Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Powerful Strategies to Boost the Success of Your Struggling Learners (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Susan Fitzell
Specifically Designed for Grades 6-12 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Practical, ready-to-use strategies to boost the academic success of your struggling students in grades 6-12
- Give your struggling students the tools they need to remember and recall important information
- Dozens of practical activities and techniques to significantly boost the skills and confidence of struggling learners
- Proven ways to accelerating learning to help students at risk of failing or not meeting their potential in all academic areas
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As secondary educators, we increasingly face the challenge of meeting the diverse needs of a student population ranging from honors level to special needs. How can we best support and boost the academic success of our struggling learners?
In this, NEW seminar, Suzan Fitzell will share a wealth of classroom-proven approaches that can work with any student and in any secondary content area. The focus will be on practical, easy-to-incorporate strategies designed to accelerate the academic success of your struggling students, including your unmotivated learners.
All the techniques and strategies Susan will present are those she has found to be most effective in her extensive experience working with struggling learners. Discover innovative and effective ways to motivate, engage and set the stage for academic success.
Join Susan for a fast-paced day filled with practical, proven strategies for increasing the academic success of your struggling students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Key Strategies that Can Rapidly Make a Significant Difference for Your Struggling Learners
Equip yourself with practical tools that will make a significant difference and boost the academic success of your struggling learners
- Make Learning Stick … Struggling Students Need Different Supports
Most struggling students don’t know how to learn or process the strategies that come more naturally to successful students … Learn what you can teach struggling students in grades 6-12 to make learning stick
- Help Students Who Can’t, Won’t or Don’t Study
Practical and effective study strategies to more effectively respond to students who lack the motivation to try … Re-energize and increase the success of your most difficult-to-reach students
- Rapidly Make a Significant Difference for Students Who Have Fallen Behind
Gain practical tools and strategies for making a significant difference in struggling students’ achievement, while strengthening their critical thinking skills
- Stop the Cycle of Failure, Quickly!
Learn powerful instructional strategies that will quickly increase the academic achievement of your struggling learners … Discover the best, most effective interventions for reversing the cycle of failure
- Increase the Confidence and Motivation of Your Struggling Learners
Discover new and innovative ways you can engage and motivate your students … Enable struggling students to learn without stress and to drop their fear of failure
- Weave Highly-Effective Strategies into Your Existing Instruction
Incorporate the best, most effective, research-based strategies into your existing program … Weave powerful instructional strategies into your content-rich instruction to provide enrichment, practice or targeted intervention for struggling students
- Support Fast Growth and the Three Rs
Select the best strategies and high/low tech supports to enable rapid growth … Help your struggling students successfully complete written assignments that require the three Rs: research, reading, and rigor
- Targeted Interventions: Meet the Needs of Your Struggling Students
Learn to match specific, highly effective interventions to students in ways that will quickly improve their skills … Struggling students need a different instructional focus – easy-to-make instructional shifts and strategies
- Receive an Extensive Struggling Students Resource Handbook
Receive a comprehensive handbook filled with a wealth of strategies that can be implemented immediately in any instructional setting to help you increase the academic success of your grades 6-12 struggling students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, outstanding strategies to help you support the academic success of your grades 6-12 struggling students
- Ways to more deeply engage your struggling learners and support their immediate success
- How to build the confidence of students who have fallen behind and believe they can’t learn
- Techniques to motivate and positively impact struggling learners in meeting your rigorous expectations
- How to maximize your time and choose instructional practices to make every moment count
- Proven methods to motivate and engage your most reluctant learners as well as capable students who are bored
- How to efficiently determine appropriate “next steps” with your struggling students
- Easy-to-implement ideas designed to motivate and engage even your most reluctant students
- Specific suggestions to adjust and enrich your current instruction to increase struggling students’ success
- Proven, ready-to-use ideas to give your most at-risk learners the tools to manage assignments that require grade level reading and writing
- Techniques that help struggling students link new learning to prior learning, when tackling new and rigorous content
- How to help prevent struggling students from “falling through the cracks” through quick, frequent, authentic assessments
- Discover how to maximize instructional time using easy tech solutions that enable struggling students to accelerate and demonstrate learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As caring and thoughtful secondary educators with high standards, we want all of our students to achieve academic success. Sometimes the challenges and obstacles on the path to reaching that goal seem insurmountable. But, we CAN make a difference!
In our day together, I want to share with you the many effective, practical, research-based practices you can use to greatly increase your struggling students’ learning and success. Given the countless demands on our time these days, our focus will be on approaches that are easy-to-prepare, time-efficient and highly effective in boosting the success of our struggling learners.
I have specifically designed this seminar to help you meet the challenges of teaching in an inclusive, secondary setting. You will learn techniques that support students who struggle to learn, while keeping high achievers engaged. In addition, I will share practical, proven ways to differentiate your teaching methods and materials to increase the effectiveness of your instruction without “watering down” your content standards or expectations.
We will explore the best, most effective teaching options, strategies, enrichment activities, and examples of adaptations so you can help your struggling students become more successful as learners.
Please join me for a day of interactive, practical solutions to your instructional challenges, all appropriate for grades 6-12 struggling students.
P.S. The focus of our day will be on practical strategies that have proven most successful in working with struggling students in multi-ability, heterogeneous secondary classrooms.
Who Should Attend
Grades 6-12 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Struggling Students Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, easy-to-implement, research-based strategies for helping struggling students maximize their learning potential
- Proven tips and tricks for increasing struggling students’ motivation and engagement
- Tools and techniques to help busy educators better address the many challenges they face in working with struggling students
- Forms, outlines and resources for supporting struggling students’ success
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in boosting the success of their struggling learners.
Susan Fitzell will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.