Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening WORLD LANGUAGE Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Daryl Boeckers
Specifically Designed for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6-12
- The keys to practically and successfully teaching distance learning world language lessons online
- Motivating strategies to engage online language learners with comprehensible input while maintaining 90%+ target language … All online
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle for world language instruction … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
- Best practices for designing online world language instruction using Google Classroom and other Learning Management Systems
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, new live online seminar is designed for world language educators wanting to maximize the distance learning experience for their students. Outstanding world language teacher and Google Certified Educator, Daryl Boeckers, will showcase the most effective use of accessible Google apps and extensions in addition to other highly useful educational technology tools while honoring best world language teaching practices. You'll learn practical ways to help students unlock their own proficiency in the target language using collaborative and communicative activities for distance learning.
No matter your experience with distance learning or learning technologies, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical ideas that you can use immediately to strengthen your world language distance learning practices. You will receive a digital world language distance learning resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in the seminar, plus access to Daryl's website designed specifically for world language educators. The site hosts handouts, tutorials, and resources to support you in the journey of distance learning.
Whether you are teaching in a fully online or a in a hybrid learning environment you'll leave with numerous tools and resources you'll be able to use immediately to enhance online world language instruction in grades 6-12.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance World Language Instruction
Learn what every world language educator needs to know about fully tapping into innovative Google and other powerful educational teach tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for maximizing online language learning
- Maximize Comprehensible Input Online
Adapt shared lessons that can be tailored for novice and intermediate learners online … Here's how
- Learn Innovative Ways to Foster Language Proficiency Remotely
Create easy-to-navigate, flexible, weekly lesson plans with clear learning targets and activities that promote language proficiency
- Differentiate Online Language Instruction to Support All Students
Discover practical ways to assign tiered tasks to specific students based on real-time data
- Strengthen Communication of Online Expectations With Students and Parents
Learn time-efficient ways to use existing tools to communicate online task and performance expectations up front and provide feedback throughout the distance learning cycle
- Incorporate Innovative Online Communicative Activities
Learn ready-to-use activities to invite communication in interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes remotely
- Design Engaging Student-Centered Online Language Tasks
Learn time-efficient ways to move beyond digitizing worksheets, engaging learners to higher levels of thinking and practice
- Create Digital Versions of Integrated Performance Assessments
Learn innovative ways students can continue to showcase mastery in all three modes of communications during distance learning
- Learn From an Experienced Online World Language Teacher
Learn proven techniques from an award -winning world language educator with more than 20 years of experience including world language online teaching
- Receive an Extensive Digital World Language Distance Learning Resource Handbook
You'll receive a link for an extensive digital world language instruction resource handbook full of useful tools, model online lessons and the most useful resources to enhance world language distance learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The most effective ways to teach world languages in a distance learning model
- Time-efficient communication tools to clarify online learning expectations to students and parent/guardians
- The most useful Google apps and extensions to design engaging online world language lessons
- How to set up safe online spaces for students to practice communicative tasks
- Timesaving tips and tools to expedite meaningful feedback
- Proven online interpersonal activities that promote target language use
- How you can use data from the interpretive mode of communication to extend your online lessons while contextualizing vocabulary and new grammar
- Online language lessons ready to use for novice and intermediate learners alike
- Innovative ways to offer opportunities for students to showcase language mastery far beyond online forms or worksheets
- The best authentic resources to design meaningful online language learning tasks
- Motivating online language learning activities that foster relationships with students and provide expanded opportunities for target language use in distance learning
- How to support online accessibility for all language learners with the help of digital tools: support your students with 504 plans and IEPs
- Ways to easily engage with other world language educators who have similar questions and hurdles regarding online world language instruction using professional learning networking tools like Twitter
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In twenty years of teaching world languages, I cannot think of a more unique time to be an educator. For most world language teachers the pivot to distance learning happened suddenly and many teachers did not yet have the training for it.
I have designed this seminar to showcase what I have found to be the most useful tools and strategies that work in world language distance learning classrooms to engage and support all learners using research-based practices. Students can leave our online classrooms with both 21st Century skills and proficiency in the target language.
For almost twenty years, I have been exploring the very best tech tools fit for the world language classroom. Used effectively, Google Tools, Apps and Extensions can significantly transform the teaching and learning of languages. In this unique seminar you will learn more about the tools your students may already be using in other classes or at home. We'll walk through the journey together to design engaging online lessons that purposefully point students toward proficiency in a digital summative assessment. I will share with the best, practical, easy to implement ideas I have found that can be seamlessly integrated into online language instruction. Additionally, you will receive rich examples of rubrics to guide your assessment, links to video screencasts to support students, student examples of work and online access to the most useful resources.
I look forward to meeting you at the online seminar. You will leave with a plethora of ideas on how you can improve your distance learning instruction no matter your current knowledge of technology.
P.S. This seminar is designed for world language teachers to walk away with numerous ideas for using Google Tools and other useful educational tech tools to support for distance learning in world language instruction. I am confident that both novice and tech savvy world language teachers alike will leave knowing they have significantly added to their teaching repertoire.
Who Should Attend
World Language Educators Serving Grades 6-12
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Distance learning ideas and best practices for online world language learning
- Practical online activities for students in all three modes of communication
- Rubrics and descriptions for engaging language tasks that you can do with your student in a distance learning model
- Screenshots of activities walking teachers step-by-step for successful distance learning
- Contextualized examples for each tool, site, app, and extension for a variety of levels (novice and intermediate)
Daryl Boeckers will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.