Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
RESPONSE TO INTERVENTION Practical Tier 3 Reading Interventions that Work for Your Students Who Struggle the Most
Presented by Kristen Large
Specifically Designed for Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical strategies and effective techniques to serve your most struggling readers at Tier 3 in the RTI process
- Proven, ready-to-use ideas to give your Tier 3 students the interventions they need to master basic reading skills
- How to create a coordinated approach to meet the needs of your Tier 3 students while serving the rest of your students in Tiers 1 and 2
- Effective, practical tools to monitor your students’ progress at Tier 3 with ongoing, easy-to-use assessment techniques
- Innovative activities, useful ideas, a comprehensive CD, and an extensive resource handbook to help you implement
- RTI strategies to identify and serve students with reading challenges at Tier 3
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Would you like to have highly effective interventions to accelerate the reading progress of your Tier 3 students? Are you looking for proven tools to more efficiently record progress-monitoring data without losing instructional time? Do you need step-by-step procedures to analyze assessments in order to plan “just in time” instruction? Are you interested in methods to ensure coordination between the Tier 3 and Tiers 1 and 2 classroom instructional program? Would you like to learn how to structure your RTI intervention time in order to help all your students succeed? This engaging seminar offers practical answers to these questions and much, much more. You will learn specific strategies and discover outstanding tools – all based on the most current, scientifically validated research – to create Tier 3 interventions designed to close the gap for your most struggling students.
In this fast-paced, highly practical seminar, Kristen Large, a full-time reading teacher who works with Tier 3 students on a daily basis, will share proven, effective RTI intervention strategies that will enable you to maximize learning for your students who qualify for Tier 3 interventions. In addition to receiving a wealth of practical tools to use with your most struggling readers, you will be introduced to creative ways to manage your schedule so all students – in each of the three RTI tiers – receive the instruction they need without missing the core reading curriculum.
The entire day will be filled with powerful strategies you can use in your classroom tomorrow. Join Kristen for this exciting opportunity to learn how to significantly increase student achievement in reading and decrease the learning gap before your students fall too far behind.
You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity to learn how you can make Tier 3 interventions highly successful in your school and classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Positively Impact Your Students’ Progress in Tier 3
Learn practical ways to make every minute count by providing “just right” Tier 3 reading interventions … Tips, tools and proven strategies to align students’ needs with the most effective instructional strategies and resources
- Link Timesaving Assessments to the Most Effective Instruction
Learn quick-and-easy strategies to assess the needs and progress of your Tier 3 students … How to support and scaffold your most struggling readers before they “fail enough” to qualify for special services
- Discover Creative Ways to Manage Your Schedule
Reduce your frustration and maximize your effectiveness while addressing the learning needs of all your students … How to ensure that students at all three RTI tiers are getting the instruction they need
- Maximize Your Limited Time to Provide Quality Interventions at Tier 3
Organize instruction to include intensive, systematic and multi-level instruction within your daily plans … Ways to maximize your time with ready-to-implement interventions that work for your most struggling readers
- Use the Most Effective Interventions with Tier 3 Students
Pick and choose from dozens of practical, classroom-proven strategies for working successfully with your Tier 3 students … Match specific interventions to the needs of your students to quickly impact learning before the gap widens
- Receive Easy-to-Use Documentation Forms
See quick, effective ways to monitor student progress throughout the intervention process … How to minimize your paperwork and maximize your instructional impact
- Provide Practical, Validated Tier 3 Interventions
Find out which scientifically validated interventions work best with your Tier 3 struggling readers … Dozens of strategies that work!
