet the diverse learning styles and needs of your kindergartners with innovative activities and strategies … Learn how to help all your kindergartners learn and progress no matter what their stage of development
- Receive an Extensive Kindergarten Technology Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive kindergarten technology resource handbook filled with complete descriptions of applications, ideas and activities presented in the seminar to support immediate application in your classroom … You’ll also be given access to many more digital tools and online resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven techniques to effectively and authentically integrate iPads, Chromebooks and other mobile devices into the kindergarten classroom
- Timesaving technology tools, tips and websites you won’t want to miss
- Recommendations for finding the best accessories to protect iPads and other mobile devices used in the kindergarten classroom – including cost-saving ideas
- The best apps for every kindergarten subject and where to easily find free and new apps
- The best technology tools and resources for kindergarten teachers that help make lesson planning and classroom management easy
- How to use computers and mobile devices as simple and powerful learning centers
- How to save time and money using iPads and other mobile devices in place of traditional classroom materials
- Dozens of practical, realistic ideas for using iPads, Chromebooks and other mobile technology to increase learning – whether you have a classroom with one device, several or one for every student
- How you can use even one iPad or mobile device to increase student learning and make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- How to manage and protect your classroom mobile device(s) … Best tricks, tips and important safety settings
- Powerful ways to connect with kindergarten classrooms around the world for pen pals, project-based learning, meaningful literacy, math, and science lessons
- How to meaningfully communicate with families using apps and social media
- Apps and project ideas that effectively integrate technology to enhance content learning in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies
- Practical tips and tools to use iPads and other mobile devices effectively and efficiently to differentiate your teaching and accelerate learning for all kindergartners
- Strategies for creating a Personal Learning Network (PLN) to connect with educators anywhere in the world
- Practical ideas for more effectively organizing, managing and assessing instruction across your kindergarten curriculum
- How to identify the characteristics of well-designed apps and technology-based projects and evaluate new technology for classroom use
- Real, life-based projects that encourage collaboration and higher-level thinking with kindergartners
- Find out how to easily customize apps to meet your classroom specific learning goals and differentiate learning for advanced or struggling students
- Easily organize your resources and simplify your classroom record keeping
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I look forward to sharing about my diverse experiences (the good, the bad, the ugly!) using iPads and other mobile devices in kindergarten. I will present teacher-friendly ways of using iPads and other mobile devices to transform your current teaching and curriculum. Technology is here to stay, changes daily and can powerfully transform our teaching if we are willing. We are entrusted with children who will be expected to adapt and embrace technologies in the future that we can’t even imagine today. Our students were born before most mobile devices were introduced for classroom use. In this short time, mobile devices have become some of the most powerful and versatile technology tools available to the kindergarten classroom today.
Using technology as a teaching tool and sharing that knowledge with colleagues is my passion. I am very excited to spend a day with you demonstrating the practical uses of iPads and other mobile devices as well as sharing dozens of apps and other cutting-edge technology resources perfect for kindergarten teachers and students. This seminar is designed to provide you with numerous ideas, strategies, tips, suggestions, and activities for using new mobile technologies to strengthen your classroom instruction in all content areas. I will also share assessment strategies and a variety of timesaving tips for integrating technology into your daily routine. All of the ideas and strategies can be easily adapted to meet your needs and those of your students using the devices and technology you already have.
Technology helps me teach more effectively, and helps my students learn with greater depth and motivation. I can’t wait to help you discover all the ways iPads and other mobile devices are especially suited to helping you easily differentiate instruction and meet the needs of all your kindergartners – including struggling and gifted learners.
I’ve taught kindergarten using just one or several mobile devices and in one-to-one settings and have specific ideas, management tips and teaching strategies for all situations to share with you. The handbook you will receive at the seminar will also contain step-by-step information on using the best apps and web resources for kindergarten teachers and their students. You will also receive online access to additional ideas and resources! I know you will find the day useful, enjoyable and full of great ideas you can use right away in your classroom!
P.S. As a teacher myself, I know that we have to make every moment in and out of the classroom count. I look forward to sharing the dozens of apps and online resources that will significantly save you time in planning instruction and assessing student learning to make teaching easier and more effective!
Who Should Attend
Kindergarten Teachers and Technology Specialists who work with Kindergartners and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar filled with innovative project ideas, tech tools, descriptions of the best apps, new online resources, management strategies, and easy-to-follow directions for using mobile devices to their full potential in the kindergarten classroom. Included in the handbook are:
- Proven techniques to effectively and authentically integrate technology into your curriculum and meet your state standards in kindergarten
- The best iPad, other mobile devices and web-based timesaving tips and tools for kindergarten teachers to help make lesson planning and classroom management easy
- Access to even more online ideas and resources!
- Step-by-step directions for using new and free technology tools and taking full advantage of the tools you already have
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring a fully-charged device, but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.