Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Strategies! Strategies! Strategies! Increase and Accelerate Your ELL Students' Learning and Success in School (Grades K-6)
Presented by Mary Peterson
Specifically Designed for ELL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants who work with ELL Students in Grades K-6, and Administrators
- Strategies that work! Dozens of practical strategies to increase your ELL students' achievement in the classroom or online
- Innovative and highly practical ideas, activities and lessons to strengthen and develop the reading and writing skills of ELL students
- Small and whole group classroom strategies based on the best, current research to help your ELL students advance through every level of language acquisition
- Hands-on demonstrations, student examples and an extensive digital resource handbook packed with ready-to-use, practical ideas and materials designed just for teaching ELL students in K-6 classrooms and online
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is packed with dozens of practical, ready-to-use strategies proven to increase the school success of your K-6 ELL students in your classroom or online. The emphasis is on strategies and activities that really work, based on real ELL students in real classrooms. Mary Peterson, an experienced classroom teacher who has years of experience working with ELL students, will provide you with small and whole group activities to help students increase their reading, writing and language skills using research-based strategies designed specifically for ELL students.
In addition, Mary will share management techniques and step-by-step small group lessons and activities for each language level. Since there will be a large display of student samples at the seminar, you may want to take photos. You will leave this down-to-earth, practical seminar with an extensive digital resource handbook and easy-to-implement ELL teaching ideas proven to boost the language skills and confidence of your ELL students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dozens of Practical Strategies to Increase Your ELL Students' Achievement … Strategies that Work!
Research-based strategies to increase the school and online success of your ELL students … Practical, classroom-based strategies you can use immediately
- Strengthen Your ELL Students' Reading Achievement
Learn research-based strategies to teach vital fluency, comprehension and vocabulary skills to help your ELL students meet proficiency standards
- Apply the Best, Current Research on Second Language Acquisition
Learn powerful strategies based on the best, current research on how children acquire language
- Strengthen Your ELL Students' Writing Skills
Specific, step-by-step guided writing strategies for increasing the writing abilities of your ELL students … All designed with the realities of today's classroom in mind
- Include ELL Students in the General Education Classroom
Discover whole group strategies that are productive for all levels of ELL students and can easily be used in inclusive settings
- Accelerate the Achievement of Your ELL Students in Content Areas
Learn hands-on, comprehensible strategies for teaching academic content and improving language skills at the same time
- Provide Effective Small Group Lessons for Each Level of Your English Language Learners
Here are specific, ready-to-use lesson plans that you can use immediately to help your ELL students advance through every level of language acquisition
- Strengthen Your Total Academic Program for ELL Students
Discover practical, time-efficient strategies for modifying your current curriculum and adjusting directed content-area instruction that results in increased learning for all of your ELL students
- Support the ELL Newcomers in Your Classroom or Online
Welcome your ELL newcomers with dozens of ideas to keep them actively involved and receiving comprehensible input from day one
- Incorporate Informed Assessment to Determine Language Levels
Learn how to conduct ongoing assessment and keep a skills checklist so you can better match your small group instruction to the needs of your ELL students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Discover numerous, new and innovative strategies to accelerate and increase ELL student achievement and success whether you are teaching online or in-person
- A wealth of small group lessons designed to maximize achievement of each level of English language learners
- Highly effective guided reading techniques and comprehension strategies to increase the reading levels of your ELL students
- Practical ideas to make your current curriculum comprehensible and relevant to your ELL students
- Highly effective strategies to help ELL students grasp vocabulary understanding and grammar skills
- Guided writing strategies and graphic organizers to increase the writing skills of all levels of ELL students
- How to create a positive, safe and welcoming classroom environment for all students
- Tools to conduct ongoing and informal assessments of ELL students so you can match instruction to their needs
- Classroom and online management techniques to help you work smarter, not harder
- Motivating ideas to make learning English natural and enjoyable for all students
- Instructional strategies proven to help ELL students achieve success in the general education classroom
- Techniques to integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities into your current curriculum
- Cooperative learning activities to strengthen language skills of all students
- Cultural awareness activities to promote self-esteem and understanding
- Numerous, fun and exciting language building games and activities
- Practical strategies to make content learning more comprehensible
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced teacher of ELL students in a general education classroom, I know firsthand the challenges we face to help our students achieve the high standards expected of them. In this highly practical seminar, you will receive research-based strategies that have been proven to increase the language skills of ELL students. I will share dozens of collaborative group strategies that work well for all levels of ELL students as well as English-only students. You will also learn specific small group strategies to teach ELL students at each level of language acquisition.
You will receive management techniques for implementing ELL instruction in a general education classroom or in your online environment so you can work smarter, not harder. You will learn numerous games and innovative ideas to teach language skills across the curriculum, along with ways to assess the needs of ELL students and plan small group instruction at varying levels.
Helping our ELL students grow and gain confidence as they learn English is very rewarding. Being a member of a culturally diverse classroom or online community can be an enriching experience for teachers and students. You will leave this seminar with a wealth of highly effective strategies for accelerating language skills, promoting self-esteem and creating a community of active, engaged learners.
P.S. If you want easy and practical ELL strategies you can use the next day in your classroom or online teaching environment, this seminar is for you.
Who Should Attend
ELL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants who work with ELL students in Grades K-6, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step instructional strategies to enhance language skills whether working at school or online
- Lesson plan formats
- Assessment guides and checklists
- Cultural awareness activities and resources
- Graphic organizers for reading and writing activities
- Specific lessons for each level of language acquisition
Mary Peterson will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.