Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase Motivation and Learning in Your WORLD LANGUAGE Classroom: Best Strategies for Accelerating Student Success
Presented by Greta Lundgaard
Specifically Designed for World Language Teachers, Department Heads and World Language Administrators Serving Grades 6-12
- Practical ways accelerate communicative proficiency growth by integrating high-leverage teaching practices
- Proven strategies to increase motivation and engagement in your world language classroom
- New, innovative ways to help students retain key grammar concepts
- Timesaving tips and guides to apply core instructional practices for boosting student success in the target language
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW seminar, outstanding world language teacher and nationally-known presenter, GRETA LUNDGAARD, will share practical high-leverage teaching strategies to accelerate target language proficiency growth for your students. You’ll learn how you can utilize the key concepts of motivation that will result in greater student investment and ownership for their learning the target language.
Throughout the seminar, you’ll receive practical tips, strategies, instructional techniques, and activities that will transition your classroom into a more student-centered learning environment, engage your students in more meaningful ways and develop a growth mindset in your students. Through engaging, interactive activities, you will learn proven ways to teach your students how to learn from their mistakes, improve based on feedback and persevere in their journey toward greater proficiency in the target language.
You’ll leave this seminar with practical ideas about how to adapt existing lessons and units to promote increased motivation and accelerate acquisition of the target language. You will be equipped with an expanded “toolbox” of proven strategies that will help your students becoming more engaged and motivated in ways that will positively impact their language proficiency growth.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Accelerate Your Students’ Ability to Communicate in the Target Language
Explore a set of high-leverage practices that will make the most difference for students in your world language classroom
- Increase Student Motivation in Your World Language Classroom
Classroom-proven ways to increase student motivation to communicate in the target language
- Deepen Your Understanding of How to Teach Grammar as a Concept
Incorporate the latest tips from current research into your planning to make grammar “stick”
- Learn from an Outstanding World Language Educator
Greta brings 30 years of world language teaching, curriculum development and assessment experience with her … Learn ways to design, implement and deliver learning experiences that accelerate language proficiency in students
- Accelerate Language Learning Using Powerful Interactive Strategies
Discover student collaboration strategies and peer-to-peer engagement techniques that positively impact student learning and motivation in the world language classroom
- Time-Efficient Ways to Give Feedback and Use Assessments More Effectively
Discover timesaving ways to leverage formative assessments and feedback to move student proficiency forward
- Design Activities that Integrate All Three Modes of Communication
Make best use of every opportunity to accelerate student language proficiency growth … Here’s how
- Discover What Can-Do’s Can Do for You!
Aligned with performance targets, can-do statements lead students to focused goals to accelerate and increase proficiency growth … Learn how to leverage the power of unit can-do statements in your world language instruction
- Help Your Students Develop Greater Ownership for Their Own Language Learning
Learn proven ways to help your students develop greater feelings of ownership for their own language learning
- Receive an Extensive World Language Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive world language resource handbook filled with practical strategies, frameworks, tools, and resources presented in this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- New, innovative strategies for strengthening world language instruction
- The essential characteristics world language classrooms need in order to maximize student progress in any target language
- How to communicate and develop your students’ positive growth mindset in your world language classroom
- How can-do statements contribute to learner progress and target language proficiency in your world language classroom
- The major aspects of teaching grammar as a concept and how these aspects look in the world language classroom
- Ways for students to set learning goals that focus on target language use and performance that lead to greater proficiency
- How to teach your students the value of risk-taking in growing their language proficiency
- The essential elements of a classroom environment designed to encourage discovery learning of grammar and vocabulary
- Proven ways to design interactive activities which promote growth in language proficiency
- New, innovative techniques that extend student output and production, preparing students for their next proficiency level
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Building proficiency in the target language is the goal we have for all of our students. Why does it feel at times that progress and growth happen at such a slow pace? The good news is that it doesn’t have to. By focusing on and implementing high leverage teaching practices, customized for the world language classroom, teachers can accelerate student progress in speaking, reading, writing, and listening in the target language.
In this seminar, I will share key concepts that accelerate student target language communication skills: linking backward design with learner and proficiency level appropriate can-do statements, implementing the key components in grammar instruction and vocabulary use, acknowledgment of learning research that will help concepts and ideas “stick” in the minds of our students, interactive and collaborative student-centered activities, and delivering actionable feedback that will lead to better outcomes in our students’ next communicative tasks.
It is my goal that this seminar will bring you greater clarity and deeper understanding about the “why” of effective instruction and the “how” of implementation of those strategies. I will share research-based strategies, ideas and models that will help you transform your classroom environment and instruction in ways that will accelerate their acquisition of the target language.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and joining together with you as we examine these high leverage teaching practices, and explore the possibilities they can have on our students and their progress up the ACTFL proficiency scale.
P.S. As an experienced world language teacher, I know how valuable your time is. I will share with you only the best, most effective strategies I have found for strengthening your students’ proficiency growth.
Who Should Attend
World Language Teachers, Department Heads and World Language Administrators Serving Grades 6-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive world language resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed explanations of high leverage and core practices important in world language instruction
- Classroom-proven techniques to help students develop communicative proficiency
- Key ideas in designing units and lessons that promote learner progress in target language development and use
- Essential components of a unit and lesson plan designed to integrate discovery learning essentials
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other world language teachers interested in strengthening their world language program.
Greta Lundgaard will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own world language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.