DYSLEXIA: Best Targeted Interventions to Accelerate Greater Literacy Success (Grades K-6)
Presented by Heather Kenny
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Students in Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Practical techniques that build foundational skills and support literacy success for all students, including those with dyslexia
- The most up-to-date information on dyslexia including practical suggestions for reading and spelling instruction
- Research-based classroom and intervention strategies for students who have or may have dyslexia
- Practical suggestions for instructing students based on targeted reading needs including the critical components of successful interventions
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the most effective ways to better help your students who may have dyslexia to be more successful readers and spellers? In this NEW seminar by Heather Kenny, you’ll learn the most up-to-date information on dyslexia along with a wealth of proven strategies and resources designed to support greater success for students with dyslexia. The most current information on brain research related to reading and dyslexia as well as highly practical ways to accelerate reading and spelling success will be explained in very practical terms. You will learn numerous targeted interventions to maximize your teaching time and improve literacy outcomes for your students with dyslexia. You’ll leave the seminar with numerous evidence-based interventions you can use immediately that target your dyslexics students’ specific needs so your students who have or may have dyslexia can experience greater literacy success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Students with Dyslexia Avoid Reading Difficulty Using Explicit, Multisensory Teaching Techniques
Learn direct and explicit multisensory teaching techniques you can use immediately to help students with dyslexia … Proven ideas you can use immediately
- Build Critical Foundational Skills for all Students, Including Those with Dyslexia
Gain a wealth of strategies for building foundational literacy skills for students with dyslexia, regardless of grade level
- Strengthen Brain Pathways to Help Students with Dyslexia Succeed
Understand how reading develops in both the typical reader’s brain and the dyslexic reader’s brain and learn simple techniques to improve key brain pathways
- Learn How to Quickly Select Appropriate Reading Materials for all Students
Learn simple techniques for matching reading materials to the decoding levels of your students
- Design Interventions to Focus on the Most Successful Strategies for Dyslexia
Save precious teaching time by learning what to focus on for your students with dyslexia … Learn the most effective strategies for key areas of intervention
- Enhance Phonemic Awareness Skills to Strengthen Reading and Spelling Skills for all Students
Learn why phonemic awareness is integral to successful reading for all and critical for students with dyslexia … Maximize your teaching time by focusing on the most critical phonemic awareness skills
- Address and Prevent Low Word Recognition with Techniques that Promote Orthographic Mapping
Gain research-based instructional techniques that help all students better learn soundletter associations and patterns critical to the development of strong word recognition skills
- Help Students Who Have Fallen Behind to Close the Gap
Learn powerful strategies that students can use independently to overcome reading, writing, and spelling roadblocks
- Understand How to Better Assess Students for Dyslexia
Learn the critical components needed to screen for dyslexia and simple diagnostic tools you can use in your classroom
- Receive a Comprehensive Dyslexia Resource Handbook
Return to your school with an extensive dyslexia resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies and step-by-step instructions designed to help you support the reading and spelling success of your students with dyslexia
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- What dyslexia is and what it isn’t
- Outstanding research-based teaching techniques and tools for reinforcing and strengthening your students’ reading and spelling proficiency in grades K-6
- The latest information on brain pathways critical to successful reading and spelling and what this means for instruction with dyslexic and struggling readers
- Simple ways to determine the critical reading needs of students in your classroom and how to group for instruction based on these needs
- How to more easily assess your students’ skills in the most important areas related to reading decoding and spelling
- How to implement highly successful intervention strategies
- Specific activities to promote advanced phonemic awareness skills critical for success with all students and especially those with dyslexia
- How to implement appropriate interventions in an RTI model
- Dozens of strategies to help students who have or may have dyslexia successfully read and spell
- How to more efficiently determine what type of reading instruction benefits different types of readers
- Proven instructional sequences that build strong reading and spelling skills
- How to use multisensory instruction to aid in the retrieval of reading and spelling skills
- Simple classroom routines that you can easily incorporate into your current literacy instruction that will solidify reading and spelling skills
- The most current information on fluency and which types of instruction lead to instant word recognition
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, we are charged with providing our students with the strong foundation of literacy skills that they need in order to be successful in school and in life. But any experienced educator knows that it is no easy task! We’ve all worked with students who have had difficulty learning to read and spell … even despite our best efforts to teach them. Happily, it does not have to be this way.
Thanks to new research findings, we now understand how reading occurs in the brain, why some students experience such difficulty in learning to read, and how we can help students with dyslexia build efficient neural pathways that are required for reading success. Perhaps the best news of all is that the highly effective, research-based techniques that are recommended for students with dyslexia, are the same techniques that can accelerate the literacy development of all of our learners!
Over the course of my career, I have amassed a wealth of highly practical information, resources, strategies, tips, and techniques that can help you optimize your literacy instruction. I am excited to spend the day with you and with other reading educators, talking about the science of reading and sharing teacher-friendly, time-efficient strategies that you can take back to your classroom to help your dyslexic students thrive.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. As an experienced educator, I understand the unique challenges you face daily in your instruction. This seminar is designed to give you and your students with dyslexia a pathway to greater success!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Students in Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Practical, research-based teaching techniques and classroom activities for supporting students who have or may have dyslexia
- Important information on what dyslexia is, what it isn’t, and how to identify children at risk for reading difficulty
- Information to share with colleagues on reading pathways in the brain and how to build those pathways for literacy success
- Practical ways to maximize your teaching time
- Games and activities to reinforce critical reading and spelling skills
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in techniques to support literacy success for their K-6 students.
Heather Kenny will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.