Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making Best Use of Apps, Mobile Devices and Other Cutting-Edge Technology in the
WORLD LANGUAGE CLASSROOM
Presented by Diego Ojeda
Specifically Designed for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6 12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators
- Innovative ways to utilize mobile devices, tablets, Chromebooks, computers and other digital tools, whether you have one or many, to enhance world language instruction
- Discover the most up-to-date apps for handheld devices to expand your teaching options and enhance student learning in the world language classroom
- Acquire digital tools for both beginning and advanced world language learners
- Make best use of free Google Tools including Google Chrome apps and extensions to enhance language learning
- Gain timesaving tips and tech tools to more fully engage your world language students in authentic uses of the target language
- Receive an extensive world language instruction technology resource handbook with an abundance of student and teacher instructions for cutting-edge tools and examples
To get the most benefit from this seminar, we recommend that you bring your own fully charged iPad, Android tablet, Chromebook, or laptop with a Chrome browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for practical ways to make the most effective use of mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology in your world language classes, then this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this fast-paced, app-filled seminar, you will gain dozens of practical ideas for using mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology in your world language program. Not only will you learn how to make the best use of mobile devices to increase your students’ authentic use of the target language, but you will also understand how mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology can become valuable productivity assistants.
Outstanding world language teacher, Diego Ojeda, will share dozens of the best new strategies, apps and ways to utilize cutting-edge technology in your world language classroom to help increase your students’ listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills and expand your instructional options. Diego will show you step-by-step how to make the most effective use of mobile devices and cutting-edge technology in your world language classroom, whether you have one device or many.
Diego has spent a lot of time researching and testing the best apps and tech tools for you to see in action. His suggestions will more deeply engage all of your students, helping you deliver high-quality 21st Century world language instruction. Examples and useful websites will also be shared.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make Best Use of Mobile Devices and Other Tech Tools in the World Language Classroom
Learn which of the newest apps and extensions work best in the world language classroom … Dozens of resources, websites and tech teaching tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Make Best Use of Free Google Apps and Chrome Extensions to Enhance World Language Learning
Learn practical applications for utilizing free Google Tools and Apps to enhance world language instruction … Go beyond the basics and discover the latest updates in tools that you’ll want to use the most in world language classrooms
- Increase Your Students’ Meaningful Use of the Target Language
Learn how iPads, Chromebooks and other mobile technology can significantly increase opportunities for students to communicate in the target language
- Utilize Cutting-Edge Technology to Differentiate Instruction in Your World Language Classroom
Discover how cutting-edge tech tools can provide your world language learners with additional opportunities to practice grammar, vocabulary and expanded language creation opportunities
- Receive Timesaving Tips for Assessment and Evaluation of Students’ Progress in Learning the Target Language
Learn how cutting-edge tech tools can help you assess the products your students create in the target language
- Utilize Technology to Work Smarter, Not Harder in the World Language Classroom
Discover how you can save in-class time using mobile devices and other cutting-edge tech tools with individual students, small groups or at the learning stations in your world language classroom
- Increase Your Teaching Options for World Language Instruction
Innovative strategies, motivating ideas and easy-to-implement examples for diverse language levels to use immediately in your world language classroom
- Gain Dozens of Strategies to Boost World Language Instruction
Discover innovative ways to use current cutting-edge technology in your world language program … Tap into the rich array of free and inexpensive tech teaching tools appropriate for beginning as well as advanced world language learners
- Motivate and Engage Your Students with the Latest and Best Interactive World Language Websites
Actively engage your world language students with online activities designed to develop language concepts and vocabulary … Effective ways for using mobile devices to motivate even your most reluctant learners
- Receive an Extensive World Language Instruction Technology Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website
You’ll receive a copy of an extensive world language resource technology handbook to support your implementation of the ideas presented during the seminar in your own world language classroom along with specific details on how you can access a specially created website that includes links to all the resources reviewed in the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Enhance your knowledge of tech tools and the most effective ways to use them in the world language classroom
- Ways to utilize free Google Tools and Apps that will save both your own and your students’ time and enhance language learning
- Step-by-step demonstrations of practical tech applications and extensions for the beginner and advanced language learner
- Ways to stay current with new uses for mobile devices in world language programs
- Familiarize yourself with Google Classroom and its multiple uses
- New and engaging websites that provide opportunities for your students to communicate in the target language
- Ways to utilize mobile devices to differentiate your instruction for diverse levels of world language learners
- The best free and affordable apps and extensions ideal for teaching and learning in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- The best blogs and online resources for world language teachers
- Proven techniques for purposeful technology integration in the world language classroom
- Timesaving tips and tricks to maximize the use of your mobile devices
- How mobile technology can expand opportunities for your students to stay in the target language
- Innovative ways to use cutting-edge mobile technology to more effectively incorporate higher-order cognitive skills in grades 6-12 world language settings
- Helpful sites and timesaving strategies to help you stay current with technology developments and specific tech applications for the world language classroom
- Where to find the most useful world language resources for other mobile learning devices
- Timesaving tips for evaluating student progress in the target language
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The use of mobile devices and other cutting-edge technology in classrooms has become the new modality chosen by teachers around the world. As a current world language teacher, I have seen the benefits of using cutting-edge tech tools in my world language instruction. Technology is providing great incentives for students to be more deeply engaged while learning and studying. Used effectively, mobile devices and other cutting-edge tech tools can make a significant difference when teaching and learning languages.
Mobile devices can help recreate an immersion language environment for students outside of the classroom. These devices provide students with engaging ways to demonstrate their understanding of both the vocabulary and grammar of a new language and enable teachers to more easily track students’ progress. With their versatility and portability, students can easily use mobile devices to enhance their understanding and production in the target language.
In this seminar, I will share the best apps, extensions and websites I have found in my instruction as a world language teacher. I hope you find these resources helpful and practical. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. My focus in our day together will be on the most useful tech applications for the world language classroom. Every tool and strategy I share I have used myself in my own world language classroom.
Who Should Attend
World language educators serving grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
You’ll Receive an Extensive World Language/Technology Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook with step-by-step instructions, screenshots, rubrics, and tips for implementing digital supplements to your curriculum. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of activities and projects using the technology available in your world language students’ hands
- Screenshots of how each application looks with information to share with your students
- Directions for students as they begin these new digital projects
- Tips on how to use mobile devices for classroom management and administrative tasks
- Student work examples
- Easy-to-use strategies for implementing 21st Century technology in your world language classroom
Receive Access to a Specially Created Seminar Follow Up Website
The specially-created follow-up website shared at the seminar offers online versions of many of the paper resources found in the handbook. In addition, the website includes links to all external examples, video tutorials and shared rubrics used in the session.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged iPad, Android tablet, Chromebook or laptop with Chrome browser installed but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.