Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION:
Practical Strategies for Intervening with Students
Before They Fall Too Far Behind in Reading
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 1 5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Practical methods to identify, monitor and adjust reading instruction using a Response to Intervention (RTI) model to prevent your students from falling too far behind in their literacy development
- Research-based techniques and tools to reinforce and strengthen your students’ reading proficiency in grades 1-5
- Highly effective intervention strategies to intensify learning and accelerate literacy progress for students who are lagging behind
- Demonstrations, displays, ready-to-use activities, and an extensive resource handbook, all designed to assist in planning, implementing and monitoring literacy development using an RTI model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Response to Intervention is a reality in today’s classrooms, bringing with it a wide range of questions. Are you looking for practical and powerful methods to help your students before they fall too far behind in their literacy development? Are you searching for effective strategies to intervene before your students are even considered for higher tiers of support, including special education? Would you like research-based strategies aligned to RTI that are easily adapted across the curriculum and across tiers? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you won’t want to miss this valuable professional development opportunity.
Mary Howard will help you understand the structure of a powerful RTI framework and provide outstanding RTI methods and techniques for intervening with your students in grades 1-5 who are falling behind in their literacy development. Gain a renewed vision for planning and designing highly effective instruction for meeting the needs of your students at a schoolwide level.
The entire day is packed with practical ideas that you can take back to your classroom and implement immediately with your own students. Join Mary for this day devoted to learning how to use the RTI method to dramatically elevate the literacy development of all your students.
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ways to implement RTI strategies in grades 1-5 classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Positively Impact Students’ Progress Using the RTI Literacy Model
Make every minute count by designing the “just right” literacy opportunities to support all your students using high-quality approaches in an RTI model
- Intervene with Students Before They Fall Too Far Behind
Innovative, practical methods to help you identify and support struggling students before they fall too far behind … Specific steps to address the instructional needs of your struggling students earlier and more effectively before alternate support options are even considered
- Use the Most Effective Interventions to Differentiate for Unique Learning Needs and Accelerate Student Progress
Match specific interventions to students that will quickly impact learning … Practical ways to implement interventions designed to close the gap more rapidly without alleviating instructional time
- Incorporate Intervention Practices into Your Daily Schedule
Quick and easy ways to identify resources, reconfigure the schedule and implement intervention practices without adding minutes to the school day
- Maximize the Impact of General Education at Tier 1
Learn how to more effectively differentiate at tier 1 by using day-to-day assessment to identify instructional practices before additional tiers are needed
- More Effectively Utilize the “Tiered” Intervention Model
Learn how the tiers work in coordination to impact your instruction as you adjust the level of intensity at the most appropriate tier to increase the achievement of learners … Learn how to identify interventions that will have the greatest impact on achievement
- Provide Practical, Research-Based Instructional Strategies
Proven interventions that really work and are easily implemented in any tier … Effective ways to intervene before your students fall too far behind in their literacy development
- Learn About the Most Powerful Resources Available and How to Use Them More Effectively In and Across Tiers
Discover where to find resources and instructional tools and how to select the perfect ones for your students that will help increase and strengthen their literacy development
- Integrate Instructional Interventions Across All Content Areas for Maximum Gain
Make the most of every moment of the school day by weaving rich literacy instructional and intervention techniques across your entire curriculum … Learn how to select the most effective resources to use within flexible grouping approaches throughout your day
- Achieve Greater Success with All Your Students in Grades 1-5
Determine the level of intensity needed for a student, from less intensive interventions to those at the highest tier … Discover how to most effectively use ideas, strategies and methods based on an RTI model
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to intervene with students in varied settings and tiers before they fall too far behind in their literacy development
- Learn the key components of an effective RTI framework and specific steps to achieve highest levels of success by coordinating all tiers
- Highly effective ways to boost student learning using differentiated practices and targeted interventions at any RTI tier
- Specific resources to support highly effective interventions that can dramatically increase students’ success before they fall too far behind in their literacy development
- How to utilize the essential elements of the RTI framework to support students at any tier who need extra help in reading
- Practical ways to incorporate the most recent research-based instructional approaches to strengthen your literacy instruction and student learning
- Proactive ways to help students achieve academic success in literacy and improve reading progress (and test scores!) through differentiated instructional lessons designed specifically for grades 1-5
- Simple methods designed to motivate and engage even your most reluctant students
- Powerful RTI strategies to maximize the instructional power of your lessons to meet the needs of all students
- Outstanding techniques for incorporating the most current research on literacy learning to enhance your lessons and increase students’ academic success
- How to design “just right” instruction for all students in grades 1-5 that will have the most positive impact on their learning
- Simple, time-efficient ways to document and monitor interventions and student progress
- The most powerful, research-based activities for teaching the essential elements of literacy in grades 1-5
- Specific ideas for accelerating word work, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension development of students in grades 1-5
- Key steps to take when more intensive intervention is needed
- Ideas for using RTI to improve literacy in grades 1-5 – whether you are at the beginning stages of implementation or experienced at using the RTI model
- Outstanding teaching techniques to take your literacy instruction to the highest levels of effectiveness
- Learn the secrets of the most effective schools to accomplish maximum achievement gain in reading using the RTI model
- Specific suggestions to adjust and enrich your current RTI model to increase your level of success
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Every teacher understands the long-term impact when students fail to experience academic success. We recognize the critical importance of early identification of students at risk of failure and our role in supporting and enriching instruction before the gap widens and students are labeled as struggling readers. We recognize that our role is essential in both preventing and addressing school failure. When Response to Intervention is implemented in effective ways, it is a powerful framework for ensuring academic achievement because it is designed as a preventative and intervention approach. Using the essential elements of the 2004 Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), a high-quality RTI design is recognized as one of the most effective ways to address the academic needs of students before they fall behind their peers. But RTI has also raised many new concerns. Teachers wonder about the key components and how this will impact an already full school day. They are uncertain how to select the most effective instructional and intervention techniques for each child or determine if those techniques are working. They want to know how to effectively incorporate RTI in the most efficient and effective ways to prevent school failure and ensure success for all students from a schoolwide perspective. Most of all, they want to avoid the roadblocks that have minimized the potential for success in an RTI model.
I will address each of these concerns and more in this powerful seminar. I will share the most successful approaches of schools that are most effectively implementing RTI and I will guide you in understanding each of the critical components while integrating these into what you are already doing. I will clearly define the role of classroom teachers and support staff. I will share dozens of proven instructional techniques that address the wide variation in achievement in your classroom and guide you in selecting and assessing the most powerful instructional techniques to close the learning gap before it widens. You will learn how to use the RTI framework to develop a spirit of collaboration as you work in your school to address the unique needs of your grades 1-5 struggling readers before alternative support systems are considered. Most important, you will learn how to embrace the promise of RTI as you work in more effective ways to help all students achieve success.
Please join me for an information-packed day filled with practical techniques that will help you as your school implements RTI. I will provide you with dozens of suggestions, tips and strategies and give you the tools to make academic success a reality for your grades 1-5 students using the RTI framework.
P.S. The wealth of strategies I will share with you are easy to implement, classroom proven and research based. You will receive powerful techniques that will immediately increase your effectiveness and maximize literacy development for your grades 1-5 students.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 1-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Practical, research-based ways to implement RTI in grades 1-5
- Dozens of ways to proactively intervene with struggling students before they fail
- Timesaving ideas for monitoring students’ progress so that you can adjust instruction before they fall too far behind
- The most effective ways to positively impact literacy achievement in an RTI model
- A wide variety of open-ended forms to support your intervention techniques across the curriculum
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in developing their RTI programs.
Mary Howard will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.