Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Making Best Use of Apps, Digital Devices
Specifically Designed for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6 12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators
- Discover the latest, most effective apps and strategies for using Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, computers, and other mobile devices to enhance world language teaching and learning
- Dozens of practical ways to utilize free Google apps and tools to enhance world language instruction
- Discover the most up-to-date apps for iPads, Android tablets and other handheld devices to expand your teaching options and enhance student learning in the world language classroom
- Learn about cutting-edge technology that fosters memorable learning for all levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Discover new websites and no-cost to low-cost apps that support language learning for all students
- Gain timesaving tips and tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Receive an extensive world language instruction resource handbook with an abundance of student and teacher instructions for mobile technology tools, examples and rubrics as well as access to a specially created website with handouts and video webcasts
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
New technology in the hands of 21st Century world language learners can significantly transform second language learning. In this seminar, you will learn how to connect your world language students to authentic language resources and powerful apps. In turn, your students will perform tasks to showcase their skills in the target language. Learn about new tools that can move your students from remembering vocabulary to using it creatively in a language-learning context.
Increase instructional options inside and outside your world language classroom by supporting all students, whether your school has a one-to-one initiative or your department shares one iPad. Experienced world language teacher, Daryl Boeckers, will walk you through step-by-step to show you how you can use apps and websites that will push your students to create using the target language.
Daryl has spent countless hours testing out the best apps that he will actively share with you.
He has framed this seminar with purposeful technology, pedagogy and content knowledge sets to help you deliver high-quality 21st Century world language instruction in ways that will engage all your world language students. A wealth of example rubrics, video screencasts and useful links will also be shared. Join your colleagues for a collaborative day to explore innovative, cutting-edge technology options to enhance teaching world language in today’s classrooms.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Best, New Apps and Tools for iPads, Android tablets and Other Mobile Devices for Use in the World Language Classroom
Learn which of the newest apps and tools work best in the world language classroom … Dozens of resources, websites and technology teaching tools to more fully engage your world language students
- Gain Dozens of Strategies to Boost World Language Instruction
Discover innovative ways to use current mobile technology in your world language program … Tap into an array of free and inexpensive teaching tools appropriate for challenging mastery students and supporting students with IEPs and 504 plans
- Get the Most from Mobile Devices
Discover how you can provide engaging, authentic language learning opportunities for your students even if you have only one mobile device
- Utilize Mobile Devices to Differentiate Instruction in Your World Language Classroom
Discover how mobile devices can provide your struggling language learners with additional opportunities to practice grammar and vocabulary while providing your confident language learners with expanded language learning opportunities
- Utilize Free Google Tools to Boost Target Language Learning
Discover best uses for a variety of free Google Tools to enhance teaching and learning in the world language classroom
- Support Students with Special Needs in Your World Language Classes
Create, dictate and host accommodated exams required in some IEPs and 504 plans … World languages are for all students!
- Increase Your Teaching Options for World Language Instruction While Maintaining 90% of Instruction in the Target Language
Innovative strategies, motivating ideas and easy-to-implement examples for diverse language levels for immediate use in your world language classroom
- Increase Student Opportunities for Communication in the Target Language
Learn how iPads, Android tablets and other mobile technology can significantly increase opportunities for students to communicate in the target language with affordable and accessible apps
- Motivate and Engage Your Students with the Latest and Best, Interactive World Language Websites
Actively engage your world language students with online activities designed to develop language concepts and vocabulary … Effective ways for using mobile devices to motivate even your most reluctant learners as well your students with special needs
- Receive Access to a Specially Created Website and an Extensive World Language Instruction Resource Handbook
You’ll receive your own copy of an extensive world language resource handbook to support your implementation of the ideas presented during the seminar in your own world language classroom along with specific details of how you can access a specially created website which includes print-ready handouts and helpful video webcasts
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to implement apps for your mobile devices in the world language classroom
- Step-by-step demonstrations for practical applications for the beginner and advanced language learner
- Dozens of practical ways to utilize free Google Tools to enhance target language learning
- Ways to stay current with new uses for iPads, Android tablets and other mobile devices
- New and engaging websites that provide opportunities for your students to communicate in the target language
- The best, free and affordable apps ideal for teaching and learning in grades 6-12 world language classrooms
- How you can use mobile technology to differentiate world language instruction so all students are appropriately challenged
- New ways to use technology for world language students to navigate in all levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy
- How to easily create accommodated exams for students with IEPs and 504 plans
- Reinforcement and enhancement of your knowledge of tech tools and the rationale for using them in the world language classroom
- Proven techniques for purposeful technology integration in the world language classroom
- How mobile technology can expand opportunities for your students to stay in target language
- Innovative ways to use iPads, Android tablets and other mobile cutting-edge technology to more effectively incorporate higher-order cognitive skills in grades 6-12 world language settings
- Helpful sites and timesaving strategies to help you stay current with technological developments and specific applications for the world language classroom
- Transform learning objectives in your curricula by enhancing existing world language lessons
- Ways to utilize mobile devices to differentiate your instruction for diverse levels of world language learners
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a current world language educator, I believe it’s a great time to be teaching world languages! Integrating Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, and other mobile devices into the world language classroom increases options for all students to create and perform using the target language. I am passionate about purposefully integrating new technological tools to enhance second language instruction and learning. My goal is simple: showcase the most useful tools and strategies that work in world language classrooms to enhance your lessons and engage all of your language learners. Students leave our classrooms with both 21st Century and world language proficiency that they will apply in their world.
During the past 15 years I have been exploring the very best tech tools fit for the world language classroom. Used effectively, technology can significantly transform the teaching and learning of languages. You will learn about the tools your students may already be using in other classes or at home. You will walk away with practical, easy-to-implement ideas for seamlessly integrating iPads or tablets into your language program. Additionally, you will receive rich examples of rubrics to guide your assessment, links to video screencasts to support students, student examples of work and online access to resources for when you return to your classroom.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar. You will leave with a plethora of ideas on how you can improve your teaching and your students’ learning of language using an iPad and other digital tools.
P.S. This seminar is designed for world language teachers to walk away with numerous ideas to implement immediately in their classrooms. I am confident that novice and tech-savvy world language teachers alike will leave knowing they have significantly added to their teaching repertoire.
Who Should Attend
World Language Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Technology Integration Specialists, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook with step-by-step instructions, screenshots, rubrics, and tips for implementing digital supplements to your world language curricula. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of activities and projects using the technology already available in your world language students’ hands
- Screenshots and video screencasts that show how each application looks along with information you can share with your students
... and many more!
- Step-by-step directions for students as they begin these new digital projects
- Tips on how to use mobile devices for classroom management and administrative tasks in the world language classroom
- Student work examples
- Easy-to-use strategies for implementing 21st Century technology in your world language classroom
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical technology applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal, a large screen multimedia projection system will be used to demonstrate specific app and projects throughout the day. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device, but it is not a requirement to attend. Your hardcopy and ecopy resource handbook were created to provide you with the project ideas and resources to support your individual hands-on exploration of these ideas when you return to your classroom.
Receive Access to a Specially Created Seminar Follow Up Website
The seminar website offers online versions of many of the paper resources found in the handbook. In addition, the website includes links to all external examples used in the session, video tutorials and shared rubrics.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.