Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
ENRICHING WORLD LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION:
Practical Strategies and Interactive Activities for
Increasing Your Students’ Achievement and Motivation
Designed for Grades 4-12 World Language Educators and World Language Immersion Teachers
- Strengthen your students’ achievement with powerful strategies and activities that will engage all your students
- Enhance understanding, accelerate acquisition and increase motivation with creative interactive activities and advanced techniques for incorporating TPR, Guided Imagery and more
- Add dozens of ready-to-use ideas and techniques to your repertoire of instructional methods
- Create an interactive environment that promotes a greater understanding of vocabulary, grammar and culture of the target language
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for world language educators who want to help their students communicate more effectively in the target language.
Louis Mangione will provide you with a wealth of practical, ready-to-use ideas and activities to help your students become more adept in the target language. You will learn methods for increasing effective communication through interactive, learner-centered activities. In addition, Louis will share management tips, teaching techniques and implementation strategies for using these interactive activities effectively and efficiently in your classroom.
You’ll leave this dynamic seminar with valuable strategies and activities that you will be able to use immediately in your own program. These innovative ideas will help boost the proficiency and motivation of all your students.
All educators working with world language students will benefit from this exceptional seminar led by a master world language teacher.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn From a Master World Language Teacher
As an experienced world language teacher, Louis has used these outstanding ideas with his own students
- Strengthen Communicative Competence
Learn dozens of ideas and strategies to help your students effectively practice the target language and improve their communication skills
- Create Learner-Centered, Student-Friendly Activities
Explore a variety of lively, interesting activities that will focus your students on improving their communication in the target language
- Apply Proven, Brain-Based Differentiation Techniques
Experience how to teach concepts to all students at the same rate using approaches that apply the latest findings on how the brain learns
- Increase Active Student Participation
Discover a wealth of activities and strategies that will increase meaningful engagement time for your world language students
- Provide Opportunities for Student Creativity
Gather exciting ideas that challenge students to apply their hidden talents in the production of quality work
- Plan Lessons that Help ALL World Language Learners Achieve Success
Learn classroom-proven strategies for helping all students be successful in acquiring second language skills, including your students who are at-risk and those with learning disabilities
- Use Daily Classroom Procedures to Enhance Your Curriculum
Choose from dozens of ideas and strategies for making links between day-to-day lessons … Highly practical classroom procedures and routines that provide for continuity and closure
- Strengthen Both Student Motivation and Achievement
Learn ready-to-use ideas and techniques for increasing your students’ intrinsic motivation to meet high standards
- Receive an Extensive World Language Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with proven, practical strategies and activities, ready for immediate use when you return to your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A wealth of effective and easy-to-use strategies and activities that develop your students’ communicative skills in the target language
- Classroom-proven activities that increase your students’ use of the target language in the classroom
- Activities that maintain focus and encourage motivation regardless of the length of the class period
- Suggestions for monitoring and assessing students as they participate in interactive world language activities
- How to effectively use the target language almost exclusively for instruction from day one
- Practical activities that focus on understanding and retention as primary goals
- Dozens of strategies for enhancing the listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills of your world language students
- How to create an inclusive second language environment that is engaging, challenging and SAFE
- How to apply multiple learning theories to best support the unique needs of second language learners
- How to successfully use imagery, drawing, music, and role-playing to enhance instruction and facilitate assessment
- Ways to help your students who are at-risk or learning-disabled find success in the world language classroom
- How to effectively integrate Total Physical Response into your curriculum
- Ideas for creating an atmosphere that is challenging yet allows all students to be successful
- Proven strategies that will help you apply the National Standards for World Language Learning in your program
- Strategies for increasing your students’ motivation for learning the target language
- Innovative activities that promote active involvement
- How to effectively utilize alternate forms of assessment
- Dozens of useful ideas and specific activities that you can use immediately in your world language classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Every day we are faced with the challenge of ensuring that learning is accessible to all students. Each student deserves opportunities to be successful, yet each has her/his particular learning strengths and challenges.
World language instruction has changed in many ways. Facilitating comprehension and communication has become the most important goal of our classroom efforts, and the overriding desire of our students remains competency in the practical application of the target language.
We are always searching for ways to engage students in learning, maintain and elevate their interest in the subject matter, convince them of their ability to succeed, and provide them with the necessary skills to become effective communicators. To achieve these goals, we must diversify our instructional strategies to include a wide range of teaching techniques, using what works from existing brain research and the resulting methodologies.
This seminar is intended to provide teachers with specific, practical strategies for creating meaningful world language instruction. You will observe and participate in numerous activities proven to engage all learners, create safety and success in the classroom and give every student the opportunity to be confident and competent in the acquisition of a second language. You will expand your instructional repertoire to encompass a variety of techniques for enhancing the learning of all students in your second language classroom.
P.S. Come prepared to be involved in a variety of hands-on learning activities that will be immediately useful to you in your own classroom setting.
Who Should Attend
Grades 4-12 World Language Educators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Descriptions of innovative teaching strategies designed for world language instruction
- Sample lesson plans
- Reproducible activities
- Materials and resources to enhance your world language program
- Specific techniques for accelerating learning in your classroom
On display will be materials and samples of students work related to world language instruction.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other world language educators interested in strengthening student world language achievement.
Louis Mangione will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own world language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.