Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION:
Practical Strategies for Supporting Struggling Readers
Specially Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Practical methods to monitor and adjust instruction using a RTI model to assist struggling readers
- Research-based techniques and tools to strengthen your struggling readers’ literacy skills in grades 6-12
- Creative hands-on intervention strategies to motivate struggling readers and accelerate their literacy development
- Demonstrations, displays, ready-to-use activities, and an extensive resource handbook, all designed to assist in planning, implementing and monitoring literacy development using a RTI model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Secondary students who struggle with reading become increasingly at risk for school failure. How can we help all students develop the skills necessary to be more proficient and confident readers and avoid such failure? How can we align our literacy curriculum and instruction to the RTI model? These questions and more will be answered in this valuable professional development opportunity.
In this exciting, new seminar, Rebecca Rozmiarek will demonstrate outstanding RTI methods and techniques for intervening with your students in grades 6-12 who are struggling with reading success in middle school and high school. These ideas will give you a fresh approach for meeting the needs of your students and will help you design highly effective literacy lessons using the RTI framework.
The entire day is packed with practical ideas that you can take back to your classroom and implement immediately with your own students. You will leave with specific “how-to” steps and a wealth of creative ideas for how to use the RTI method to increase and enhance the literacy development of all your students.
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ways to implement RTI strategies in grades 6-12 classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Utilize the “Tiered” Intervention Model
Learn how the three tiers apply to your classroom and explore grouping strategies that will more effectively impact struggling readers’ achievement in reading
- Provide “On-the-spot” Intervention
Within the three-tier model, provide regular monitoring and intervention for adjusting literacy instruction to meet student needs
- Motivate Struggling and Reluctant Readers and Increase Their Reading Skills
Utilize practical strategies within a RTI model that will motivate and inspire your struggling and reluctant readers in grades 6-12
- Monitor Students’ Academic Success
Match specific interventions to specific student needs in order to quickly impact learning . . . Practical ways to implement these reading interventions in ways that minimize your planning and instruction time
- Increase the Engagement of Your Struggling Readers
Learn valuable ways to increase the engagement of struggling readers in order to increase their literacy development and maximize their learning
- Link Assessment and Instruction
Innovative and practical ways to adjust instruction based on your students’ needs . . . Highly effective ways to positively intervene with your students and accelerate their literacy learning, ensure they meet grade level expectations and reach literacy standards
- Incorporate Practical, Research-Based Instruction and Strategies
Explore innovative ways to adjust double-entry journals, bookmarks and other response tools within the RTI model
- Learn About the Most Effective Resources Available
Discover where to find resources and instructional tools and how to select the effective ones for your students that will help increase and strengthen their literacy skills in grades 6-12
- Integrate RTI Across All Content Areas to Increase Student Achievement
Dozens of ideas and materials for use across the curriculum such as anticipation guides, writing frames, and graphic organizers to help all students succeed in the RTI model
- Achieve Greater Success with All Your Students in Grades 6-12
RTI helps determine the level of intervention needed for a student, from less intense interventions to those at the highest tier . . . Discover how to most effectively use ideas, strategies and methods based on a RTI model
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A variety of ways to accelerate student vocabulary
- The key components necessary for implementing RTI in ways that increase literacy skills in grades 6-12
- Highly effective ways to increase students’ use of reading strategies using targeted interventions and RTI
- Specific resources you can use to develop highly effective interventions that can dramatically increase students’ reading skills and meet grade level expectations
- Practical ways to incorporate the most recent research-based interventions to strengthen your literacy instruction and student learning
- Tons of note taking strategies, age-appropriate games, and innovative ways to motivate students to want to increase their reading skills
- How to create differentiated literacy lessons designed specifically for grades 6-12
- How to document and monitor student progress in reading using the RTI method
- Methods that stretch student thinking and increase academic rigor in your literacy lessons
- Tips for incorporating many oral reading strategies that help students strengthen their comprehension and boost fluency
- Outstanding techniques for incorporating recent brain and learning research to enhance your lessons and increase students’ academic literacy success
- Tips for helping struggling readers with self-selection of reading materials
- A variety of effective techniques for documenting interventions and student progress in reading at the middle and high school level
- The most powerful, scientifically supported activities for teaching the key elements of literacy in grades 6-12
- Ideas for using RTI to improve literacy in grades 6-12 – whether you are at the beginning stages of implementation or experienced at using RTI
A Message From Your Seminar Leader, Rebecca Rozmiarek
Being a secondary school teacher is a challenging venture, one that can be frustrating but rewarding at the same time. One of the biggest challenges for secondary teachers is helping all of our students become truly literate. When students reach middle school and high school and are still not meeting with academic success, it is critical that we as educators address the students’ learning gaps so that further failure is prevented and their achievement soars.
Response to Intervention (RTI) is a proven framework for ensuring academic achievement because it is designed as a preventative and as an intervention approach. Using the essential elements of No Child Left Behind and the 2004 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), RTI is now recognized as one of the most effective ways to address academic needs of students. However, we as educators also have many concerns about RTI. We are concerned about appropriate grouping strategies, instructional approaches that are differentiated according to student need and the documentation of progress.
I will address each of these concerns and more in this innovative, new seminar. This seminar will show you the most effective, practical ways to implement RTI in order to increase reading skills at the middle and high school level in ways that are aligned with what you are already doing in your classroom. I will share dozens of creative intervention techniques that are differentiated to meet the needs of your students and have maximum impact on their reading development. I will also share a multitude of resources to assist you in selecting the most powerful intervention techniques to close the reading skills gap in your classroom. Techniques will also be shared that are designed for use by school improvement teams and other school leadership teams that are interested in monitoring literacy achievement in order to modify instruction and accelerate student learning in grades 6-12.
Please join me for an information-packed day filled with practical intervention techniques that will help you as your school implements RTI. I will provide you with dozens of suggestions, tips and strategies and give you the tools to make academic success a reality for your grades 6-12 students.
P.S. You will receive powerful techniques that will immediately increase your effectiveness and maximize literacy development for your grades 6-12 students
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff Members, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Practical, research-based ways to implement RTI in grades 6-12
- Dozens of ways to proactively intervene with struggling students before they fail
- Timesaving ideas for monitoring student progress and ways to accelerate progress
- The most effective ways to motivate students to want to increase their own literacy achievement
- A wide variety of data collection forms to support your intervention techniques
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their instructional program.
Rebecca Rozmiarek will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.