- Effectively Communicate with Tier 1 and Tier 2 Teachers
Learn proven techniques to communicate effectively with your Tier 3 students’ teachers … See ways in which you can make collaboration the norm for meeting the needs of every student
- Design a Tier 3 Program that Incorporates the Key Reading Components
Step-by-step ways to organize your Tier 3 instruction based on phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, and reading comprehension … How to focus your interventions to specifically address your students’ gaps in basic reading skills
- Receive an Extensive CD and an RTI Resource Handbook Focused on Tier 3 Interventions
Receive a comprehensive resource handbook with a wealth of strategies that can be implemented immediately in any instructional setting … Discover the best intervention strategies, management tools, assessment forms, and effective RTI models for working with your Tier 3 students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Ideas to support your Tier 3 struggling students and accelerate their learning
- Proven methods to maximize your limited instructional time with Tier 3 students
- A wealth of techniques to positively impact student progress at Tier 3
- Effective ways to link assessment and instruction to scaffold Tier 3 student learning
- Quick and easy progress-monitoring techniques to effectively document your interventions
- Easy-to-use techniques for tracking individual student achievement over time
- How to schedule RTI interventions at Tiers 1, 2 and 3 to maximize student learning and minimize time missed from core subjects
- Ready-to-use strategies to reach your most at-risk readers earlier and faster
- How to match specific Tier 3 interventions to the needs of your students
- Effective procedures to communicate with your students’ classroom teachers
- How to design “just right” and “just-in-time” interventions for Tier 3 students
- Specific techniques to fit the five key components of reading instruction into your Tier 3 interventions
- What to do next if more interventions are needed
- Highly effective methods to motivate even your most reluctant readers
- Powerful RTI Tier 3 interventions that focus on students’ specific needs
- Simple techniques to intensify your Tier 3 interventions
- How to efficiently analyze your assessment data to plan the most effective interventions
- Ready-to-use graphic organizers designed to effectively teach summarizing and retelling skills
- Tips, tools, and techniques to efficiently coordinate your Tier 3 instruction with the classroom literacy program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As someone who works with Tier 3 reading students on a daily basis, I am excited by the progress we are making in meeting the needs of our most struggling students. I see the gains my students make, the confidence they build in themselves as readers and the ways in which practical interventions can effectively prevent our students from falling too far behind. It is my pleasure to share a wealth of outstanding ideas, tools and techniques to meet the needs of our most struggling readers at Tier 3.
We know that Response to Intervention (RTI) is a proven framework for enhancing academic achievement, designed as a preventative and intervention approach. As more schools begin implementing RTI models, it’s critical that we use accurate assessment data and research-based strategies to instruct our most struggling readers. High-quality Tier 3 interventions are essential to closing the gap for each of these students. Yet, matching intensive interventions to the unique needs of each student and focusing on the key components of reading instruction are often challenging tasks. For that reason, I have specifically designed this seminar to share the models, interventions, assessment techniques, and communication strategies I have found most successful in working with my Tier 3 struggling readers.
Throughout this fast-paced day I will provide you with practical, efficient, effective intervention strategies that can be implemented in any instructional setting. I will share with you manageable data collection systems that will help you keep track of your Tier 3 students’ progress. You will walk away with innovative ideas for structuring your tiered RTI interventions in ways that build collaboration and cooperation between teachers, focus on what each student needs and result in a remarkable degree of success for your struggling readers. I will show you how to increase all your students’ reading achievement at a school-wide level without reducing Tier 1 instructional time.
Please join me for a high-energy day filled with practical strategies, activities, tips, and tools you will be eager to implement with your Tier 3 students. I look forward to sharing this day with you.
P.S. Again, the focus of this seminar is not on theory, but on practical, easy-to-implement Tier 3 strategies that work for your students who struggle the most in reading.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades K-6: Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
You'll Receive a Comprehensive CD
and an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive CD and an extensive Tier 3 RTI resource handbook developed to provide you with the tools needed to implement highly effective interventions.
Included in the CD and handbook are:
- A wealth of strategies for research-based Tier 3 interventions
- Key ideas and practices for implementing successful RTI models for grades K-6
- Quick-and-easy, ready-to-use assessment techniques to effectively document your interventions and plan your Tier 3 instruction
- Practical ways to maximize your time for Tier 3 interventions
- Proven ways to implement intensive, “just-in-time” interventions for your most struggling readers
- Outstanding ideas to accelerate learning and motivate your Tier 3 students
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in implementing the most effective Tier 3 interventions for struggling readers.
Kristen Large will be available at the seminar to answer questions regarding the unique needs of your own RTI intervention program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.