Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Increase Motivation and Learning in Your WORLD LANGUAGE Classroom: Strategies, Strategies, Strategies (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tracy Rucker
Specifically Designed for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6 12
- Timesaving tips on leveraging ACTFL's core practices, integrated performance assessments and oral proficiency strategies
- Practical strategies to connect community building with technology and language proficiency
- Proven techniques to activate language learning and support differentiation of world language instruction
- Classroom-proven ways to increase proficiency through reading, storytelling and comprehensible input
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, award-winning world language teacher, Tracy Rucker, will present dozens of practical ideas to invigorate your world language instruction and make communication in the target language more engaging and successful for all your students. His classroom-proven techniques include lively paired and mixer activities, learning games, Google Tools and other engaging technology applications, as well as practical techniques using manipulatives to enhance communicative proficiency.
Throughout the day you will receive a wealth of "right back to the classroom" strategies and lessons that will help students develop vocabulary and expand their ability to speak in the interpersonal and presentational modes in an encouraging, inviting environment. If you want to increase your students' proficiency by more fully motivating and engaging them in learning a world language, this seminar is for you!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn New and Innovative Ideas to Invigorate Your World Language Instruction
Acquire dozens of engaging, highly effective techniques, activities and lessons to increase your students' motivation and learning in your world language classroom
- Increase Use of the Target Language in Your Classroom
Discover a variety of strategies to increase the time both you and your students spend authentically using the target language
- Accelerate Your Students' Communicative Proficiency
Implement formative tasks to improve students' reading skills to acquire vocabulary while building intercultural knowledge
- Make Best Use of Free Google Tools and Other Cutting-Edge Technology to Enhance Language Learning
Discover engaging activities for using Google Tools and other cutting-edge technology to optimize interpretive communication skills and accountability for you and your students
- Learn from an Outstanding World Language Teacher
Tracy brings more than 20 years of world language teacher experience as well as a deep passion for sharing what works with other world language teachers … Learn proven techniques that are designed to match the needs of today's students and build their motivation for communicating in the target language
- Weave Cultural Practices, Products and Perspectives into Engaging Language Lessons
Learn how to interweave interpretive, interpersonal and presentational tasks that allow students to interact with cultural products, practices and perspectives of target language regions
- Develop Emerging Oral Communication Skills
Discover dozens of practical strategies to help students better develop communicative oral skills through questioning and frequent formative feedback
- Increase Student Motivation for World Language Learning
You'll leave with an expanded repertoire of proven techniques and activities … Engaging lessons that will increase your students' interest and motivation for language learning at all levels
- Enhance Interpersonal and Presentational Skills
Experience a wealth of compelling and traditional practical strategies to maximize use of the target language in meaningful and personalized ways
- Receive an Extensive World Language Resource Handbook
Take home an extensive world language instruction resource handbook containing dozens of proven, practical strategies and activities for incorporating cultures as content in innovative, progressive and proficiency-based language classrooms
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of new and innovative lessons and activities to increase motivation and learning in the world language classroom
- Specific strategies to increase your students' communicative proficiency in the target language
- Effective techniques to incorporate authentic materials to increase global awareness
- Purposeful questioning strategies to increase interpretive listening skills
- Effective techniques on building community to increase student engagement
- Dozens of engaging, level-appropriate strategies for strengthening interpersonal communication skills
- Valuable ideas to strengthen student performance through formative tasks
- Engaging speaking activities that promote a real exchange of information and a true purpose for communication
- Proven strategies to help students better develop communication skills
- Tools to reboot instruction to flip learning to harness the power of core practices in the proficiency-based classroom
- Highly practical techniques to achieve 90%+ target language use from day one
- Purposeful reading activities
- Compelling ideas for incorporating global awareness in every lesson
- Timesaving scaffolding techniques
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a world language teacher myself, I know the need for practical, proven tools and ideas that engage students in meaningful, authentic learning situations. In this seminar, I will demonstrate proven and highly effective techniques to develop oral proficiency while focusing on cultures and tasks. For many teachers, understanding ACTFL's position statement that the target language should be used at least 90% of class time raises a lot of questions. In this seminar, I will address this statement and provide strategies on how to get your students talking to each other in meaningful, authentic ways using the target language. I emphasize second language acquisition strategies through reading and cultural immersion.
I'll also share a variety of proven techniques about how to use audio-visual material as content. We'll also explore language learning through the lenses of websites, blogs, and virtual reality. I'll also share how to build and scaffold activities in meaningful ways that allow students to circumlocute and create using the target language. I'll share new and innovative ways to show how authentic materials can be used to address 21st Century skills while allowing students to reach communicative goals. Come learn about effective, proven techniques that contribute to language acquisition and assist you in organizing your lessons!
P.S. The focus of this seminar is not on theory but engaging and innovative lessons and activities that will enhance and invigorate your world language instruction.
Who Should Attend
World Language Educators serving students in Grades 6‑12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive World Language Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive world language resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed descriptions of the practical activities presented at the seminar you can immediately implement in the classroom
- Classroom-tested, effective techniques to help students develop communicative proficiency and engage in authentic communication
- Reproducible activities and techniques to help students increase their use of the target language
- Links to impactful blogs and websites
- Powerful, research-based lesson planning techniques
- A variety of carefully designed activities to explicitly teach students to effectively use circumlocution and transitions to communicate
- Rubrics that demonstrate specific tools to develop interpretive, interpersonal and presentational modes of communication
Meet and Share with Other World Language Teachers
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other world language educators interested in strengthening their world language instructional program.
Tracy Rucker will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own world language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.