Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Powerful Strategies to Help Struggling Students Achieve Your Rigorous State Standards
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-5 Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Proven instructional and intervention strategies to elevate mathematics instruction in ways that will support students struggling to achieve your state standards in mathematics
- Innovative instructional approaches you can use tomorrow that will accelerate the progress of your students struggling in mathematics
- Manageable, classroom-proven ways to increase motivation and engagement and decrease anxiety
- Dozens of practical ideas and suggestions to target specific learning needs of students struggling in mathematics including increasing number sense, computation skills and problem-solving skills
- Receive an extensive resource handbook to assist in both planning and implementing your state standards in mathematics for struggling students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for effective and practical ways to intervene and assist struggling students in understanding mathematical concepts, especially those outlined in your state standards? Would you like to efficiently determine which learning activities are having the most success with students who struggle with learning and maintaining math skills and concepts? Would you like to have a “tool kit” of powerful intervention strategies that can help increase grades 1-5 students’ understanding and success in math? If you answered YES, you won’t want to miss this powerful, professional development day designed to help you help your struggling students meet and exceed your state standards in math for grades 1-5.
In this outstanding NEW seminar, Jennifer Lempp will present the latest researched-based math intervention strategies found to be most successful with struggling students in grades 1-5. The techniques and activities shared are designed to help accelerate and increase the mathematical skills of your students who are struggling to master and maintain the rigorous state math standards outlined for grades 1-5. These strategies are useful for small group and one-on-one instructional opportunities with your struggling students.
The day will be filled with ideas you can take back to your own classroom and implement immediately. Please join Jennifer for this exciting opportunity to learn how to effectively utilize these powerful interventions to increase and enhance mathematical understanding and learning of ALL your students, especially your struggling learners.
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical ways to implement math intervention strategies for students in grades 1-5 who are struggling to meet state math standards.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Improve Mathematics Achievement for Struggling Students
Improve the achievement of the students who struggle the most with state math standards in grades 1-5 … Utilize powerful intervention techniques designed for one-on-one or small group settings
- Increase the Effectiveness of Your Math Instruction
Teacher-friendly, student-tested instructional strategies that can help struggling students meet and exceed state math standards … These techniques are especially geared toward those students in grades 1-5 who are struggling to master and retain key math skills and concepts
- Align Your Instruction to meet Your State Math Standards
Ensure your core instruction and interventions are aligned with accepted key standards in grades 1-5 that are linked to student achievement … Help your struggling students find greater success sooner
- Decrease Mathematics Anxiety and Increase the Motivation and Engagement of Your Struggling Learners
Fun and engaging math activities ideal for grades 1-5 … Small group and whole group ideas that can boost struggling students’ confidence, skills and achievement in meeting the state standards for mathematics
- Provide Differentiated Activities for All Your Students, Especially Struggling Students
Powerful ways to make existing lessons and activities adaptable to the current needs of your diverse learners, especially those who struggle with basic math skills and concepts
- Time-Saving, Teacher-Friendly Techniques
Discover easy-to-implement, manageable interventions that save you time and maximize student learning and achievement
- Deepen Students’ Conceptual Understanding of Mathematics
A key to meeting the rigorous standards in mathematics is to have a strong conceptual understanding … Take away a variety of activities that boost students’ conceptual understanding and therefore increasing their ability to meet and exceed the higher, more rigorous math standards outlined for grades 1-5
- Develop Students’ Ability to Solve Problems and Increase Their Mathematical Reasoning Skills
Learn which skills are critical to problem-solving success and how to develop these skills from basic to sophisticated … Specific activities that target and strengthen students’ critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Help Students Persevere Through Difficult Mathematics Tasks
Strengthen your struggling students ability to persevere with difficult problems … Provide a variety of strategies for students to use when faced with mathematical problems that are hard for them to understand or solve
- Increase Your Teaching Options
Discover numerous strategies for strengthening struggling students’ mathematical skills including computation, problem solving, reasoning, and communication … All strategies are ideal for meeting and exceeding the mathematical standards outlined for grades 1-5
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Help struggling students meet your rigorous state standards in math for grades 1-5
- Tips for supporting struggling students during your math class before they fall too far behind
- Ways to provide intervention to students who are below grade level in mathematics
- Number sense and computation strategies that will support students with all mathematics standards this year and beyond
- The key standards that all students need in order to experience success at all levels of mathematics
- How to fit it all in by planning your daily schedule to make the best use of your math instruction time
- Activities that increase student understanding and engagement
- Highly effective number sense routines that are easy to implement the very next day
- A balanced approached to assess students formatively in order to help guide your instruction
- Manageable ways to collect data on students that helps you to make instructional decisions
- Research-based strategies to increase the learning and use of the key mathematical standards outlined in for grades 1-5
- Learn where to find inexpensive or free materials that make math come alive for struggling students
- Visual and hands-on strategies for developing critical thinking skills ideal for struggling students
- Powerful ways to strengthen struggling students’ learning in math through targeted interventions
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, we work very hard every day to reach and teach all our students so that they can achieve academic success in mathematics. However, despite our best efforts, sometimes, we see students struggle to learn the complex concepts and skills outlined in the rigorous state standards for mathematics. Often, students who don’t find immediate success early in their school experience, fall further and further behind in their understanding of key mathematical concepts, often leading to frustration and an increase in math anxiety as they progress through their educational career.
Imagine though a classroom where even your struggling students learn important mathematical concepts at a deep level and have developed strategies to persevere with the most challenging problems. A classroom where students see themselves as problem solvers, are flexible in their thinking, believe in themselves, and have the ability to choose from a wide range of strategies in order to most effectively and efficiently attack a problem.
In this new seminar, I will focus on how we can meet the unique needs of each student and support those struggling students before they fall too far behind. I will introduce and share engaging and powerful intervention strategies for math instruction that can be used in whole class, small groups or even one-on-one for those students who require more targeted and intensive interventions in order to meet and exceed the rigorous state math standards for grades 1-5.
My goal is not to add more to your teaching plate, but rather to give you some specific, time and teacher-friendly interventions that can help increase the learning of your struggling students. You will leave with a “tool box” of powerful intervention strategies to help all your students gain a deeper understanding and achieve greater success in mathematics.
Please join me for a fun, strategy-filled seminar that will give you activities, lessons and specific targeted interventions that you can implement immediately in your own grades 1-5 classroom. I look forward to meeting you!
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-5 Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Special Education Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific intervention strategies ideal for struggling students
- Number sense and computation strategies
- Manageable ways to collect data to drive instruction
- And much, much, more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strategies to help struggling students achieve rigorous state standards in mathematics to enhance their programs.
Jennifer Lempp will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.