Raise the Rigor for Your Struggling Readers:
Specifically Designed for Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Highly practical strategies to raise the rigor of your struggling readers in phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- Innovative, instructional approaches that you can use tomorrow that will accelerate the progress and build the stamina of your struggling readers
- The best targeted intervention strategies for addressing reading difficulties in grades K-5
- Receive an extensive reading instruction resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies and ideas
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Helping struggling readers not just achieve but exceed more rigorous literacy standards is among the most significant challenges facing educators today! Do you work with students who are struggling readers and frequently wish that you could fix the reading problems of those at risk students? Do you look for evidence-based, practical activities that will engage and motivate struggling readers? If you answered “yes”, this seminar was designed for you!
In this NEW seminar, outstanding reading specialist and national presenter Sue Brady will share practical, classroom-tested ways to help raise the rigor of your struggling readers. You will leave this seminar with dozens of research-based interventions that will engage, motivate and build the stamina of even your most reluctant readers. The entire day will be filled with powerful strategies that you can use tomorrow with the students who experience the greatest challenges in learning how to read.
Sue will show you how to make your reading lessons for struggling readers more rigorous and more effective without workbooks and worksheets, and the best part is that they can be implemented into any reading program as soon as you return to your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Raise the Rigor of Students Who Struggle with Reading Skills
Discover how to use the latest research to select the most effective interventions to help your struggling readers be more successful readers
- Integrate the Best, Current, Targeted Intervention Strategies to Increase Success for Struggling Readers
Discover intervention strategies that increase success for struggling readers
- Strengthen the Stamina of Your Struggling K 5 Readers Using Differentiated Strategies
Engaging, classroom proven strategies that strengthen the critical reading skills of your struggling readers … Differentiate your reading instruction to accelerate the reading levels of your students who need extra support
- Highly Practical Strategies to Support Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Fluency
Engaging, easy-to-implement, hands-on strategies that support each of the five research based components of increasing reading competency … Enhance your reading instruction for your struggling readers as soon as you return to your school
- Discover the Six Key Elements for Helping Struggling Readers Become More Proficient Readers
Focus on the critical essentials to address the diverse needs of your struggling readers for maximum academic gain … No cost and low-cost essentials to strengthen your reading instruction for struggling readers
- Learn Practical Strategies and Techniques to Easily Integrate into Your Existing Reading Program
Find out which scientifically research-based interventions can be easily incorporated into your existing reading program and that will work best with your struggling readers
- Address Reading Difficulties with the Most Current Research and Hands on Engaging Activities
Research shows a need to identify struggling readers early … Help them develop their reading skills with classroom proven activities that are sure to excite and motivate even the most reluctant readers
- Help Struggling Readers Experience Greater Success with Informational Text
Learn classroom-proven ways to incorporate informational and nonfiction text into your classroom to increase your students’ achievement and meet your state standards
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas
Sue Brady is an experienced primary teacher and outstanding reading specialist with extensive experience working with struggling readers … You will leave with a wide variety of proven strategies for immediate use in your reading instruction
- Receive an Extensive Reading Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive a detailed resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies and ideas specifically designed for this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Powerful ways to increase the rigor and success of your struggling K-5 readers
- The best, current intervention strategies for helping struggling readers that align with your state standards
- Innovative, hands-on activities that motivate struggling readers and help them build greater stamina with more challenging text
- Practical applications of the most current research to address early reading problems
- Dozens of effective techniques to serve your at-risk readers and build self-confidence
- The key components of an effective reading program for struggling readers that can be implemented for low to no cost
- Innovative ways for differentiating reading instruction to better meet needs of struggling readers in grades K 5
- Innovative, interactive techniques to improve phonemic awareness and phonics
- Differentiated reading activities to enhance the reading skills of your struggling readers
- Interactive, motivating activities for phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Practical, effective techniques to maximize comprehension skills to build the confidence of your struggling readers
- Creative, hands on reading manipulatives that are inexpensive or free to make
- Proven activities and techniques to supplement and expand your existing reading program to better support struggling readers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
During my many years as a primary teacher, I saw the frustrations and tears of struggling readers and became frustrated myself! How could I reach these students? As my desire to help them intensified, I knew what I had to do. I went back to school to become a reading specialist. And while the additional education helped me, I believe that I learned the most from my at-risk students.
I now work with struggling readers on a daily basis, and I see how they learn best: NOT by being bombarded with endless worksheets and workbook pages, but with choice, praise, encouragement, engaging, hands on activities and interventions that appropriately challenge them.
During this fast-paced seminar, I will share dozens of classroom proven interventions, strategies and activities that increase rigor for struggling readers and are also motivating, fun and incorporate higher-level thinking! We will look at numerous, classroom-proven ideas for teaching phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension to entice even your most reluctant learners. I will also share ideas on how to more effectively differentiate lessons and activities. The best part is that the shared interventions are easy to implement and will raise the rigor for your struggling readers!
My goal for you is to leave this seminar motivated, energized and with a belief in yourself that you can increase the rigor and success for your struggling readers. You will leave with new intervention options that can easily be implemented in your existing reading program with little or no cost to you!
This seminar is designed to provide you with practical strategies and activities that are both classroom-based and research-driven. No one has time for lessons that aren’t best practice! I want you to have the opportunity to pick and choose the strategies and methods that work best with your students in your school.
I encourage you to join me and see how you can raise the rigor for your struggling readers and help them become successful.
P.S. Remember, all of these interventions and activities have been tested with my students! They are classroom proven, motivating, practical, and easily implemented to use with struggling readers. I am confident that they will help lead your students to achieve literacy success and teach them to persist in becoming successful readers!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive reading resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Interventions and activities for struggling readers based on current research that are practical, highly motivating, challenging, and can be used immediately
- Tips and techniques for differentiating your reading lessons to accelerate learning and motivate your struggling readers
- Ideas to easily implement reading strategies into your classroom at little or no cost to you that enhance your current reading program
- Strategies and ideas that encourage the application of higher-order skills that add rigor to your lessons and boost the skills of your students
- Practical activities and techniques to supplement and expand your existing reading program to better support struggling readers and build their confidence
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening the reading achievement of their struggling readers.
Sue Brady will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own reading program for struggling readers.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.