Practical Work Stations that Powerfully Increase ALL Students’ Learning While Saving Teacher Time
Presented by Gale Pukall
Specifically Designed for First and Second Grade Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators Serving Grades 1-2 Students
- The best, practical and timesaving strategies to help you organize and plan math, literacy and STEM workstations to enhance the success of your first and second grade students
- Learn the important distinctions between work stations and centers, and how to set the stage for students to meet your expectations
- Ways to differentiate your writing, reading, math, and STEM work stations to meet the array of learning levels among your first and second grade students
- Discover how you can work smarter, not harder as you implement and conduct work stations
- Receive an extensive work stations handbook which includes outstanding activities, strategies and ideas that you can use immediately in your own program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you currently using work stations in your first and second grade classroom and need new ideas? Are you just getting up the nerve to consider using work stations in your first and second grade classroom? Either way, this seminar has been specifically designed to help you organize, manage and develop practical and doable work stations! In this NEWprogram by outstanding grades 1-2 teacher, Gale Pukall you will discover interactive, developmentally appropriate, hands-on lessons and work stations you can use with literacy, math and STEM. You will leave with dozens of ideas to help your first and second grade students stay highly engaged as they build important skills and concepts. Even better, these timesaving work stations can easily be adapted into your program with materials you already have on hand!
You won’t want to miss this exciting opportunity filled with activities, ideas and lessons designed to powerfully increase the learning of your first and second grade students!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Ideas and Strategies to Enhance Students’ Learning
Practical and easy-to-implement work station ideas and activities to maximize students’ time on task and learning as they practice literacy, math and STEM skills
- Understand the Key Differences Between Work Stations and Centers
Discover why work stations are ideal for first and second grade students … Time-efficient ways you can incorporate them into your existing curriculum
- Develop Work Stations Where Students Practice with a Purpose
Focus students upon specific academic goals within work stations to significantly increase your students’ practice time on and acquisition of key skills
- Work Smarter, Not Harder!
Learn how to effectively untilize your classroom space WHILE using the classroom materials you already have … Plus, tips and tricks to save you time
- Create STEM Lessons that will Instantly Engage Your First and Second Grade Students
Explore doable ways to infuse science, technology, engineering, and math in your work stations … Incorporate literature, vocabulary and the arts
- Use Work Stations to Meet Your Math Goals
Discover classroom-tested ideas and strategies that will allow your first and second grade students to meet and exceed math expectations … Many ideas you can adapt into your current math program and with any curriculum
- Practical, FUN Writing Skills and Activities
Developmentally appropriate ideas you can incorporate to help your first and second grade students become more proficient writers
- Differentiate Work Stations to Meet All Students’ Levels
Specific, practical, doable ways you can differentiate your literacy, math and STEM work stations … Enhance your ability to meet the wide range of learning levels of your students
- Scaffold Your Students Toward Greater Independence as Learners
Learn easy-to-implement ways to structure work stations that build student independence … Numerous ideas for starting, rotating, cleaning up, and increasing student accountability, plus observation and student assessment tips
- Discover Quality Children’s Literature You Can Use, and Receive an Extensive Work Stations Resource Handbook
Discover new titles, poems, chants, and rhymes that your first and second grade students will love … You will receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar and filled with ready-to-use activities, techniques and materials you can use the very next day
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Ways to develop and implement work stations to prepare your first and second grade students in literacy, math and STEM
- Work stations vs centers and why the difference matters
- Learn tried-and-true methods to work smarter, not harder
- Practical ways to construct work stations that engage students as they practice with a purpose
- Outstanding games you can incorporate into work stations to keep students learning, engaged and moving
- Strategies that build student independence in your first and second graders
- How to use what you already have in the space you have
- Easy ways to set up work stations that help students practice important concepts
- Quality children’s literature and informational texts appropriate for first and second graders
- Design interactive work stations to engage your students in developing strong writing skills
- Strategies to help you save time observing and assessing students
- Learn ways to introduce STEM activities/lessons that incorporate literature and vocabulary
- How to create work station activities that foster learning through independent and/or partner practice
- Specific ideas to differentiate your work stations
- Easy-to-prepare, low/no cost materials and effective ways to use them in your classroom
- Leave this seminar with many “use it tomorrow” strategies
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching our first and second grade students can be both a blessing and a challenge! As a teacher, I already know (and appreciate!) how very hard you work! For this reason, I have planned this day specifically to help you work smarter, not harder, in making powerful work stations an active part of your classroom. I will show you how to do this without spending hours planning, collecting materials, organizing, and managing. You will walk away from this seminar with fresh ideas and suggestions about developing highly engaging and productive work stations for your students.
Join your colleagues and me for a day filled with practical, ready-to-use literacy, math and STEM work stations that can easily be integrated into your current curriculum and program. I will model and share the best of what really works for me and the teachers with whom I’ve worked. Watch as your students become productively engaged in the purposeful practice of your vital first and second grade skills and concepts.
I also want to share the best tips, tricks and hacks for structuring work stations. You will benefit from learning effective set-up, rotation and clean-up routines.
I look forward to spending the day with you and sharing what I have found works best with our first and second grade students! I promise, you will leave feeling enthused, inspired and equipped to help powerfully increase student learning in your classroom using work stations!
P.S. You will receive my extensive work stations resource handbook filled with innovative ideas, lessons, activities, and strategies you can use immediately!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Students in Grades 1-2: First and Second Grade Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Multiple strategies for differentiating work stations
- Specific directions for creating dozens of work stations
- Detailed ways to incorporate STEM into work stations
- Quality literature to target specific skills in math, writing and STEM
- Many examples to help teachers get a strong start using work stations
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in powerfully increasing students’ learning through work stations.
Gale Pukall will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.