Using Apps, Mobile Technology and Other Effective Technology Tools to Enhance Student Learning in Your WORLD LANGUAGE CLASSROOM
Presented by Liz Walhof
Designed Specifically for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6 12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators
- Discover the most effective, up-to-date apps web tools to expand your teaching options and enhance student learning in the world language classroom
- Empower your world language students to create products in the target language using laptops, chromebooks, tablets and phones
- Acquire cutting-edge technology applications for both beginning and advanced language learners
- Discover authentic language resources perfectly suited for your world language classroom
- Gain timesaving tips and tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Access a customized website for support during the session and to share with colleagues
- Receive an extensive world language instruction resource handbook with resources, step-by-step instructions and many classroom integration ideas for each tool
Please bring your own fully charged device to this seminar as it is hands-on!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In the hands of discerning world language teachers, instructional technology can significantly enhance the probability of students being able to transfer their learning from the classroom to real life. In this NEW seminar, you will learn how to connect your world language students to authentic language resources, powerful apps, and helpful web-based tools to help their learning ‘stick.’ You will learn about new tools that can take your students from struggling with vocabulary to creating meaningful communication that showcases their skills in the target language.
In addition, you will learn effective techniques to increase instructional options inside and outside your world language classroom to support all students, whether your school has a one-to-one initiative or you have a limited number of devices at your disposal. Experienced world language teacher, professional developer and Director of Technology, Liz Walhof will walk you through step by step how to use a wealth of apps and websites that encourage authentic use of the target language.Liz has spent countless hours researching, testing and scouring her personal learning network to find the best tools for you to see in action. She has framed this seminar with purposeful technology, pedagogy and content knowledge to help you facilitate high quality 21st century world language learning in ways that will engage all your students. Liz will share a wealth of assessment resources, video/text tutorials, and useful links. Join your colleagues for a collaborative day exploring innovative technology tools to enhance world language instruction and learning in today’s classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Best New Technology Tools for Use in the World Language Classroom
Learn which of the newest apps and tools work best in the world language classroom … Dozens of resources, websites and technology teaching tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Gain Dozens of Strategies to Boost World Language Instruction
Discover innovative ways to use current mobile technology in your world language program … Tap into the rich array of free and inexpensive teaching tools appropriate for beginning as well as advanced language learners
- Get the Most from Your Devices
Discover how you can provide engaging, authentic language learning opportunities for your students with device agnostic tools in your classroom
- Utilize Mobile Devices to Differentiate Instruction in Your World Language Classroom
Discover how mobile devices can provide your struggling language learners with additional opportunities to practice basic skills while providing your confident language learners with expanded language creation opportunities
- Receive Tips for Assessment and Evaluation of Student Progress in Learning the Target Language
Learn how technology can help you more efficiently assess your students’ products created in the target language … Highly effective strategies that work!
- Utilize Technology to Work Smarter, Not Harder in the World Language Classroom
Discover how you can maximize instructional time using technology with individual students, small groups or at stations in your world language classroom
- Increase Your Teaching Options for World Language Instruction
Explore innovative strategies, motivating ideas and easy-to-implement examples suited to diverse language levels for immediate use in your world language classroom
- Increase Your Students’ Meaningful Use of the Target Language
Learn how to significantly increase opportunities for students to communicate in the target language
- Motivate and Engage Your Students with the Latest and Best Interactive World Language Websites
Actively engage your world language students with online activities designed to develop communicative abilities, language concepts and vocabulary … Investigate effective ways to motivate and support even your most reluctant learners, your students with special needs and your students who need enrichment
- Receive Access to a Specially Created Website and an Extensive World Language Instruction Resource Handbook
You’ll receive your own copy of an extensive world language resource handbook to support your implementation of the ideas presented during the seminar in your own world language classroom … You’ll also receive specific details for accessing a customized website that serves as a resource for you during the session and thereafter
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical apps for your iPads, Chromebooks and other smart devices in your world language classroom
- Step-by-step demonstrations of practical learning opportunities for beginning and advanced language learners
- Ways to stay current with new uses for classroom and for personal devices
- Web tools that expose students to authentic examples of the target language
- The best free and affordable apps ideal for teaching and learning in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- Ways to use mobile technology to differentiate world language instruction so that all your students are appropriately challenged
- New ways for world language students to engage at all levels of Bloom’s taxonomy
- Timesaving tips, tricks and practical strategies for classroom implementation
- New and updated uses for tech tools and the rationale for using them in the world language classroom
- Proven techniques for purposeful technology integration in the world language classroom
- How instructional technology can expand opportunities for your students to authentically produce the target language
- Innovative ways to use cutting-edge technology tools to more effectively incorporate higher-order cognitive skills in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- Helpful sites and timesaving strategies to help you continue your own professional growth and development
- Where to find world language content-rich resources to prepare for AP and IB exams
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a person who loves to teach world language and who knows first-hand the professional needs of world language teachers, I can say with conviction that this is the most challenging and the most exciting time to be a teacher. Integrating iPads, Chromebooks and other mobile devices into our world language classrooms increases options for all students to pursue and express learning in the target language. I am passionate about integrating new technology tools to enhance world language instruction.
My goal for this seminar is simple: showcase the best, most useful tools and strategies for enhancing world language lessons and engaging your learners. Throughout this fast-paced, interactive day, you will have opportunities to discover tools that will work on a variety of devices, collaborate with colleagues and walk out with a host of practical ideas to use immediately with your students. In addition, I will share a wealth of timesaving tips and tools for instructional planning to more fully engage students in learning the target language.
During the past 16 years, I have been exploring how to best facilitate learning that ‘sticks’ with students. Used effectively, technology can significantly transform teaching and learning in any subject. I see this especially in world languages where the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills is so vital for language retention and production.
You will learn how to harness tools your students may already be using within and outside of school. You will walk away with easy-to-implement ideas for making student learning ‘stick’ beyond the classroom or the latest test. Additionally, you will receive online access to materials and resources to support you as you return to your classroom. This will be an active, exciting, worthwhile day to refresh, renew and replenish the resources you use to enhance your students’ achievement.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. This seminar is specifically designed for world language teachers to walk away with numerous practical strategies to implement immediately. I am confident that all participants – both those who are tech-savvy and those who are novices – will receive a wealth of outstanding tools, tips and resources to significantly enhance your teaching repertoire – while having fun doing it!
Who Should Attend
World Language Teachers Serving Students in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook with step-by-step instructions, screenshots, rubrics, and tips for implementing digital supplements to your curricula. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of activities and projects using the technology that may already be in your world language students’ hands
- Screenshots of what each application looks like and information to share with your students
- Tips on how to use various devices for classroom management and productivity
- Student samples
- Easy-to-use strategies for implementing 21st century technology in your world language classroom
Receive Access to a Specially Created Seminar Follow Up Website
The seminar website offers online versions of many of the resources found in the handbook. In addition, the website includes links to all external examples used in the seminar, video tutorials and shared assessment resources.
Liz Walhof will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own world language program.
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. Please bring a fully-charged device as this is a hands-on learning opportunity.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.