Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best Instructional Strategies for Challenging and Motivating Your GIFTED/TALENTED STUDENTS (Grades 1-8)
Presented by Kay Law
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 1 8: Gifted Education Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Reading Specialists, Librarians, Instructional Aides, Counselors, and Administrators
- Dozens of new and innovative strategies for enhancing gifted education in your classroom program … Practical ways to provide greater depth, rigor and complexity within your instructional programs
- Growth mindset strategies to increase the productivity of all gifted students
- More effectively challenge your gifted students using replacement assignments, standards-aligned lessons, extensions, tiered assignments, parallel curriculum strategies, “anchor activities,” and a host of other strategies
- Incorporate complex instructional strategies to maximize student learning
- Demonstrations, models, classroom examples, and an extensive gifted and talented instruction resource handbook filled with dozens of ideas for increasing challenge and motivation for your gifted students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
How can we create a more rigorous curriculum with broader and more complex strategies for our gifted students while continuing full group instruction for the rest of our students? How can we develop higher levels of critical thinking and a greater capacity to analyze real life problems while balancing the required curriculum we are expected to teach? How do we enhance the interests of individual students to work productively in small groups or independently when they lose interest or appear unmotivated?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions, you will want to attend Kay Law’s seminar, Best Instructional Strategies for Challenging and Motivating Your GIFTED/TALENTED STUDENTS (Grades 1-8). You will leave this seminar with a wide variety of practical strategies that will maximize the academic success of your gifted students no matter what service option you use within your classroom, school or district. You’ll receive a wealth of practical techniques for increasing challenge and motivation for your gifted students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn New and Innovative Ways to Strengthen Instruction for Your Gifted Students
Learn a wide variety of strategies to more effectively differentiate instruction by student strengths, interests, the pace or process of the learning, readiness, and product design
- How to Encourage Greater Depth, Rigor, Challenge, and Complexity Within Your Curriculum
Discover the top ten essential “sentence starts” gifted students should be using in a classroom that create qualitatively different outcomes within the learner
- More Effectively Address the Social and Emotional Needs of Your Gifted/Talented Students
Help your students whose vocabularies and abilities surpass that of their classmates develop the essential social skills necessary for positive relationships and better manage their own and others’ performance expectations
- Accelerate and Broaden Content Instruction Using Curriculum Compacting and “Target” Teaching to Increase Student Interest
Learn how to turn the variety of levels of prior knowledge into an asset so that each student can achieve maximum progress by discovery of the innovative in any subject area
- Use Technology and Small Group Instruction to Enhance Classroom Instruction
Discover best uses of Google Drive and virtual fieldtrips to increase your teaching effectiveness and enhance the learning of your gifted students
- Incorporate Complex Instructional Strategies and the Most Current Neuroscience Research to Achieve Maximum Student Learning
Learn how to make the best use of varied challenging material, open ended tasks and new insights on how the gifted brain learns best to accelerate learning of content concepts and information
- Create a Productive, Collaborative Environment that Allows Your Gifted Students to Work More Independently and Productively
You’ll receive practical suggestions for classroom exit cards, modality presentations and research strategies that provide meaningful and challenging activities for varying levels and groups of students
- Learn Innovative, Creative and Critical Thinking Strategies that Take Students to Higher Levels of Challenge and Performance
Discover innovative ways to encourage creative, critical, problem solving, problem finding, and utilize “support with reason” strategies
- Provide Appropriate Modifications for Your Struggling “Gifted” Students
ADHD learners, Asperger’s, ELL, unmotivated, and other “twice exceptional” gifted students need specific strategies to help them learn … Leave with practical strategies you can immediately use to best serve their learning differences
- Receive an Extensive Gifted Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive gifted instruction resource handbook which contains descriptions of all of the lesson ideas and resources presented during the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical ways to accelerate content pacing and instruction by giving students credit for what they already know and allowing them to move ahead at a faster pace
- How to better challenge and motivate the gifted learner by strengths, readiness and/or interests
- Growth mindset applications for the gifted learners in your classroom
- Practical applications of rigor, relevance and relationships in a gifted classroom
- A variety of frameworks that promote qualitatively different learning experiences for advanced learners
- Proven assessment practices that encourage more advanced learners to produce more rigorous and challenging work
- Practical, easy to manage ways to flexibly group students to better target instructional needs and student interests
- How to plan and deliver highly effective, challenging lessons in 30 minutes or fewer
- How to utilize the characteristics and challenges gifted students bring into a classroom as a great strength for your whole class
- How to more effectively create and use tiered lessons and extensions to provide appropriate challenges for every student, especially your gifted learners
- Ways to create activities and assignments at different levels of complexity and depth
- How to use “purpose, steps, outcomes,” orbital studies, parallel curriculum, interest groups, and a variety of other strategies to more effectively teach and motivate gifted students in your classroom
- How to simultaneously accelerate and decelerate the pacing of instruction within the same classroom based on the readiness of your individual gifted students
- How to use “anchor activities” and on going activities to provide independent learning opportunities throughout each course you teach
- Immediate uses of technology instruction outside of the classroom as a motivating tool for your gifted population
- Strategies to work in positive ways with the parents of your gifted students, create knowledgeable mentors and useful resources for your classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my many years in the classroom, I have worked with hundreds of students who need a faster pace of instruction and more challenging instruction. Throughout my career I have asked myself how can I provide a qualitatively different curriculum, one that encourages rigor and challenge for advanced learners already meeting or exceeding standards in our classrooms? How can I develop within my students the persistence to raise the ceiling of personal excellence when it continues to become increasingly challenging for teachers to motivate gifted students?
I have designed this seminar to take a very practical look at these questions and many aspects of your existing curriculum, the teaching strategies of differentiation and acceleration, as well as curriculum compacting and flexible grouping as an essential part of your instruction for gifted students. By creating depth and complexity of curriculum, a faster pace for students who demonstrate mastery of skills, and reaching further in products and outcomes of their learning, gifted students will have the tools to reach their full potential.
I look forward to sharing with you a wealth of practical ideas and strategies that can help meet the needs of your gifted students. They will understand that by developing a passion for learning, a responsibility for completion, and internal motivation, they will produce a “Perpetual Cycle of Learning” that will assist them throughout their entire lives. We can help all students develop their unique gifts and talents and provide an environment conducive to their special needs, which will create success for each child in our classrooms.
P.S. Again, the focus in this seminar will be on sharing practical, highly effective strategies and ideas that you will be able to use in your classroom immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 1-8: Classroom Teachers, Resource Teachers, Reading Specialists, Gifted Education Teachers, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
You’ll Receive an Extensive Gifted Instruction Resource Handbook
The handbook includes:
- Templates of lessons to use in your classroom
- Complete descriptions of the gifted strategies presented in the seminar
- Research-based, copy-ready frameworks for teachers to use in their classrooms
- Slides of key components of the seminar
- A bibliography of resources
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share with other educators interested in strengthening their programs for gifted and high-achieving students.
Kay Law will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program for gifted and high-achieving students.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.